It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at Price Middle School - Atlanta

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Me and my daughter are fine, but everyone isn't as fortunate as we are. I get your point though. They're all animals and should be treated as such.

Good that you and yours are fine, but I did not mean that they are all animals.
The shooter surely is and hopefully will be the problem of the legal system from here.
If you go to the newspage the OP cited, you see some of the pictures of the concerned parents.
A pretty good sampler there of what we are dealing with.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
as posted in another thread that was closed.........

Who wants to bet......... 1. Another gun free zone in an area where its harder then hell to get a concealed carry, or impossible.... 2. Guns were acquired illegally or stolen from someone(yes i know thats criminal too)....

... Challenge issued: What part of stricter gun controls (especially "assault weapons" ban ) would have prevented the criminal who did this from committing the crime that was most likely done with a sidearm...........Ready go....

I do hope that this isnt gang violence taken out into the school, but honestly, who wouldnt be surprised? its the second incident in a month that would have been like that........

Gogo i didnt get to address you in the other thread, but yes I agree with you, tho i dont know all the details myself.....

It IS sad that since it could be just another instance of thug activity people dont seem to care.....

But honestly , I dunno how people could be outraged by that either......people are weary of the thug mentality and stupidity of killing each other over drugs and domination of parts of a neighborhood....

If they want to thin themselves and that behavior out of society by shooting eachother, honestly thats their own fault........

Altho any violent death is a tragedy........if you choose to conduct yourself in a lifestyle where you will mercilessly kill people, and you end up getting killed in return?

You just saved the taxpayers and courts a lot of money to shelve you away for years, until you can comback and continue your crimes......

That being said.....my condolences are with the families of the victims and any innocent people involved.......
edit on 31-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

This is in a nutshell what I pointed out in my deleted post.
This is not a gun issue, it is a thug issue.
There is a reason why world star hip hop is so popular.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

This is in a nutshell what I pointed out in my deleted post.
This is not a gun issue, it is a thug issue.
There is a reason why world star hip hop is so popular.

I agree, and im not sure why the mods deleted that post..........the fact that this looks like it could be exactly as you described, lends credence to what you have said.....

If this is the case , I hope the mods take notice before jumping into the "off topic" post warning .......

If people can make assumptions on other cases, (since this is a conspiracy site) by looking at patterns, then cases like this should not be immune to the same discussion.........

However I do admit it could also be just another kid who stole his parents gun and shot a bully, who knows........

It will come out in the wash.......or hopefully will come out in the wash

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by poloblack

Me and my daughter are fine, but everyone isn't as fortunate as we are. I get your point though. They're all animals and should be treated as such.

Good that you and yours are fine, but I did not mean that they are all animals.
The shooter surely is and hopefully will be the problem of the legal system from here.
If you go to the newspage the OP cited, you see some of the pictures of the concerned parents.
A pretty good sampler there of what we are dealing with.
I definitely agree about the shooter, but we're dealing with alot more than this sampler, much more.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

So if this is about "thug culture"
then you likely think Newtown was about mental health...question...when is it ever about guns?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by g146541

So if this is about "thug culture"
then you likely think Newtown was about mental health...question...when is it ever about guns?

What a silly question!
People were being murdered by thugs way before guns were ever invented.
It is just the old world thugs wore silk and the new world wear NFL gear.
This is not about guns, it is about thugs.
This time however a gun was used, next time it may be a knife, or a curb, or fists.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This was posted in the other thread about this shooting that was re-directed here by the member "homeslice" and I think it is important enough to repost here.

In basically any other country any shooting at a school would be massive shocking news.
Just another day in America though.

How dare the news report it.

That is exactly what I think, and it is why I am disgusted by these pro-gun people wanting to supress news of school shootings because it hurts their cause of guns being a good thing.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Shootings are no more about guns, than rape is about sex....Which, according to the "experts", is just about control, and power.

I could continue to slam the deceased equine, but we all know "guns" don't kill people, for crying out loud.
What this is about is the, why, of it. The how, the where, and the hysteria-provoking reports, have much less to do with the problem, than the "why"!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

There's a good case to be made that reporting spectacle-type crimes creates copy cats.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

All one on one violence is about impulse control and no weapon plays into that more than the over-glamorized detached-from-actual-contact gun.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The 14 year old is confirmed dead with a gunshot to the head. Sad news from atlanta.

I dont care what peoples opinions are. The media over does it, and families are ruined because of sick people. Take a moment and send a kind thought to Atlanta today.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

All one on one violence is about impulse control and no weapon plays into that more than the over-glamorized detached-from-actual-contact gun.

I'm going to go out on a limb, and say that you have never shot another living thing.

This notion, that guns are chosen to be the impersonal, easily utilized, instrument of death, is absolutely absurd.

If they are so capable of allowing one to kill without any emotional attachment, then why are so many combat soldiers, dealing with the aftermath of their actions?

It's not the "impulse" that must be controlled. As it's the emotion of anger, that blocks all ability to rationalize and reason, which festers into the rage that prompts a violent action.

And controlling emotion, to prevent an irrational or unreasonable action, applies to EVERY facet of life, and not just potentially lethal ones...

edit on 1/31/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: changed text

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
The 14 year old is confirmed dead with a gunshot to the head. Sad news from atlanta.

Local news is adamently reporting the 14 year old is alert and talking.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

And this is why we have the Sandy Hook conspiracies. Shep on Foxnews is adamantly reporting she is dead. I hope you are right and Fox is wrong again.

Holy crap. I apologize. Im moving to Ft Lauderdale, so Ive been out and about shipping things and my news was on pause. I pressed play and heard it and forgot im about an hour behind. So my info could be utter crap.

Again my apologies
edit on 31-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You are right, I'm not a killer but I have fired a gun many times.

But that assertion of yours would make an interesting thread.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Another aspect of this story is the absolute chaos and bizarre handling of this shooting by APD and the Atlanta Public School System.

Right now they are carting all the kids off in standing room only buses to a church down the street.

It's chaos.

Earlier today an official with the school came out and hollered at a large group of parents that the kids were all okay and then ran back inside. Just bizarre.
edit on 1/31/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Odd indeed, I imagine for the folks who went to pick up their kids just might be suffering from a panic attack until they can hold their kids and see proof that they are indeed fine.

Maybe it was decided to handle the situation this way just for that reason.
I don't know if I would be ok with them carting the kids off to another "gun free zone" though.

Anyway, hours later and no signs of death which is a good thing, hopefully the kid will be fine.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Another day, another shooting.

It seems the injured are going to likely be alright, thankfully.

This is way past surreal. What in the world is going on?

The local channels have helicopter, wall to wall coverage right now. Does that just inspire the next shooter?

Would putting restrictions on the news coverage of shootings help to stop it? Does the attention help or hurt?

edit on 1/31/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

They are actively promoting shootings! It's like all the freaks who when asked when they finally decided to grab a kid say while watching Nancy Grace. I imagine they are keeping their fingers crossed for anouther Sandy Hook. That would drive gun control home!
edit on 31-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The story is getting more and more hilarious, as the Media, is figuring out that it's not the "tragedy they were hoping for"!

This from one of the updates...found here...

Police said the shooting took place shortly before 2 p.m. when a student fired several rounds in the courtyard of Price Middle School

In the courtyard, the story exclaims...

WXIA, citing school district and fire department officials, reported that he was shot in back of the neck. The wound was not considered life threatening. The teacher suffered cuts and bruises during the panic of the incident, police said.

What was the type of gun used? An air rifle? I would think that getting shot in the "back of the neck", near your spinal column, would be life threatening. But, "officials" say that it is not...OK...

The teacher suffered "cuts and bruises during the panic", it goes on to say...I guess that is a nice way of saying they tripped over everything in sight, while trying to get out of Dodge....lol

Then this one, from the same story...

Atlanta Public Schools Superintendent Erroll Davis said the school has metal detectors and officials were still trying to determine how the gun got on campus[.]

What? Are the metal detectors on the sidewalk? If it occured in the "courtyard" then the gun never made it into the building. Are they that dense?

Good stuff. And, to all of the gun-grabbers, I'm sorry that more kids weren't shot or even killed, so that you could have enjoyed the story, better.....Geez...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join