It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving and Taking. The Secret to Life and Answer to our Nation's Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Altruism or Objectivism? Which do you value more? In our world, Objectivism is the rule of the day. Grab all you can get, then watch it trickle down. According to Ayn Rand and the ideology of the past, this was the way to prosperity. But, has this ideology produced prosperity or death, suffering and war?

In my humble opinion, an economy of Altruism would disallow debt. A simple example is this: If I throw trash in your yard, this is a -1 as an analogy. If you beat me up, there are now -2. You cannot fix a negative with anything but a positive. Now, you can multiply two negatives and get a positive. Why is this? Because if I pay your debt, I walk you back from a negative, but it cost me a negative as well. This is giving. Let's use the same example. I thrown trash in your yard. You then pick it up and throw it away. One positive against my negative cancels the negative. This cost you the effort. Gifts must be earned.

This gets us to the will of God. God is not a thief. He cannot take without giving it back again. Remember, you must be born again. God's will is to give and receive. The thief takes. Selfishness is taking and is the very reason we are 16 trillion in debt in this country. We did not earn what we took. This is why debt is created and spread to everyone like a disease. It is a disease that has only one answer.

Another version of this. If you smoke, you get cancer. This is because you took a reward and suffered the debt. On the other hand, if you work out in the gym instead, you gain health. This is because suffering first ends in reward. The same principle applies. Gifts must first be earned. They can then be given away. Nothing worth having is worth anything unless it is given away. The true value is what we offer to the larger community we occupy.

In our world today, self-gratifying behavior is destroying lives. Opposite this, there are many in this world that suffer good choices, work hard at jobs and love their families enough to spend drug, alcohol and cigarette money on their kids instead. Who suffers when rewards are taken in place of gifts given? With smoking, the entire family suffers. With suffering a job and giving all the money to the family, the entire family benefits. By denying gratifying behavior, what is saved is used for what is needed rather than what is wanted and desired.

This law of returns cannot be escaped. We are seeing our world die due to our own selfishness.

In the Bible, selfishness is the mark of the beast for many reasons. Namely, it can be seen in this verse.

2 Timothy 3

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

-----Notice how many markers there are of selfishness. 18. That's 6+6+6. He says, "MARK THIS!"

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

Notice the descriptions of this type of person. Compare to what I said about smoking or working out. One is Altruism and the other is Objectivism.

In an economy of Altruism, people would work hard for what they give to others. Today, we work hard to give to ourselves, thereby causing a debt twice. One by the reward we take and one by the debt to our loved ones.

Going back to the mark of 666. Carbon has 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons. Is Carbon a mark of our technology? Is it the mark of the Petrol Dollar Ponzi scheme? Can a nation buy or sell carbon if it does not possess the mark of the dollar?

Revelation 13

16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e-or of mankind] That number is 666.

Can we connect this to the beginning of the story of Genesis?

Genesis 3

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

We reached out for KNOWLEDGE. What is the fruit that grows from knowledge? TECHNOLOGY. What is the primary resource used to transmute raw materials into our technology? CARBON.

What does any of this have to do with giving or taking? Altruism earns what is given, then gives it away. What was Jesus message to mankind? What was his warning? "...you must not touch it, or you will die."

Is our world about to die? Can we sustain the growth of technology combined with our selfishness? Sadly, it will end. Here's how.

Matthew 24

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

The Day of the Lord (1000 years) is the last day of mankind. We are at the event horizon. The change will bring suffering from our debt, but once paid, the land will be renewed. You must be born again.

edit on 31-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Another version of this. If you smoke, you get cancer. This is because you took a reward and suffered the debt. On the other hand, if you work out in the gym instead, you gain health. This is because suffering first ends in reward. The same principle applies. Gifts must first be earned. They can then be given away. Nothing worth having is worth anything unless it is given away. The true value is what we offer to the larger community we occupy.

This is the best thing I have read since a long time.Very knowledgeable lines.

Thanks.
snf

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Point # 1. I don't think "objectivism" means what you think it means.

Point # 2. If nothing is worth having until it is given away, then nothing is worth having until it is not had. Which completely destroys your entire argument because everyone will want what they don't have as it is more valuable than what they do have.

Your arguments are about as effective as "God"s omnipotence. That is to say, not at all.
edit on 1-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

TURN OR BURN BABY!!!!

top topics

join