It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VW Passat's in U.K get 78 mpg. U.S. Gov Won't Let Them Be Sold Over Here.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Are you sure you just dont need to convert details of the car to drive it in America, like installing a speedo that displays miles? We cant drive a taurus, unless we install a km/h speedo and change the rear indicators.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by erwalker

maybe you are right but,

i have contacts who met the guy in real life, and saw it for themselves. My sources tell me it was legit and at the time this meeting took place Stan spoke of "being threatened" i can only assume these threats were from some government or angry oil company.

I believe it was the real deal, he kept the workings a secret yes, only because he wanted to get rich of it. he died before he could hit mainstream with his ideas.

if you had an invention like this, you would want to set yourself up financially before spilling the beans on its secrets. they got to him to soon.

his death was no coincidence

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkuzzleButt

maybe you are right but,

i have contacts who met the guy in real life, and saw it for themselves. My sources tell me it was legit and at the time this meeting took place Stan spoke of "being threatened" i can only assume these threats were from some government or angry oil company.

I believe it was the real deal, he kept the workings a secret yes, only because he wanted to get rich of it. he died before he could hit mainstream with his ideas.

if you had an invention like this, you would want to set yourself up financially before spilling the beans on its secrets. they got to him to soon.

1. Given that Meyer would not let anyone conduct tests measuring the amount of the energy being consumed by his device for the quantity of hydrogen being produced, your sources have no means of actually knowing that the device was legit.

2. Anyone can claim to be threatened. It does not mean the threat is real. Your claim that his death was no coincidence has no foundation in fact.

3. If I had such an invention, I would make sure I patented it before I started conducting supposed demonstrations on the local news. You don't set yourself up financially before patenting a device. You patent a device so you protect your idea. Then you can charge money for it, whether through licencing or producing it yourself, that sets you up financially.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by erwalker

maybe you are right but,

1. Given that Meyer would not let anyone conduct tests measuring the amount of the energy being consumed by his device for the quantity of hydrogen being produced, your sources have no means of actually knowing that the device was legit.

2. Anyone can claim to be threatened. It does not mean the threat is real. Your claim that his death was no coincidence has no foundation in fact.

3. If I had such an invention, I would make sure I patented it before I started conducting supposed demonstrations on the local news. You don't set yourself up financially before patenting a device. You patent a device so you protect your idea. Then you can charge money for it, whether through licencing or producing it yourself, that sets you up financially.

i think he had a patent on it, called a water fuel cell or somthing. however not sure what happened with it

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

i think he had a patent on it, called a water fuel cell or somthing. however not sure what happened with it

He may have. I believe I saw something to that effect. Having a patent on something however does not necessarily mean that you have actually managed to build the device. At least not in the US. Nor are the bureaucrats at the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) always knowledgeable in the field in which the patented device operates.

The USPTO must, before it issues a patent, find the invention to be:
1. Patentable subject matter;
2. Novel;
3. Non-obvious; and
4. Useful

The standard of what constitutes a patentable subject matter varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. For example, in Canada you normally have to actually have built a physical device based on your idea. You can't patent software in Canada whereas you can in the US.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, if he did patent a working device, his rights to the invention were protected. Unless someone could prove that the patent did not meet all four of the above requirements, he could make and sell or licence somebody else to to do the same, making loads of money in the process.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Same for the Tata Nano

Never heard of Tata? They are Indian, and also own Jaguar Land Rover, as of 2008.

The Nano is the cheapest car in the world... Pretty efficient as well. Fuel efficiency ratings: (overall): 25.35 kilometres per litre (4.24 litres per 100 kilometres (66.6 mpg-imp; 55.5 mpg-US)). But AFAIK, you won't find any in the US.

Links:
model lineup: link

more car pics: link

March 4, 2013- Tata Motors slashes hatchback, sedan prices by Rs 29,000-50,000 story link
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
disclaimer: I am not Indian, nor do I own any stake in Tata motors.

ETA: If you look on the internet, you will see articles and papers saying that "they're coming". But they have been coming for years.... still not here.
edit on 2/4/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join