It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF you eat at Burger King, you've been eatting horse meat!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Gah, people sticking up for Burger King? That place is appalling.

Robert Downey Jr. claimed he ate a burger from BK that was so disgustingly bad that it made him quit drugs and rethink his life - end result: Iron Man!

According to RDJ, in 2003 he was driving a car full of drugs when he decided to go grab a burger. The burger he had was, apparently, exceptionally disgusting. So repulsive was the burger that he thought something really bad was going to happen.

It made him rethink where his life was going, and so he drove down to the ocean and threw all the drugs that were in his car into it. From that point forward, he started recovering from his drug use. (source)

BK could make it's burgers from Kobe beef and they would still find a way to make it gross.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
False Advertisement

I am astounded by how many people are so nonchalant about this....

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I can see the spin already. They can label their Woppers as "French Cuisine."

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Have you ever tried it? Compared to beef it is really lean, similar taste and to me, slightly richer. Don't bag it out until you have given it a chance.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
So what. Whats wrong with horse meat. It's lean. Probably healthier than cow meat. We eat elk, deer, buffalo, cows, pigs, birds. So whats wrong with getting a little horse meat in their diet.

Look at it this way. Burger kings burgers probably had less cholesterol and fat and were healthier for their customers since they started incorporating horse meat. It's a win win. Now serving exotic meat, for the burger afficianados out there. Top that Mc Donalds.

Sad things McDonalds probably could top that claim. You know that trend with monkey poop coffee? Well this is the same thing but but reversed and there's no exotic coffee beans, and instead of monkey it's rat poop in your coffee. But hey it's the latest trend and it's available at participating stores (read all of them)
edit on 2-2-2013 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm sticking to McDonald's Pink slime. Tastes delicious

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I will stick with my tofu.

At least I know one day I won't be shocked to find out it was giraffe the whole time.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
I find it odd that an animal (not grown for food) would somehow be less experience (to use for food) than an animal specifically grown for food. Especially when you consider that horses live pretty long lives. Wouldn't rabbit be cheaper than horse meat? Even lamb would be cheaper except that they tend to raise sheep for the wool rather than the meat (which is partly why lamb is expensive) and mutton is tough.

I'd assume that the horse meat they are putting in their burgers isn't from horses bred to be slaughtered, but rather old or sickly horses who've been sent off to their deaths; they aren't going to pay more for horse meat.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Horse is a very lean meat and it does taste good.Some might consider a Horse-Burger to be a high-class meal.I would rather eat horse than starve....YUM!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I believe that Giraffe is now considered Kosher(Horse would not be so). Don't get me wrong(I am very fond of animals); They all taste good when grilled and covered with barbeque sauce.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Blasted false advertisements! If only those responsible could be fed donkey meet unwittingly, or perhaps they already have been, after all the saying goes "you are what you eat!" And they certainly are a bunch of donkeys for their deception.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

That's not the point. Yes we don't have to buy Burger King but when we do and we are being told its 100% British beef and it ends up containing horse meat from a different country that is plain wrong. It's also ILLEGAL to eat horse meat in the UK so yeah morally and illegally wrong. But your stance of "you don't have to eat it" well go into a bank, withdraw 200, get given 100 but its your fault, should've used the cash machine.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I believe there are many hungry people around the world that would love to eat a horse(literally);I am one of those people.Horse is way better then GMO and High Fructose Corn syrup.Horse;It's what's for dinner!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWetCoast

I believe that Giraffe is now considered Kosher

Yeah I still wouldn't trust it. I have seen one too many "Kosher" slaughterhouse clips

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Slow-roast that Giraffe and cover it in a sweet and sour sauce.Server with rice and stir fry-yummy.Also I recommend Goat braised with Honey and a good brown stout(maybe some garlic and onions/leeks);server with roasted potatoes/mashed potatoes,carrots,beets,and spicy peppers if it suits you.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I am mostly amused at the prospect you think on the other end is a sensitive hippy weeping

I'm a proud vegetarian. Chosen from a moral basis. But you need not take offense. I wasn't trying to convert you, and I didn't call PETA.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Follow your heart.Eat what you chose to eat.I would not have you eat meat if you do not find it agreeable.I only make jokes for comedic purposes and if you find them crude and distasteful that is your right. I recommend "Roasted Camel with Saffron and Mint",with rice or pasta as a side dish.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Have it your neigh, have it your neigh, have it your neigh at Burger King.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Oh no problem at all
Sorry for misunderstanding! I am used to people not being comedic with that when I mention I'm a veggie-killer and all that jazz so I just assumed. Ooops..
edit on 2-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Horse isn't for everyone.For a Vegan-Burger i recommend a half cup finely diced mushrooms(whatever kind you prefer).1/4 cup diced celery,1/4 cup diced pepper(any color),1 cup tofu and 1 teaspoon of light and dark soy sauce..You might consider adding 1/4 cup Quinoa Flour if it suits you.Mix ingredients well and form into desired shape.Cook at medium heat for 10-15 minutes a side in a pan lightly coated with vegetable/olive oil.Serve on desired bread/roll,top with spouts or other greens/vegetables-enjoy!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join