It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal debt forgiveness and the imminent global debt jubilee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In a fantasy world, it might work....might...

As far as "work is not natural"...life IS work. Whether you are toiling to work crops or herd and feed your livestock...gathering fruits, fishing or hunting...life takes effort. Fishing and hunting might sound fun until your life depends on it. A day or two of no fish or game and it won't feel all that fun anymore.

Forgiving and eliminating debt won't work.

I take that back. Even if you did forgive everyone's debt and reset everyone to zero...debt would still happen. Do you have enough cash to buy a home? For most people, it would take many-many years to save the money to outright buy a home...or even a car. If you "need" these things right now, you will go into debt for them...a promise to pay.

What about municipal and public works that people need? A bridge or sewage system. The town or gov agency doesn't have the cash in it's pocket for these things. It promises to pay in the future for these things based on expectations of the future's revenue collections...this is called deficit spending and it IS debt.

There is never going to be a time without debt for some or most of the people. We have evolved the entire world to live in the here and now. Most people do not want to hunt and gather their food so they work. Workers count on their employers to pay them. Employers count on people to buy the products their workers made. The employers have to pay for the products made this week...this week...yet those products might not sell to next week or the week after. So...they get a loan in anticipation of the future sale of the products they made this week. That loan that pays the workers and allows them to buy things is debt. We are all bound by it and to it.

I don't have to like it to realize that this is how the world works...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Someone should remove that avatar unless I can have naked girls in mine.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think what is possible, is to have the government buy all the debt and refinance it at lower rates. They would buy the debt with freshly minted, non debt based dollars (mostly book entry by computer, so most wouldn't actually be printed)). Going forward the government would issue new money rather than borrow it into circulation. So not only would they now be making money on the interest payments from Americans, they would also not be spending money on debt payments and the associated interest. Would do wonders for our deficit spending and would also help lower a whole host of other costs to the government (welfare, prisons, drug war, IRS, etc.)

But what about the inflation? Well, when the Treasury buys all the debt, the banks will be left with nothing but deposits in their hands. Their borrowing base and all the leverage they generate because of that will have been destroyed. It would be the perfect opportunity to do away with fractional reserve banking. Let the banks lend their deposits and nothing more. Between the government just issuing money and the banks losing their ability to create leverage it should work out pretty equal and inflation would not be a large factor.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is a rant about the greed that permeates the American political landscape. In fact the very core of who we are as a nation and a people.

Until we re-regulate our glorious corporate overlords, our condition -the Human Condition- in this country and on this planet remains in the hands of a select group of sociopathic plutocrats that care nothing of their nation and only about their personal fortunes.

Self appointed Masters of the Universe who don't seem to realize that their gene pool has been diminished and dulled by decades of greed, avarice and a sense of entitlement.

All born on 3rd base, swearing they hit a triple.

We Were RIght. They will devour themselves.

My only hope is that the rest of us survive the feast

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
reply to post by cornucopia

You could try to not go into debt in the first place. It's worked so far for me.

Try telling that to the future generations who haven't been born yet but are made to try and pay off this impossible debt when they come into this world.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
reply to post by cornucopia

You could try to not go into debt in the first place. It's worked so far for me.

Try telling that to the future generations who haven't been born yet but are made to try and pay off this impossible debt when they come into this world.

Or all the good people the banks f*cked over when the housing market collapsed.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

If you eliminate 55% of all debt, every debt, smallest to largest, nothing changes hands, and the system is magically liquid and resumes its "lending" binge.

That right there tells me everything I ever needed to know about the economic "system" we use to measure wealth and productivity.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm beginning to think many of the posters here are not fully aware of the Papal Bull decrees basically which claim all of us as property of the system and set up the entire slave system (which then in turn came from the Babylonian systems) and the very long term plans of the 'Power Brokers' of this world which then take their orders from...well... Let me just say not of this plane of 3d reality.

True debt forgiveness is the true release of your bonds from this system. That requires disclosure of the truth and of many truths beyond that for the people to truly understand.

It is true, the job of freeing and forgiving is Done as far as the required first step. The power structure and the grid that ran it is gone but the shell of it is still present and running on the inertia of being around for thousands of years.

My best suggestion is to research OPPT, what has been done and learn all you can about the reset that occurred.
edit on 2-2-2013 by fourthmeal because: missed a word

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
I'm beginning to think many of the posters here are not fully aware of the Papal Bull decrees basically which claim all of us as property of the system and set up the entire slave system (which then in turn came from the Babylonian systems) and the very long term plans of the 'Power Brokers' of this world which then take their orders from...well... Let me just say not of this plane of 3d reality.

True debt forgiveness is the true release of your bonds from this system. That requires disclosure of the truth and of many truths beyond that for the people to truly understand.

It is true, the job of freeing and forgiving is Done as far as the required first step. The power structure and the grid that ran it is gone but the shell of it is still present and running on the inertia of being around for thousands of years.

My best suggestion is to research OPPT, what has been done and learn all you can about the reset that occurred.
edit on 2-2-2013 by fourthmeal because: missed a word

yes, this is huge...

the money system set up on this planet is what keeps Humans as slaves.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob
Totally.

Debt can never be forgiven because it creates a moral hazard. People can afford to be irresponsible with money because they know that they will be bailed out (just look at the too big to fails).

People should not be allowed to borrow money in the first place (this includes our governments) or usury needs to be outlawed. Fixing the fundamental problems with the monetary system is more useful than forgiving the debt as this is just addressing a symptom of the problem without providing a real solution.

Money should be created as credit and people should NEVER be allowed to borrow money. If people want to do a large project then they need to save for it. The same goes for government projects. The project can only go ahead AFTER they have collected enough revenue to do it.
edit on 31-1-2013 by ConspiracyNutjob because: (no reason given)

In order for your remedy to work, you'd have to eliminate the Federal Reserve.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by USN1983

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob
Totally.

Debt can never be forgiven because it creates a moral hazard. People can afford to be irresponsible with money because they know that they will be bailed out (just look at the too big to fails).

People should not be allowed to borrow money in the first place (this includes our governments) or usury needs to be outlawed. Fixing the fundamental problems with the monetary system is more useful than forgiving the debt as this is just addressing a symptom of the problem without providing a real solution.

Money should be created as credit and people should NEVER be allowed to borrow money. If people want to do a large project then they need to save for it. The same goes for government projects. The project can only go ahead AFTER they have collected enough revenue to do it.
edit on 31-1-2013 by ConspiracyNutjob because: (no reason given)

In order for your remedy to work, you'd have to eliminate the Federal Reserve.

yes, that would have to be a part of it...

big changes in the works

imagine it is so

top topics

<< 1   >>

join