It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please debunk this ---UFO UFO over California Coast 2-9-2004 "Franks Peak", San Marcos, CA"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Again, I know the area, I've been there tons of times. These lights, on this video, are not from Double Peak. I would also like to add, that is not an oil tanker but a water reservoir for the local communities which didn't even spring up until 2007ish. I would also like to add that lights in this area are a light orange hue as the county has had light pollution regulations since the mid 90s if not earlier so people from the Palomar Mountain Observatory could get a better view of the night sky. The only bright lights in that area are from schools built in the late 2000s, but like I said, that area near Double Peak had no such schools. I've been to Double Peak at dusk right before they close the park for the night and the lights on the buildings which include a bathroom and the Park Warden's residence are the same said orangey lights thus would not be seen this brightly for miles around. As I've said before, the lights on this video are NOT from Double Peak but they could be ground lights from the surrounding San Marcos/Escondido/Vista/Oceanside area. Quite honestly, it's probably some sort of military activity as San Marcos is quite close to Camp Pendleton and some flights from USMCAS Miramar in south San DIego County take flights over east SD county to Camp Pendleton in North SD County. Again, NOT Double Peak.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have not been able to match it up with any structures in the area. If you live in the area can you give us more details or photographs of these structures you think might be responsible for causing this.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

There are multiple things west of Double Peak that could be seen which exhibit that amount of brightness including William Bradly Park in San Marcos which they use for recreational softball/baseball/soccer games around 4-miles away from Franks Peak, Palomar airport in Carlsbad being relatively close around 6 miles away, Oceanside pier being around 12-15 miles or it could have been flares from Camp Pendleton around 15-20 miles away. To be honest, When I'm at Double Peak around dusk, it's really hard to see anything that bright unless you use binoculars or a low powered telescope like they have for site viewing purposes at Double Peak. I would probably lean towards Palomar Airport or William Bradly Park as they're probably the brightest areas in the general San Marcos area. To be honest, I'm kind of scratching my head as the object does appear to be over the horizon where the coast is at, it's really hard to tell as the video is shot at night and it's impossible to see the horizon. I guess it could be a few fishing boats or some sort of navy vessel but I have a hard time believing they'd have lights bright enough to be picked up by an amateurish video camera from such a distance.

edit on 2/1/2013 by Daedalus24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I never heard of Frank's Peak. So I went out to look at it, but there were too many trees in the way. Looking at the map, I am just a few miles north of it. I am 7 miles from the ocean, so the peak is at least 8 miles from it.

So though it does look like a tanker, it seems WAY TOO BIG to be one. He would really have to have a large zoom lens for it to show up that big. But if those lights below it were right on the beach, then the dark part between the UFO and the lights would be dark water.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In the absence of any other evidence I have to go with Homeslice on this one. It's lights on a hill. Just another one of those dubious super blurry distant shots that are desperately foisted on us as "proof".

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Maybe Google Street View has a new photo of this.

Besides, just because something looks like it is flying or up in the air doesn't mean it actually is. There's a tendency for our brains to interpret it that way, but it seems to me that it could just as easily be a trail of lights far away below the level of the camera operator.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The only thing that comes to mind is the Hudson Valley Flying Wing as depicted
in the Unsolved Mysteries series. Lights all along the wing edge makes sense.
I have seen the video many times on YouTube, thats my research.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

So which one?

There is no B-2 Bomber included.
Sorry for that.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Funny, I live in the Valley just east of Franks Peak and it looks exactly like a group of cops, paramedics, fire department up on the hills in front of me. My backyard looks right at Franks peak and there's always cars up there and some awesome houses too. When people drive there cars its cool seeing the light swirving around the turns. No UFO here.....

I would say it was from the new fire department but they didnt open untill 2008 in San Elijo Hills.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2013 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Turns out that I see Frank’s Peak everyday. I drove up there last night before sunset. I always thought there were boonies on the other side but it is a modern high rent district, full of huge homes, condos and apartments. As soon as I got there I felt I had UFO this solved. The F stands for floating.

Here is the view from Double Peak Park. The first 7 seconds shows the coast along Oceanside.

What I think is Frank’s Peak shows up at 45 seconds. I think it has a fire watch tower on it. From the ground this looks like the highest spot in the hill chain.

www.youtube.com...

So I am 99% sure that the video, using a telephoto lens, shows a freighter off the coast. And the person who took the video knew this and lied to us. I have to say that for me it is debunked.

depositphotos.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Snaffers

This one:

Kindly do not give the link to any agents that take down wing UFOs given
great detail by witnesses and graphic artists.

OK anti UFO agents over look this one.
(I could post a non link but I didn't saying they got there before you did.)
ED: Snaffers you have anti UFO material as the best sightings clearly
call for Oval (you don't have it), flat disk A8 the Rex Heflin sightings and photos,
Wing Hudson Valley (you don't have it), and Triangle (don't have that either) as
the best witnesses and acclaimed close up sightings.

edit on 2/4/2013 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
HAY GUYZ. THIS IS ALIENZ AND IF U SEY OTHERWIZE, THEN YOU ARE AN INFIDEL AND WILL DIE THE DETH OF A STUCK PIG!!!!!111 SO PROVE THIS IS NOT ALIENZ AN DUNT EVEN BRING LOGIX INTO MAH THREAD CUZ ONLY DEBUNKRS USE LOGIX AND FACTS!!111 OBVIOUSLY SATAN ANDZ HIS ARMY OF WESTERN CAPITALIST PIGZ DUNT WANT U TO OPEN UR MINDZ EYE AND SEEZ TEH TROOF!!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join