It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need help finding a game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
back when i was in grade school (1976 - 1979), one of my teachers introduced us to a game. the game was a government game. this is how it was played (at least how i remember)

each player was given a role. one person was a mayor, a city council person, a congress man, etc. each player was given a card showing the limits of what each position has. and what each job title was able to do. a role player could work with or against any other player.

one player is chosen by a moderator to complete a task (example: passing an ordinance)
the moderator also gives each role player a task that they need to "further their career"

the player then holds a "meeting" with the role players. then each role player could work with or against each other (sometimes walking away from the table to make political deals) to make the tasks happen or not.

if i remember correctly a member of the council could be bribed, or be convinced by a political favor.

it was pretty cool. i don't remember the name of the game. the name gomston or comstone keeps popping up in my head but the searches so far have zero results.

has anyone else heard or played this game before? would be cool play it again.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well, I guess you can first start by visiting this site:

Computer History 1960 - 1980

It seems as though you were playing on either an Apple II or a Pet computer.

Most of my schools at that time all had Pets.

I'll do some digging around and see if I can't find it for you.

join