It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow "christians", why do you think it is better to kill people than be gay?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Um ... hmmmm ....

I don't know where you get that Christians think it's better to kill people than to be gay???
Sorry, but I'm not seeing that at all. And as far as the pedophiles in the Catholic church .. yep .. that was a major problem ...but the protestants and the public schools have the same problem and they are not addressing it. I wish they would ....

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I really can't follow your post or the 'logic' ....

Priests are unmarried in the Catholic church so their attention won't be taken away from the job that they do. This is scriptural -

1 Corinthians 7: 33 -34 A married man is concerned about the affairs of the world, how he can please his wife. His interests are divided. In the same way, a woman who is no longer married or has never been married can be devoted to the Lord and holy in body and in spirit. But a married woman has to think about her earthly responsibilities and how to please her husband.

And for those out there that somehow think that being celebate caused homosexual pedophile attacks .. that's just not the case. Celebacy doesn't cause homosexuality. It doesn't work that way.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
but the weapons are sure making, the breaking of the Ten Commandments, a lot easier.

- JC

OMGah, you didn't just go there?
Surely you may want to reconsider the integrity of your argument?

What about cars? You can pretty much wipe out all Ten just with cars.
So by the logic, ahem, of your argument, yeah, never mind......

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

there is no evidence that homosexuality has any relation to genetics. it is really vivid that gay intercourse is unnatural. and people say they have seen animals who have done that ! gay intercourse !! for sure this hasl never happened. even if this were true, after all is human comparable to insects and animals !!!!!
homosexuality will have really bad consequences for societies. it can ruin the population. and cause mental problems. it is really as sad as a delayed Christmas that people do not remember the lessons of history. first adultery ruined families and caused lots of children without family and now homosexuality.
they want to spread homosexuality in USA and through USA they will spread it through out the world.
maybe it is a new tool for them to put pressure on unwanted countries and or maybe the goal is even worse.
Why !? just God knows !!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Exactly, animals never have gay sex, and all those animals engaging in homosexuality on Youtube are paid homosexual actors in fur costumes!

All those studies with twins have never pointed to any possible genetic component whatsoever.
Gays are just very naughty or bored straight people, who need nothing but a good stoning to death, or a birching on the Isle of Man to turn them straight.

It's high time the US made gays illegal and became a normal homophobic country, like Saudi Arabia, Iran or Zimbabwe!
I'm sure that's what most Americans want.

The dark ages were actually the happiest time in humanity, and that's where politicians should lead us today.
There was no divorce or gay pride back then, and there was law and order, with wholesome family entertainment, like seeing heretics roasted alive.
Those were the days...

(sarcasm)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

there is no evidence that homosexuality has any relation to genetics. it is really vivid that gay intercourse is unnatural. and people say they have seen animals who have done that ! gay intercourse !! for sure this hasl never happened. even if this were true, after all is human comparable to insects and animals !!!!!
homosexuality will have really bad consequences for societies. it can ruin the population. and cause mental problems. it is really as sad as a delayed Christmas that people do not remember the lessons of history. first adultery ruined families and caused lots of children without family and now homosexuality.
they want to spread homosexuality in USA and through USA they will spread it through out the world.
maybe it is a new tool for them to put pressure on unwanted countries and or maybe the goal is even worse.
Why !? just God knows !!!!

[QUOTE] Why !? just God knows !!!!

Exactly, so don't act like you do know what's really going on.

There are studies coming about linking epigenetics and homosexuality.

I respect your decision to be prejudiced, but I for one, do not fear what I don't understand and will not have anything to do with a Christian who looks down upon anyone for their sexual orientation, a facet a person has no control over, and over anything.

Loads of Christians need to learn some humility and love and I am not saying this for my own sake because Christianity is the closest to what is and it is imperative that one holds and honors the simple characteristics of love, hope, and faith of God. To do otherwise is to be immature spiritually.
edit on 2-2-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Originally posted by stupid girl
OMGah, you didn't just go there?

Oops, looks like I did…

Surely you may want to reconsider the integrity of your argument?

What argument lol… it wasn’t like I was building a huge case or anything.

What about cars? You can pretty much wipe out all Ten just with cars.
So by the logic, ahem, of your argument, yeah, never mind......

I think a clear differential needs to made between items that can kill, and ones that can murder.

For example, cars may kill more people statistically than hand guns, but those car related deaths are mostly accidents, which can be put down to people either breaking the speed limit, or drunk driving.

As for baseball bats and knifes etc... they were clearly designed for other purposes, than just murdering people. Also those items can’t murder hundreds of innocent people in one go. Your assault riffle, firing of so many hundreds of rounds per second, and (what else was on that list, oh yeah…) 81mm mortars, and M79 grenade launchers, can!

- JC

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I really can't follow your post or the 'logic' ....

Priests are unmarried in the Catholic church so their attention won't be taken away from the job that they do. This is scriptural -

1 Corinthians 7: 33 -34 A married man is concerned about the affairs of the world, how he can please his wife. His interests are divided. In the same way, a woman who is no longer married or has never been married can be devoted to the Lord and holy in body and in spirit. But a married woman has to think about her earthly responsibilities and how to please her husband.

And for those out there that somehow think that being celebate caused homosexual pedophile attacks .. that's just not the case. Celebacy doesn't cause homosexuality. It doesn't work that way.

Homosexual urges, or pediphilism is the reason for celebacy, net result: entering the profession/domaine of the 'Clergy'.
If said and true regarding the married womans pleasing of her husband; how does the Nun married to Christ (taking the vows and wearing that ring) please Him in an "earthly way".
edit on 2-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

About a year ago, there was this insane dentist's wife, the wife = insane, not the dentist, he was just screwing most of his office staff, anyhoo, she ran him down in a parking lot with her car. Then backed-over his body and ran it over again. You know, just to make sure he was totally dead, and not just a little bit dead. Oh, and when she did it, his teenage daughter was in the car with her while her bat# crazy step mom did donuts on top of her dad in the parking lot.
You don't even have to have a background check to buy a car.

Cars kill waaaaay more people than guns and knives and swords combined. And no telling how many random crazies have taken someone out from behind the wheel that don't make sensational national news. Drive a Mac truck into a crowd of people and you'll do much more damage than a glorified hunting rifle. You can fill a commercial truck with enough explosive to level a city block. Can't do that with a boogey-man AR-15. Just sayin'.

I still love you though, even though you and I both know your first post was LOL.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

About a year ago, there was this insane dentist's wife, the wife = insane, not the dentist, he was just screwing most of his office staff, anyhoo, she ran him down in a parking lot with her car. Then backed-over his body and ran it over again. You know, just to make sure he was totally dead, and not just a little bit dead. Oh, and when she did it, his teenage daughter was in the car with her while her bat# crazy step mom did donuts on top of her dad in the parking lot.

Thanks for sharing that with me lol

Cars kill waaaaay more people than guns and knives and swords combined. And no telling how many random crazies have taken someone out from behind the wheel that don't make sensational national news.

Well, there are waaaaay more cars out there, than most other stuff, so you’d have to do a statistical and proportional analyses, to get too the bottom of it. And remember, accidental car deaths, don’t always classify as murder.

Drive a Mac truck into a crowd of people and you'll do much more damage than a glorified hunting rifle. You can fill a commercial truck with enough explosive to level a city block. Can't do that with a boogey-man AR-15. Just sayin'.

When the Zombie Apocalypse kicks in, where gona need people like you out there… just sayin lol

I still love you though, even though you and I both know your first post was LOL.

Why do people keep saying they “love me” around here… first vethumanbeing, and now you… man, whos gona be next?

- JC

Ps - nice avatar btw…Paradox Brown, would be proud…

edit on 2-2-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

edit on 2-2-2013 by otherpotato because: Responded to wrong post. That was weird.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Where did I say the church "teaches" this? I don't believe the church teaches this. But I do believe the church condoned this, and has helped facilitate this, for a very, very long time. Your data is only a small slice of a bigger history. After all, when people don't have a voice there is nothing to report.

Keep in mind that historically children haven't the right to "report" anything. Because they have had no rights. Some would like to say they still don't. (And you thought gun rights were so important...she said to no one in particular.)

But you're right, I'm sure some pants were sh*t when abused children figured out they could rip the lid off this thing and talk about it and bend the church over the same way they were bent over. Not saying there weren't priests who were genuinely shocked by this. But there's a clear indication of some "status quo" going on. Because they sure did keep a good secret.

Silence and secrecy are a bad combination. Leads to guilt, which leads back to the church. What a perfect formula. No wonder the church has been in business for so long. And with a tax deferred status too.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

More people are killed by blunt force blows, (baseball bats/ tire irons) than were killed by "assault weapons" last year (321). More people were stabbed to death by a margin of 25-1 than were killed by "assault weapons".

Where is the call to ban these items which lead to exponentially more deaths?

Here's a question:

When you purchase a knife, what is its purpose? To kill something? When you purchase a baseball bat, what is its purpose? To kill something? When you purchase a tire iron, what is its purpose? To kill something? When you purchase a rope, what is its purpose? To kill something?

When you purchase a gun and bullets, what is its purpose?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Guns are used for protection from others with guns.

Truer words were never spoken. "We need guns because guns exist." Because we invented them. No wonder the Winchester Mansion lady went insane. Imagine living with that guilt.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Dear stupid girl,

Sorry you feel I was misleading. I will attempt to explain myself. I have gay parishioners who have been told their whole lives that they deserve to die. I hope you understand that. And then, I have the ten commandments. I told them that they did not make the top ten, that is the issue. I do hope it clarifies it. I seem recall that they came for Jesus and Peter cut a man's ear off and Jesus healed it. Jesus did not defend his own self. Please correct me on these points. The first time I responded to you I said you were far from stupid and I still believe that, why do you assume I am stupid? Peace.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Dear NOTurTypical,

Dear brother, in the end our answers are what define us and our answers are given with our lives and our blood more than our words. Peace.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Dear Joecroft,

A pleasure to meet you.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Dear DelayedChristmas,

I understand "free will" means just that and I understand the lovely people that want to know God even if they are gay. You hit it on the head, God loves everyone and I am trying to do that too. Cannot find a place for killing people in loving everyone and forgiving everyone. Peace.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel

Dear aquestion,
Does making you a preacher make you a Christian? Because I really don't think it does. There are many persons who impersonate cops. Does that make them cops?

You suggest that Christians are ok with killing gays and that they are gun crazy. Just because you disagree with that thought that is not bases in reality, you have made assumptions of your own.

Do Christians not have a right to defend themselves against violent aggression? Because to me it sounds like you think that we should all be pacified and just accept whatever comes in our direction.

But to me I don't think you are really a Christian..

Instead I think you are more likely a worthless human being and you also think that of yourself. See because you are not really posting this thread for the betterment of gods children. Instead you have posted a thread meant to divide and conquer.

You are not a Christian. It doesnt matter how many times you say you are.

You are selfish and wish to divide Christians and invoke the gay card, it's just like the race card.

Shame on you.

You are no different than the gay murderer you suggest that Christians are.

You are no better than a spoiled dog.
You are a rabid animal.
How dare you!

Dear txinfidel,

You are so very amusing. You have caught me, I don't preach and am Jewish. Really? I have made it all up; but, the issues don't change. Is it really an assumption to believe that there are those who call themselves christians and are willing to kill others in violation of the ten commandments? Is that all in my head or can we find places on the internet where people claiming to be christians have said that?

According to you, I am not a Christian because I believe it is wrong to kill. How can you claim to be a Christian and ignore the ten commandments. Do you also cheat on your wife? Is that okay too? What is not okay? As it says, clearly, all wisdom begins and ends with you. Tell us what is the Christian thing to do and why.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Um ... hmmmm ....

I don't know where you get that Christians think it's better to kill people than to be gay???
Sorry, but I'm not seeing that at all. And as far as the pedophiles in the Catholic church .. yep .. that was a major problem ...but the protestants and the public schools have the same problem and they are not addressing it. I wish they would ....

Dear FlyersFan,

You don't undestand that there are people who think it is worse to be gay than kill people in the military, you know, with permission? As for the Catholic church, I agree, the Protestants better clean their houses too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join