It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The frozen horse heads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hello, well firs things first , the title says it all , but i am struggling to figure out of this is real ? i can't really find any wiki info on it , i found a short video and ill post here , but i Guess in 1929 some Horses were spooked by a squirrel who electrocuted him self on some high powered wires , causing the horse's to get spooked , and well the result is this
also here is a short video on the incident

i found this interesting , any thoughts ATS ?

MOD's : i am not sure if this belongs here , but ...feel free to do what thow wilt

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
One suggestion. Stop loooking for wiki info?Wikipedia is fing retarded.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ispyarich
One suggestion. Stop loooking for wiki info?Wikipedia is fing retarded.

thanks for the advice , now do you have anything to contribute towards the topic ?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

That's one of the craziest things I've ever seen. I think it's made up, but I can't be too sure. For one thing, squirrels routinely run along power lines and don't get zapped because they aren't grounded. Just like birds. I guess one could ground itself while on a power line, but I've never seen it happen.

That last line about people from horses... too much!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer

That's one of the craziest things I've ever seen. I think it's made up, but I can't be too sure. For one thing, squirrels routinely run along power lines and don't get zapped because they aren't grounded. Just like birds. I guess one could ground itself while on a power line, but I've never seen it happen.

That last line about people from horses... too much!

i guess it caused some kind of fire , and spooked the horses , keep in mind this was 1929

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You want to know if this is real? My father owns horses. It doesn't make me an expert but I do spend time with them. So here's my take. There are a few things wrong with the heads them selves namely the one in the foreground. The shape of the mouth seems off to me. And the shape on the teeth. But then again this might be due to the breed. The eyes seem off. Not at the right place IMO.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It looks fake to me,
is the snow so deep that it covered the entire horse except the heads?
where are the horse tracks how did they get there?
if the snow is that deep then why do we see a path in the snow? wouldn`t whatever made that path also have sunk into the deep snow?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
They look like sculptures.. and that photo is def not from 1929 (if it is supposed to be)
edit on 1-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The footage is from this movie www.imdb.com... so obviously not real

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

If you are trying to determine if the picture is real.. it's not.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
It looks fake to me,
is the snow so deep that it covered the entire horse except the heads?
where are the horse tracks how did they get there?
if the snow is that deep then why do we see a path in the snow? wouldn`t whatever made that path also have sunk into the deep snow?

so i guess they fell into into an icy river ? ... not sure if their would be tracks

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

If you are trying to determine if the picture is real.. it's not.

i am trying to determine if your real ! and your Not! .....see how lame that sounds ? maybe you can provide and explanation ?
just saying ?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Now, where the horse meat, found In Tesco beefburgers and those of other retailers here in the UK, becomes clear!

Haha.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
They look like sculptures.. and that photo is def not from 1929 (if it is supposed to be)
edit on 1-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

maybe this one looks like it's from 1929 ?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There's a town about a hour away from me called Horseheads, NY. I looked up the story in Wikipedia on how it got its name, but I heard a more gruesome story.

""The Valley of the Horses’ Heads'(NEEDS CITATION)
A twenty-eight square mile memorial, unparalled in American Military History, is the proud distinction that enshrines the Town and Village of Horseheads, New York. Nowhere on the American Continent has the writer, through considerable government and public research, been able to find a town or village that perpetuates the same patriotic drama laid at the doorsteps of Horseheads, N.Y. on September 24, 1779. This date hallmarks, the time and hallowed ground where lie, the relics and sun-bleached skulls (some estimates run as high as 300) of the American Military pack horses of Major-General John Sullivan. These peaceful servants of General Sullivan and his officers with about 5000 “ragged rebels” (as expressed by George III) brought forth gallantry, in the American Revolutionary War’s Western Campaign against the Six Nations of the Iroquois worthy of greatness to exalt these pack horses to any American Military “Valhalla.” Burdened down with heavy military equipment in their 450 mile journey through wooded wilderness from Easton, PA, over to Wyoming, and on up the Susquehanna River Trail to Elmira, NY, they continued north through Horseheads to the Finger Lakes region and west to Geneseo. Returning the same route to Horseheads, these military pack horses had reached the end of their endurance. Here, General Sullivan, through humanitary [sic] reasons was compelled to dispose of these partners in the cause of American freedom. A few years later, the skulls of the horses were arrayed along the trail by a few returning Indians. On this spot, the first settlers built their homes. This location, first known as “the Valley of the Horses’ Heads,” was later changed to Horseheads. "
en.wikipedia.org...

The story I heard was that it was during the Revolutionary War, but the Major General, got caught in an early winter storm (in November). The winter did not relent. The soldiers had to eat the horses and use their hides for warmth and shelter. By the time relief troups reached the men to get them supplies, all they found of the horses were their heads.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
idk if it's real or not but diffidently cool as heck.
Something ya dont see any day for sure..

It goes to show ya no matter what you can think of it's been done or thought of before lol

new topics

top topics

join