It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow "christians", why do you think it is better to kill people than be gay?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Firstly, Atheists and anti-Christians, have a great day, I believe in cleaning my own house. The biggest mistake the Catholic church made was in not outing the pedophiles within the church. God fearing Protestants, why we should we do the same? Why should we fail to call out those who wish to violate the ten commandments and Jesus's words?

Lets start with what we all know, the ten commandments. Is homosexuality listed in them? No, it is not. Killing is. And we are told that we should be good slaves and that we are sheep in the bible. If you don't like those things and you are a Christian, then, you are arguing with God. Perhaps you missed the end of the book, the part where it says we become Martyrs. Believe me, many that hate us will love that part coming true. What faith in God do you have if you think killing people to keep your guns is Godly?

Anyone who has read my prior posts knows that I am a Christian and defend the faith. Should I not remind Christians of what the bible says? Should I defend those who claim to be christians when they seek to violate the ten commandments? Homosexuality did not make the top ten; but, killing did. I think "thou shall not steal" even made the top ten. If you are Catholic, they have a scale for sins. God just said sin was anything that fell short of the mark; but, he did give a top ten. Being gay is not listed; but, killing is.

I wish to make it clear, I love shooting and grew up with guns and I am very good with a shotgun or hand pistol. There was a time when I was not a pacifist and I assure you, the last thing you wanted or would see was me with a gun pointed at you. I was trained simply, if you pick up a gun, plan to use it, if you plan to shoot someone, plan to kill them and aim. The last word in the prior sentence is the scary one, it is the truth and the way to win or at least have a real chance. I was trained and won't pick up a gun because I am afraid that training could take over and I don't want to violate the top ten. I know we are forgiven; but, I don't want to test the limits.

Here is a question. Is it okay if I preach to people who have stolen? Yes or no. Now, is it okay if I preach to gays even if I am not? Please show me the hope and love that is inside you. AQuestion.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
In my opinion a sin is a sin to God.
Homosexuals, thieves, murderers.
All will be judged the same.

Preaching is ok in any situation as long as you go about it the right way.
edit on 1-2-2013 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2013 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Dear GmoS719,

And didn't Jesus say, "Let who amongst you is without sin, cast the first stone"? If we are Christians, are we judged by our sin or by our love for God and others?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Isn't the commandment "Thou shalt not murder"? Murder is premeditated killing, whereas killing in self-defense seems to be acceptable.

Exodus 22:2 "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

...as an example.

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

...?

I'm just reciting the verse, don't shoot the messenger.

edit on 1-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Isn't the commandment "Thou shalt not murder"? Murder is premeditated killing, whereas killing in self-defense seems to be acceptable.

Exodus 22:2 "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

...as an example.

Dear AwakeinNM,

Please take a position on the point I was making rather than random comments. Is stealing worse than being gay? Do the top ten outrank the rest?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by GmoS719

Dear GmoS719,

And didn't Jesus say, "Let who amongst you is without sin, cast the first stone"? If we are Christians, are we judged by our sin or by our love for God and others?

We are judged by both our sins and our works.
To love God is to know God and if you truly love God and others the rest will come naturally.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

...as an example.

Dear AwakeinNM,

Please take a position on the point I was making rather than random comments. Is stealing worse than being gay? Do the top ten outrank the rest?

Dear AQuestion,

I just edited my post.

Very uncool playing policeman on your own thread, dude.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Jesus would have welcomed gays and gun owners to his block parties.
He would have favored them especially because they were "sinners".

I don't think I have ever met a real "Christian", I've met "HipoChristians" who act nothing like Jesus or the stories within the Bible. I have met priests, jesuits, & nuns who are true to their vows... the commoner has no clue about faith or following their true beliefs to the letter.

You probably won't get any honest or intelligent responses from Christians in here.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
To say whether one sin is worse than another would be irrelevant.
All sin no matter what it is separates us from God.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Dear GmoS719,

And your comment about guns does not exist yet. Tell us what you think about what I said.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

...as an example.

Dear AwakeinNM,

Dear AQuestion,

I just edited my post.

Very uncool playing policeman on your own thread, dude.

Dear AwakeinNM,

Again, is stealing worse than being gay, pick.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm a Christian and I believe that as long as you're basically a moral person then all of you're choices are between you and God as long as you're not hurting others .

edit on 1-2-2013 by thudpuddy because: changed a letter

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

reply to post by GmoS719

Dear GmoS719,

And your comment about guns does not exist yet. Tell us what you think about what I said.

I didn't mention guns.

Be specific?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
In my humble opinion, many Christians make a difficult situation worse by exhibiting a double standard. I am personally what would likely be described as deeply religious, which to me means Christian. However, I am well aware that there are a lot of people who assert the descriptor “religious” to mean Muslim, Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, etc. Also, there seems to be more than a thread of truth to the opinion that whatever your belief, wearing a denominational badge on your back can be more harmful than beneficial.

I teach my kids to live an example, encourage others they encounter and care about when the opportunity presents itself, but be aware of the line in the sand that runs them away. I respect anyone’s decision to not accept Christianity. Again, as one myself I would be ecstatic if everyone in the world agreed with me, but that is not the real world. Anyone can say no to Jesus, to God, Mohammed, Buddha, and in fact everyone does say no to all the others that aren’t included in their personal zeitgeist. An atheist is entitled to his/her personal decision, and though I would love to somehow get them to believe as I do, I do not want to be guilty of creating the immovable mindset by trying to force the issue.

On point, of course sin is sin and I do not have the will or the authority to judge. Kill people or be gay? I can’t see a level comparison but I will not participate in either. I should also say I have some very good friends who are gay. I may not agree with the lifestyle, but I can guarantee there are things in my life they don’t care about. Killing is a completely different discussion, but it has been pointed out that even that is prevalent in the Bible. The op made a valid observation by mentioning a major distinction by the inclusion of one and the exclusion of another in the commandments. Still, I was taught that sin is sin, and I would have no reliable reference point from which to assign degrees to the multitude of culturally and/or biblically accepted wrongdoing.

Then there is also the problem as described recently in the media where a “pastor” stiffed his waiter or waitress and condescendingly wrote something to the effect that if he gave God 10%, then why give a waiter 18%?

Here is where the double standard rears its ugly head at the highest level. Prejudice is NOT Christianity, and arrogance and bullying has no real standing in the way I understand the bible. You can bet its in there, but as warning, not instruction. My life is an excellent example of do what I say, not what I do and I have made almost all the mistakes out there to make. So I choose to accept the good with the bad, try not to judge, allow differing opinions when I want to judge, and hopefully others will see why I believe in God so wholeheartedly by how much He does for me.

I am tempted to write a book here, so I would like to leave it with one more point. Ever see someone in a restaurant making a display of saying grace before a meal, and later hearing words coming from their mouths that sailors would have to look up, or they become belligerent with their server, or some other unflattering behavior? How can this NOT prejudice others against his belief? Is it not the same with other things such as racism? If I am causation, black, or any other background and heritage, you can bet there are plenty of people out there claiming to represent my interests who absolutely do not. The most realistic result when these people begin their rampages is more, not less division.

Hopefully I have made some sense. I am very tired from a very exhausting several weeks, but I did want to say that to me, God has provided. If you disagree, that is your decision, but my family has experienced a great many positive and surprising things during this difficult time, and I just don’t think I or we could have done it without His guidance and help. I wanted to share, that’s all, and of course let the op know there are a lot of us out here who agree.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
As far as I know there are two sins that are regarded as unpardonable. One of which is the mark of the beast during the reign of Antichrist and the other is to blaspheme the holy spirit.(But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin." Mark 3:29)

Other than that any "ranking" or other categorization of sins is irrelevant and is only done by people in an attempt to offer one another comfort in that they usually choose to rank sins they haven't committed higher than ones that they have. It's so pointless.

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. Romans 3:23-25

Nothing apart from your decision regarding Christ can affect your salvation.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

But the Pharisees, when they heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, gathered themselves together. One of them, a lawyer, asked him a question, testing him. "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law?"
Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. A second likewise is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments."

Matthew 22:34-40

I guess Christians don't realize that gay people are your neighbors, and they are to be loved as yourself? That's the second highest order of though past loving God.

Pretty simple if you ask me..

This gay guy served me food from a drive through last night. Made my food all gay..
just kidding.. He was nice and I was thankful for the good food.

If you have hate in your heart you are doing it all wrong.
"All you need is Love, Love.. Love is all you need."
~Beatles
edit on 2/1/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

as a muslim your Christian friends always ask me and condemns Islam because it regards homosexuality wrong and they always say that gays are executed according to Sharia law. media and even UN reports show executed murderers and rapers as some gays that are executed in Iran ! and when I say this is not true no one would believe !! they are UN reports at all !!!
but stoning is in Bible and Gospels not Quran ! you know it well that stoning is a law of Judaism and Christianity and Islam recognizes it as well. and you know it well that it has a very hard condition that someone gets fined with that. so that it is really rare. and mostly you can find that in media than in the real world. this is also true about execution for homosexuality.
they are rare because no one does an adultery or homosexual intercourse in the streets, in public, among people so that people go to court and complain !!!!!!

of course murder is the biggest sin. I think this is common among monotheistic religions. if you want the view of true Islam you can see these verses and judge:

"And do not approach fornication. Indeed, it is ever an immorality and is evil as a way. --Koran 17:32"

"And [mention] Lot(Gomorah and sodom), when he said to his people, "Do you commit immorality while you are seeing?
Do you indeed approach men with desire instead of women? Rather, you are a people behaving ignorantly. --Koran 27:55"

"But whoever kills a believer intentionally - his recompense is Hell, wherein he will abide eternally, and Allah has become angry with him and has cursed him and has prepared for him a great punishment. --Koran 4:93 "

"Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors. --Koran 5:32"

edit on 1-2-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

as a muslim your Christian friends always ask me and condemns Islam because it regards homosexuality wrong and they always say that gays are executed according to Sharia law. media and even UN reports show executed murderers and rapers as some gays that are executed in Iran ! and when I say this is not true no one would believe !! they are UN reports at all !!!
but stoning is in Bible and Gospels not Quran ! you know it well that stoning is a law of Judaism and Christianity and Islam recognizes it as well. and you know it well that it has a very hard condition that someone gets fined with that. so that it is really rare. and mostly you can find that in media than in the real world. this is also true about execution for homosexuality.
they are rare because no one does an adultery or homosexual intercourse in the streets, in public, among people so that people go to court and complain !!!!!!

of course murder is the biggest sin. I think this is common among monotheistic religions. if you want the view of true Islam you can see these verses and judge:

"And do not approach fornication. Indeed, it is ever an immorality and is evil as a way. --Koran 17:32"

"And [mention] Lot(Gomorah and sodom), when he said to his people, "Do you commit immorality while you are seeing?
Do you indeed approach men with desire instead of women? Rather, you are a people behaving ignorantly. --Koran 27:55"

"But whoever kills a believer intentionally - his recompense is Hell, wherein he will abide eternally, and Allah has become angry with him and has cursed him and has prepared for him a great punishment. --Koran 4:93 "

"Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors. --Koran 5:32"

Your last two quotes from the Koran say it's only wrong to kill believers.
It's ok to kill anyone who isn't a muslim. Psh.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Here is a question. Is it okay if I preach to people who have stolen? Yes or no.

yes

Now, is it okay if I preach to gays even if I am not?

yes

And I fail to see your point in the rest of your OP. What in the hell does owning a gun have to do with being gay? Or the 10 Commandments? Have you read the Bible? The whole she-bang, cover-to-cover? And the Apocrypha? And the extra-canonical literature-- Enoch, Jasher, Jubiliees? And the writings of the early, first and second century Disciples of the Apostles-- Irenaeus, The Diadache, Polycarp, Hippolytus?

You see, I have found it utterly pointless to debate any Biblical issue with someone shaking their fist at the sky who hasn't even made a concerted effort to actually read what they are complaining about. As my fellow Christian, surely you understand that frustration?

The commandment not to "kill" is just that. Do not be a murderer and kill indiscriminately. Obviously God condoned self-defense and battle combat. God is not ignorant and surely has the capacity to understood mankind's tendency towards conflict. The fact is, throughout history men have and will try to harm &/or dominate other men. It is what it is, and until the end of this creation, it will continue. Although we are a new creation in Christ, the world, unfortunately, remains the same.

If someone were to bust into my home and threaten my life and the lives of my children and I blew them in half with my shotgun, I feel no remorse nor do I see any sin in my choice to protect myself and those whom I love. Owning a gun is not a sin. Owning a sword is not a sin. The death of another human being as a result of that gun or sword being used is not a sin unless the person wielding those weapons simply sought unjustified, malicious and willful murderous intent. Think, man.

Someone's sexual orientation is none of my business. I am the judge of no man. Someone's sexual orientation is not the government's business. The government should certainly be no judge of what men choose to do with their own bodies behind closed doors. However, the Bible is clear on its view of homosexuality. If someone claims Christianity, then they must necessarily follow the tenets of the Christian faith. All of them. Anything less and they are simply following their own religion which they have based on Christianity, which only serves as a stumbling block for those truly seeking Christ.

Although the tenets of the Christian faith do not condone homosexual activity, to my knowledge, neither do they require believers to judge others. And although believers are to walk in compassion and understanding, they are also to distance themselves from activities that go against the tenets of their faith. This is one of the many reasons the Christian faith is such an intimately personal walk, and as such, is also one of the many life-situations that require discernment to be sought from God. We are to continually seek this discernment, as this is foundational to becoming more truly reflective of Christ.
Thus, the first two commandments, which were the two Jesus Himself told us were the most important, cover a multitude of actions as they relate to putting God and His ways before our own.

I, personally, find your OP misleading and sensationalist, at best, and see no real point or conclusion made or achieved.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
From the Catholic perspective, being a homosexual is not a sin, but having sexual relations outside of marriage, or to satiate lust, rather than to create life, is a sin, just as it is for heterosexuals.

Homosexual desires, however, are not in themselves sinful. People are subject to a wide variety of sinful desires over which they have little direct control, but these do not become sinful until a person acts upon them, either by acting out the desire or by encouraging the desire and deliberately engaging in fantasies about acting it out. People tempted by homosexual desires, like people tempted by improper heterosexual desires, are not sinning until they act upon those desires in some manner. (Source)

Thus, the church encourages celibacy for homosexuals (just as it does for unmarried heterosexuals) and recognizes that sin is what it is, and will be forgiven for the person who asks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join