It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter Refuses to Board Airplane With Black Pilot [satire/parody]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Frankly, to be honest, my first note wasn't a nice one about Anne either...although heavily couched with 'IF as presented' and a strong comment about how this doesn't make sense, even to her combative personality.

I've come to accept OP's do the work to verify and back check their stories entirely too much. I don't mean anything bad on this OP or any other. Lots of reasons people don't perform due diligence...but it's sure a reminder we all need to start double checking pretty much everything.

(Recall the BBC story about the panic evacuation of Isfahan, Iran....even the big boys can blow it big time on occasion)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

so because shes out spoken and you dont like her politics , shes now a racist?

Awesome jump........

and they say conservatives are the biggots

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Frankly, to be honest, my first note wasn't a nice one about Anne either...although heavily couched with 'IF as presented' and a strong comment about how this doesn't make sense, even to her combative personality.

I've come to accept OP's do the work to verify and back check their stories entirely too much. I don't mean anything bad on this OP or any other. Lots of reasons people don't perform due diligence...but it's sure a reminder we all need to start double checking pretty much everything.

(Recall the BBC story about the panic evacuation of Isfahan, Iran....even the big boys can blow it big time on occasion)

I dont agree with everything Ann has to say either, infact a lot of the time i find that the way she presents herself turns me off completely to what she says.......

but neither do i believe she is a racist...........and I wouldnt automatically pin that on her, like so many are willing to do just because they dont agree with her.....

its the typical tactic.........

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

so because shes out spoken and you dont like her politics , shes now a racist?

Awesome jump........

and they say conservatives are the biggots

You made a bit of a jump yourself, didn't you? I said nothing about her politics, or being outspoken. Neither did I say she was racist. I said I wouldn't have put it past her to do something like this. Her, and many others in the mainstream. Whatever makes waves, divides people, and sells news is what they're all about.
edit on 1/31/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Actually yeah - pretty amazing how many fell for it. Even more amazing how many people are still falling for it even though its been pointed out as satire several times.

You'd think the rest of the "headlines" on the site would be enough to let people know..

"Santorum to Cameo on HBO’s ‘Girls’"

"Facebook Begins Charging to Delete Photos"

"Cameron Mulling Plan to Mark E.U. Citizens With Stars"

"Manti Te’o Loses Life Savings In Hawaiian Bridge Scheme"

"Lance Armstrong Tells Oprah He’s Gay"

"Obama Names Woman as Chief Receptionist"

This one is the best.. "Lindsey Graham Says Hagel ‘Just A Big Tease’"

I guess what Paul Simon said is true. "All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..."

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yes...SNOPES debunked it here..www.snopes.com...

But knowing the attention ...ahem.."monger"... Ann is, she will likely say something controversial in response just to keep it the press going.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Isn't all news satire anyways? What a load of nonsense.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I thought this parody of Ann Coulter on the Boondocks was pretty dam funny

edit on 1-2-2013 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

yes ..........youre right you said

I said I wouldn't have put it past her to do something like this

and anyone that would say what this piece CLAIMED she said, would be a racist......

You can try and veil it all you want, you can try to step around it or try to word around it.........

But it IS what it is..............this plausible deniability crap on the part of people who try to use word magic to circle what they are really trying to say gets tiring.........especially when its so damn transparent
edit on 1-2-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You can use all the rationalization, and pop psychology you want to tell me you know what I meant better than I do, and you will still be wrong. Except in your own mind of course. Unless you have reading comprehension problems, my second post tells you exactly what I meant by what I said.

You sir, are looking to be offended. If you would broaden the narrow scope of your perspective, and remove the blinders, you could see what's in front of you, and you wouldn't need to pretend you can read minds, or motive.

Nevertheless, believe as you wish. But as long as you live life looking to be offended, and justifying it, you will keep on missing everything that doesn't fit your narrow minded world view of other people.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

IM looking to be offended?

Im not offended one bit..............not even by your continuing personal insults (really doesnt help your case by the way)

In fact im amused at the people who immediately bought into this............

You know who should be offended? Ann Coulter because people like you would assume that she would do some racist crap like this..........

I find it amusing that you say I have a narrow view, yet you speculate that she would do something like this, even tho it is completely untrue.......and then denigrate anyone who thinks your veiled accusation of racism is off base..

The hypocrisy of some people knows no bounds......

Dance all you want buddy, Im not buying your show
Have a fantastic weekend!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

My personal insults? You are the one who came at me with a condescending and insulting attitude, pretending to know my thoughts, and why I said what I did. Then when I explained my reasoning, you ignored it and continued building a straw man. You are only fooling yourself by thinking you have the high ground here. This doesn't have to be a pissing match, Mask. We've both been around here long enough to know better than this.

This is senseless. If you're going to take me to task for what I say, and what I believe, at least know what you are speaking to first. The only thing I'm "guilty" of is believing that Ann Coulter is no different than any other paid propaganda actor out there in the mainstream media. Nothing any of them do surprises me anymore.
As I said in my second post:

Whatever makes waves, divides people, and sells news is what they're all about.

If it takes a bit of perceived racism to get a rise out of people, and create more division and polarization(just like this exchange between us), it doesn't bother them to do it. Because it works. But in this case, it wasn't true, and I was one of the first to point this out.

I think Ann is what ever she needs to be at any given moment within her persona. And I think if a little perceived racism suited her ends, it wouldn't bother her to play that card, and back off of it later.

Have an excellent weekend yourself, Mask.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join