It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF seizes a shipment of 30 'dangerous' weapons.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My homemade Potato Launcher will do more dmg than that airsoft gun. And I can control how much power it has pending the type of cylinder I use at the end.

Converting an airsoft gun to a real gun.... It would shatter in one shot and you'll be lucky that the shrapnel from the plastic gun exploding doesn't take your eye out. Or worse.

safety first!!! you should be wearing eye protection when doing incredibly stupid things with ... yea I'm just going to sit back and wait patiently for the story to go really mainstream and then the first incidents of idiots trying this when they go commit whatever crime they were planning.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Do the grown men wearing camo and firing their fake guns with the orange tips out running around in the woods realize what complete idiots they look like? Just wondering.

Would you rather see people train with live ammo?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
"Converting" an Airsoft gun would turn it into a Frag Grenade.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Those bad boys sure are fun.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

THIS is my BOOMSTICK!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Spud guns are probably listed as weapons of terrorists. After all they do shoot spud missiles.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

In fact they are working parts modified to receive airsoft.

if true then Colt is severely over pricing their firearms.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here's a little food for thought. Read the description.

www.classicfirearms.com...

The lower receiver, as was pointed out earlier in this thread, is a low stress part.
They can, and, are made from PLASTIC. A company named "Plum Crazy" was one of the first to put this concept into a real product that works as advertised.

So, while I agree the ATF are a bunch of morons, looking for real relevance where there is none, the argument can be made for an airsoft lower being able to used in a real AR-15.
It just needs to be made of the right type of plastic.

Carry on...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
In theory you could turn a potato into a machine gun if you had all the parts to make a machine gun and knew how to assemble them, but you wouldn`t have a potato gun you would have a machine gun with a potato stuck on the end of the barrel.
why would anyone even bother to try to make a real gun from a toy gun when it`s easier and cheaper to just go and buy a real gun either legally or illegally.
The government has gone completely paranoid.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
They would have to file a "freedom of information request" to see the documentation that these guns can actually be converted to fire real bullets?
Are you kidding me? Sounds like they're buying some time so they can put together some bogus documents.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

edit on 1-2-2013 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by phrookface

Has anyone seen pumkin chunkin??? Let's up the odds.... Revolution by Mass Pumkin Chunkin... They took our pumpkins~ Gov't has propossed a ban on Pumpkin Cannons and the growing of pumpkins... Children in the USA will never look at halloween the same again. /cry

On a more serious note: I'm standing behind my initial response. If successfull unless your modifying this into a .22cal (which you might as well use as a picken gun for small rodents) The most you will get out is 1 shot.

It's just like the 3d printable guns. 1 pop shots~

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
so you can "convert" an airsoft gun to fire live ammo...you just need to replace every single part with actual gun parts.

in other words, you can use actual gun parts to make an actual gun.

you cannot convert an airsoft gun into a military grade weapon. you can't even convert it into a real gun without replacing all the parts (with the possible exception of the receiver, but i wouldn't trust it and i still think it is doubtful).

this is in NO way a threat. completely blown out of proportions. i could "convert" a solid block of steel into a milled receiver, so does that mean raw steel and milling machines constitute "military grade" components? no. this is ludicrous.

edit on 1-2-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
ATF got caught with their pants down...AGAIN! I love it! What a useless agency. I especially enjoy when they put their moron Special Agents on television to confirm what everybody thinks about them. How's that go? Better to keep your mouth shut and have people believe you're stupid, rather than seize a shipment of toy guns and confirm that everyone knows you're stupid. Hahaha...beautiful. I love that my tax dollars were spent by a federal agency researching whether or not toy guns can be converted to military grade weapons...where does it end people?

Star and Flag, sir! Star and Flag!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Where is the ATF on this?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
do we really want to be playing "blow people away" anyway ?

if you want to say "guns don't kill people, people kill people" well then maybe we should tone down the violent culture just a tad ?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I've played airsoft..

First of all it's just a game... You know when you're out there you aren't really going to hurt anyone (unless of course they fall and skin their knee
)

It's fun... You don't hear people freaking out about paintball guns (which btw have variants that also look identical to an AR)

--

Trust me if anyone tried to shoot a real bullet through one of those plastic / aluminum airsoft guns it would literally be blown to smithereens...

There is a reason real guns are made from steel...
edit on 1-2-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Seriously?

I said the world has gone stupid and it is only getting more stupid by the day.

Airsoft guns can be converted!!!!!

I really have heard it all now.
edit on 1-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Isn't this really old?

Yeah it is.....

posted on 28-2-2010 @ 10:34 AM
ATF Seizes 30 Toy Guns, Infuriating Local Business Owner
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So what if it's old doesn't change a damn thing nothing but a bunch of Barney Fifes enforcing gun laws in this country.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join