It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Mine: SyFy ..They found some ghosts at Crescent Mine near Sumpter, Oregon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The miners call the ghosts - Tommyknockers -.
SyFy - Ghost Mine

They caught one on audio. He doesn't mind that the paranormal investigator has
red hair. The ghost already warned the miners about a cave in.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I think that its strange they dont set up a camera shot of the whole house from the outside.

My guess would be its because youd see guys opening doors and leaving thermal prints on the thin uninsulated wood walks.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I watched their clip of "Joe".

Just editing. No ghost as always.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Panned for gold out there on the Powder river once, beautiful country. The Eagle Cap wilderness is full of abandoned mines and mini ghost towns. Love that area.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

The last episode caught a residual haunting on a stairway in a nearby lodge.
Also a ghost kept turning the TV on upstairs.
The guests calmed down when they investigators explained that the ghosts are
just people without a body.

That's is not always the case. On occasion they run into a demon.
They catch them with digital cameras.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
Panned for gold out there on the Powder river once, beautiful country. The Eagle Cap wilderness is full of abandoned mines and mini ghost towns. Love that area.

Google Gold Mines for sale. There are a few for sale in that area.
BTW, i found the Crescent Mine under Crescent Mountain.

There is gold in them thar mountains!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
after countless seasons of dozens of different ghost hunter shows,

this is the best evidence ?

who watches this cripe

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at

who watches this cripe

More evidence will appear in future episodes.
So far , the ghosts do not appear to be malevolent.
Now i know what a Tommyknocker is.

They need to set up a laser grid.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have to sheepishly admit to loving this new show.

The last episode (episode three) really gave me the chills - the first time I've felt that way about ghost hunting tv show! I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on what they caught on the thermal camera. What does white indicate - is that very cold or very hot? Do thermal camera's sometimes have glitches or errors where images like that appear? The EVP they caught when they asked if that was "Joe" was also a very chilling and clear "yeeessss."

Eek!

I love that they are spending a lot of time on one location (or area). That is one thing that bugs me about most ghost hunting shows. They spend one or two nights in a place and are expected to come up with compelling evidence? No wonder so many are led to faking evidence to keep their shows on the air. Paranormal doesn't happen on cue like that.

The third episode of ghost mine mentioned they had already been at the mine for 30 days at this point. To me, this feels like a much more real and natural amount of evidence to collected at a very haunted place in this amount of time. I feel the people - the miners and the two-person ghost hunting team - are very geniune. Sure, many scenes look very "staged" for the purposes of reality television, and I am certain editing liberties are taken in terms of keeping a good timeline and story going -- but I don't feel anything has been outright faked thus far.

I can't wait to see what they come up with. The evidence in the third episode really shocked me.

By the way, does anyone think the female investigator looks just like Kate Moss when she is shot in night vision? LOL! She's gorgeous! I think she is the only reason my husband is willing to watch the show with me.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Her name is Kristen Luman.
They shot the shows about 6 miles north of Sumpter, Oregon.
The mine was formerly the Buckeye Mine.
The owner changed the name to the Crescent Mine when he bought it.
There are other mines for sale nearby.
I found it on Google Earth. It's in eastern Oregon.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Right - Kristen. I'm terrible with names. Anyway, I really like her and I'm glad she's on the show. She keeps her cool much better than I would in these crazy situations!

Do you recall the first episode when they had the laser grid set-up? The big piece of alleged evidence from that episode was when an apparent black shape crossed the grid. That's always bugged me though (er, no pun intended) because I wondered if it could have been a small insect walking across the projector. Anyone familiar with these grids know if that is possible? Or are there even any insects inside a mine??

In any case, I'm hooked. I hope this team gets a chance to do another season of shows at another location.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

No, lasers do not shoot through ghosts.
They have mass. Ghosts are just people without a body.
They should return to heaven. Compared to heaven, Earth is a prison.
Heaven is wonderful.

The Ghost Hunters get new gadgets every year.
They already caught one on audio during a playback session.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at

who watches this cripe

They found the Mother Lode! Gold Fever!
It was in an abandoned gold mine left by the Free Masons around 1895.

Follow the granite rocks!
BTW, it's also haunted.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
At first I thought, what the heck? Ghost mine?

But it has turned out to be a fun show to follow.

Finally episode next week, I believe.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes, the FLIR Thermal Cam is worth its weight in Gold!
The final episode is next week.
They found $$$ millions worth of gold in the abandoned gold mine.

They just need to convince the ghosts to leave the mountain and go somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I enjoy those other gold mining shows, and find it interesting to see how they do it in an actual mine. Plus the redhead is cute.

At least they are spending some time on one site, unlike most investigative teams who go on location for one night only then leave. There has been some interesting "evidence" so far, especially in last night's show. On the thermal cam, there was a thermal blur that rushed past the redhead woman. Then, at the spot the little girl saw a shadow person, the thermal cam picked up something showing as pure white peeking out from behind a tree. It was very interesting, and I just don't know how you'd fake that kind of heat signature.

But the best part of last night's episode was when they uncovered a buried mason mine. A local resident told them of some marker stones the masons left, and in the middle of those three stones was a buried mine shaft. They dug it up and found a really sweet gold bearing quartz vein. It's got me thinking of similar drilled rocks I've seen in my hometown.

Although I do hate watching EVP sessions, but luckily I DVR the episodes and can fast forward those parts.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

It appears they have a few Free Mason ghosts to deal with and also 1 Elemental /
shadow person which can be repelled with positive energy.

Don't run. Knowledge is power. Stand your ground.

The Free Mason ghosts are prisoners. Leave the Earth and go home to heaven.
Heaven is paradise. Why stay on Earth and haunt an old mine?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have yet to watch this show as it seems like just a production to me when I watch the commercial. When you folks watch it, what does you're gut tell you? Also, is there any information out there about the shows production team and how many camera/technical personell they have around during taping?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Armadall

To me the researchers are too stuck within the modern ghost hunting paradigm. To say for certain it's a ghost is just sheer stupidity since nobody really knows what a ghost is. I personally with wish they'd just approach it as something unknown. Their reliance on traditional ghost hunting methods is pretty stale as well. The laser grids they use are pretty cool, not sure if it's actually useful, but hey, it's freaking lasers!

I do think there's something going on there, and some of the stuff they capture is interesting. I'd say if you're capable of fast forwarding through the crap, it's worth a watch.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
reply to post by Armadall

To me the researchers are too stuck within the modern ghost hunting paradigm. To say for certain it's a ghost is just sheer stupidity since nobody really knows what a ghost is. I personally with wish they'd just approach it as something unknown. Their reliance on traditional ghost hunting methods is pretty stale as well. The laser grids they use are pretty cool, not sure if it's actually useful, but hey, it's freaking lasers!

I do think there's something going on there, and some of the stuff they capture is interesting. I'd say if you're capable of fast forwarding through the crap, it's worth a watch.

I think they have more than 1 ghost to deal with.
The EVPs have established an intelligent haunting instead of a residual haunting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join