It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to prove creationism FAKE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Okay, I want to look at this from the creationist point of view. The Earth was created 6,000 years ago. On the sixth day of creation, Adam and Eve were brought into existence. From these two individuals we have all of mankind. So, exactly which race were Adam and Eve?

When we look at the world today, how many different races do we have that are visibly and genetically different? There are Caucasian, African, Middle Eastern, Indian, Asian, Polynesian, Native American and many others. If everyone is descended from two individuals, how do we have such a wide diversity of people? Since evolution or 'change over time' does not exist, were there more than one set of Adam and Eve, one for each race?

Just explain how this is not change over time happening within our own species.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

Have you tried scattering a hundred people across the globe and making them all turn out the same over a thousand years?

I'm not defending creationism. I'm just saying that's a weak point to bring up.
edit on 31-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I can prove its fake in 100 ways but I will give you 3 that should be all you need.

Read the bible, you will see it makes no sense

Their are religions and building much older then the bible claims we were created

and last but not least Dinosaurs

Oh and here is one more for good measure.. The bible was written by men.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingTheWorld
Okay, I want to look at this from the creationist point of view. The Earth was created 6,000 years ago. On the sixth day of creation, Adam and Eve were brought into existence. From these two individuals we have all of mankind. So, exactly which race were Adam and Eve?

When we look at the world today, how many different races do we have that are visibly and genetically different? There are Caucasian, African, Middle Eastern, Indian, Asian, Polynesian, Native American and many others. If everyone is descended from two individuals, how do we have such a wide diversity of people? Since evolution or 'change over time' does not exist, were there more than one set of Adam and Eve, one for each race?

Just explain how this is not change over time happening within our own species.

Are you're assuming that all people who believe in God and the fact that God had a strong hand in developing the Human Race (and all other species/animal races, for that matter) also believe that the World is only 6,000 years old and also believe in the story of Adam and Eve as a literal tale?

If so, you are not very familiar with what you are talking about. Or, more so, whom you are talking about. I'm sure some radical fundamentalists believe all of that verbatim, but a vast majority do not.

I'm not saying I know exactly how the world, the universe, and the human race was created. But I do not believe in 'evolution' in the sense that everything evolved from a single cell emerging from the ocean over billions of years. Nor do I believe that the World was created 6,000 years ago and Adam and Eve popped out of thin air.

There is much more to it than your argument. It's not as simple and generalized as you imagine.

Cheers.

EDIT

For the record, God IS nature. God IS science. God IS energy. God IS vibration. God IS constant change as well as constant perfection. God IS within us. God IS love.
edit on 31-1-2013 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

But that is what evolution is. Putting an organism in a particular environment where small changes take place over time that result in differences from the originating organism. Humans are living proof of this.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

How to prove Creationism is fake?

Simple,

Put a Hindu, a Jew, a Christian and a Muslim in a room.... and get yourself a large popcorn. Oh yeah to increase the flavor of the retarded discussion, add different sects of said religion.

It will be a wonderfully spend evening!

TLDR version: when you say the words "my religion is the one and only truth" you already lose.
edit on 1/31/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Yes, this argument is more for the fundamentalists. However we still see genetic traits change over time.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

All within a tortoise's dream...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Adam and Eve were brought into existence. From these two individuals we have all of mankind.

This is debatable.

Cain killed Abel, then asked to be marked so that he would not be killed by all the others. He also married. That is in the bible as well.

Where did all of these folks come from that Cain was referring to?

That book has been butchered to death since its inception (intentionally of otherwise) but appears to be an account that follows a particular bloodline.

Hey, there is a funny word - bloodline. Type that sucker into Google and see what crops up.

Slayer wrote a good thread a while back - could not creationism and evolution be two sides of the same coin?

Divide and conquer, type that into google along with "bloodline" - it's fun stuff.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by luciddream

All within a tortoise's dream...

ahhhhh! you remembered!

I will start a new religion.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Creating life sure aint easy.

If we were able to creeate life i bet the once who does it, would be labeled as very intelligent and very skilled. Dont you?
And i bet a price would be lurking.

If it dosent take any intelligence and skills to create life. What are we missing?

Are we just missing out on chance? Since life just appeared by chance.

Or is it that we are just not intelligent enough yet?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Okay, I want to look at this from the creationist point of view. The Earth was created 6,000 years ago.

Actually its impossible to prove creationism wrong, because creationists cant even agree among themselves on the basic fundamentals of what it is.

The "6000 years old" thing you mention is just one good example.
Not supported by a rather large number of creationists, any number of which can be found who say the universe is exactly what scientists say it is.

The same goes for any aspect of creationism you care to mention.

At least scientists agree on the basics and just argue over the tiny details.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Adam and eve were human race.
edit on 31-1-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Have you tried scattering a hundred people across the globe and making them all turn out the same over a thousand years?

It's not a weak point because you're basically saying that by scattering people across the planet, they're evolving to their surroundings.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

No, they were of the human species. But which race in the human species?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

It's not a weak point because you're basically saying that by scattering people across the planet, they're evolving to their surroundings.

Every person with the necessary intelligence and skills for living can recognize the likelihood that creation and evolution go hand in hand. Why are they always promoted as opposites? What's with all the misinformation? Why does confusion always seem to be the one motivating aim in any debate concerning the two? Why do we have to suffer the continuous BS?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

As long as creationism tries to pervert science, there will always be arguments. Science is an institution that creationism completely ignores the hundreds of years of processes in it's attempt to claim it's a science.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

In my opinion those other labels were created to keep humans divided.

Being proud to be an american, irish, african, jewish, etc... is not really helping everyone come together and unite.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Divide and conquer. We've fallen for that trick so many times, it's pitiful. Really lends credence to the Egyptian belief that time is circular. It happens again...and again...and again...and again...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

In my opinion those other labels were created to keep humans divided.

Being proud to be an american, irish, african, jewish, etc... is not really helping everyone come together and unite.

Aye, especially so when you consider that America is a compilation of those and many other races.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join