It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing! Want To See Your DNA? It's Easy, See How!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

/sarcasm/
How dare you try to bring a little interest and exploration beyond doom and gloom to ATS. Who cares that its a cool simple DIY way too see clumps of DNA wrapped in protein. Your intolerable culture and lack of top notch scientific equipment and reagents is appalling. Until you've purchased a centrifuge, proper lab grade reagents and an electron microscope to truly show us pure DNA at the molecular level you should refrain from such sharing of your pathetic science projects. /end sarcasm/

The problem with arguing on the Internet is that it is like competing in the special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded. I have several scientists who are close friends. A physicist, a two biologist. They are the biggest idiots on the planet and argue non-stop with each other. They each think their field holds all answers and no other perspective could possibly be valid as documented by Goober, Smith, and Einstein et al.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Excellent you have an overgrowth of Candida Albicans....although it might be a myth claimed by some.

themedicalsanctuary.com.au...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Um what you see is Candida lol... Yeast.

Yeah you have DNA in there but no you can't see it.

The strands you see are Candida.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Leaderofthesheeple

The method you've posted is just saliva and water, this is not that, no water is used, please read again as it's all explained, not just by me but by people who work within the scientific field and who are better informed than me on the subject.

Although thanks for the information it was interesting.

JrDavis - The same applies, please read the thread as it's explained why DNA can be seen. If you wish not to believe it after reading then fine I can live with that, I'm not here to keep defending a scientific fact.

Why are people so quick to jump on other peoples back when they haven't read what's actually been said... and when the only intention of the OP was to share something fun to do in these times of gloom on ATS?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Your right, take this previous comment for example -

Originally posted by RandyBragg

I have an easier method.
1. Spit on your hand
2.Look there is DNA in there!

You can swish some food coloring in your mouth if you want different colors.

I think it shows up the mindset of some people though, I'm sure they must be different away from the keyboard, well I hope for their sake, the ignorance and attitude of this quote is amazing, and people star this kind of comment.

edit on 2-2-2013 by II HAL II because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yea thats his DNA of course, I mean it's his saliva we're looking at which contains his DNA.

But really all I believe we're seeing is a technique to get ones saliva to lump up into a sort of spiral/strand shape. That's not an actual DNA Helix we're seeing, or even millions of them clumped together. It's just saliva in a somewhat sprial/strand shape. No different from spit in a cup no?

Pretty cool either way.

btw, if you told a British child to "go wash up" before bed/dinner" would they start doing the dishes?

Seriously though I find these subtle cultural language differences between England and the U.S. quite interesting. Heck you can find more dramatic ones just by travelling from NYC to the Deep South here in the U.S.I also find those interesting as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordAdef

Great thread OP!

Please dear americans, I'm brazilian and know what "washing-up liquid" is...

Just let it go, the topic is far more interesting.
edit on 1-2-2013 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

ITA. I suspect the Americans on this thread are being deliberately obtuse. If you've never heard of "washing-up liquid" can't you infer what it is? Seriously guys, play along with me and pretend you were being silly. Because the alternative is simply embarrassing.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiverRunsFree
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Lol, by the way the green stuff is washing-up liquid.

The saliva is not visible really, it's mostly vodka and washing-up liquid.... promise

One question - what is "washing-up liquid" never figured that part out.

Edit: I'm Canadian, and I didn't know. Does it mean just hand soap?

Help me out here..

edit on 2-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
So I will be sharing this with my son today, he needs to come up with a good science fair projects, does anyone have an idea of what could be written on the method part?

Introduction
Hypothesis
Testing
Observation
Analysis
Conclusion

Any and all links r help with this will be appreciated. Also is it possible to use regular household alcohol rather than liquor?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

OH NOES! Video in the OP not available! Is there another link?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

There you go

It's not same vid but idea's the same

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Funny, many of the 'extract your own" DNA videos seem to be disappearing including the link you just shared???

Here is what I saw when I went to your link:

Sorry 'daarrr zhp4 ' does not exist or is not available.

We did search Youtube this morning and saw a few on there, but I really enjoyed the OPs video, it was simple, direct and fun to watch.

Anyway, he is doing a good job compiling info on this for his Science Fair entry. (Better than playing video games all day)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Strange it worked this morning

Sorry if I wasted your time but glad lil ones having a good time researching

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

How's that ?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

hahaha, it is

Simple Home Candida Test Here is a home Candida yeast test, one you can do in the morning. We do not know the source of this home Candida test but it's been around a long time and is thought to be quite reliable in the evaluation of Candida symptoms:Up to 85% of Americans May Have Candida - DO YOU?Try this Fast and FREE Candida Saliva Test!When you awake in the morning, before you put anything into your mouth, work up some saliva and spit it into a clear glass of water. Within 1-30 minutes, look in the glass. If there are strings coming down from your saliva, or if the water turned cloudy, or if your saliva sank to the bottom, YOU MAY HAVE A CANDIDA CONCERN! Healthy saliva will simply float on the top!(You may want to put out a glass of water in the bathroom or on the nightstand the night before you wish to do the home Candida Saliva test, just to remind yourself not to brush your teeth prior to spitting into the glass.)Why does this work? Candida overgrowth begins in the colon. Over time, as the fungal yeast multiplies it begins to migrate through the digestive tract, moving up into the small intestine, then the stomach (bloating, indigestion), up the esophagus and into the mouth. If it becomes strongly entrenched there you can see a white film on your tongue and inside your cheeks. Once it has moved up to the mouth and you spit into a glass of water the yeast will sink because it is heavier than water. If there is no yeast it will float on top.

Candida

edit on 10-2-2013 by Mosthated718bx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Have not checked out the link of the Youtube video above this post, but wanted to say he found that video showing some science teacher doing the same experiment with a strawberry, which I thought was really cool and so tonight I bought a huge box of strawberries, and if he chooses not to do this one, he will have plenty of delicious berries to eat. I am so sleepy, so off to bed for now and will come back tomorrow and view the video.

Thank you. I will let you know what he decides.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyBatty

Actually and honestly when I read "washing up liquid" I assumed it was liquid body wash. We don't call doing the dishes washing up. If you tell me to go wash up I would assume you thought I needed a shower.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join