It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GTA V Release Date Announced!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Finally, Rockstar announced the release date.

It will be on sale on September 17 2013

www.rockstargames.com...

Can't wait for it!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

I broke my ps3 hardrive playing gta 4. Probably a good thing cause i have my life back.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Can't wait.

My only dilemma is if I want to buy it for the PS3. I've only played console in my "gaming career" or do I get it for my PC that I've been building and will finish up in the next couple of months.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

PC gamers have to wait much longer. Rockstar didn't even announce the PC Version.
I'll stick to my PS3.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Oh, guess that answers that for me. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Although I'm a diehard PC gamer, GTA is always better on a console and is gauranteed to run smoothly. I have played a couple of the GTAs on my PC and not only did I have problems with the graphics settings, the experience was just so much better on a console.

I bought a PS3 a couple of years ago and have barely used it. I thought about selling it but GTAV has given me a reason to keep it.

First person shooters and RTS on the other hand, PC forever!

edit on 31-1-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This game is gonna be epic!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I agree on that. I had both the PS2 and PC Version from GTA SA. Though the graphics were better on PC it was easier to play on the PS2. At some point I bought an USB-adapter for the PS2-controller, but the gameplay still wasn't the same because the analogue controls weren't supported. In SA the X-button was the throttle and if you pushed it only a little you could really cruise around at lower speeds in stead of only having full throttle or nothing.

However, the PS2 controller connected to my PC gave me a lot of advantage playing MTA online.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

www.rockstargames.com...

Can't wait for it!!!

Seems like a freakin' eternity! Thanks for the heads up, though.

Oh, and for all of you Max Payne 3 players out there, don't forget that the "crews" you set up in that game will carry over to GTA5.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You guys should check out games like Just Cause 2, in my opinion, its a better version of GTA.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Just watched some footage of it on Youtube. Looks nice, but nothing like GTA...
It's the mix of shooting, driving, humor and parody on society what makes GTA one of a kind.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

What pissed me off about GTA is that, not enough variation, you will see the same car on the road again in about 10 sec.

I hate the lack of innovativness with producers like Call of Duty and GTA. They think because people will have to buy their game(due to famous) that they don't need to invest in upgrading engines and software.

Overall, i respect all gamers, its their choice of game play that makes them happy. I just get pissed off seeing developers getting easy cash.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I partially agree on that. It's indeed a bit boring seeing too much the same cars driving around in the area you are roaming. But despite that, the variety of vehicles is huge.
Some things didn't improve over the years, other things did, like the crash and damage engines. They also improved the story line and I love the many funny characters like Packy and Roman.
GTA IV was more or less a trial for Rockstar for the next generation consoles. Judging on the footage and screenshots I've seen, things will be better.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It was advertised here as a spring release
Now i have to start counting down the days. Once this is released i will officially become a hermitt living in a pile of my own filth.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Probably the same here.

Rockstar claims the map is larger than GTA SA, Read Dead Redemption and GTA IV combined and no need to unlock the areas like in the previous GTA's.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

www.rockstargames.com...

Can't wait for it!!!

Your missing out the DELAY part, it was supposed to be spring (march April may) but has been delayed until September.

I have been waiting for over a year already.

Because of this delay, the PC version may be ready with the console versions.
Don't hold me to that though.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Indeed Rockstar did announce in the last trailer that it would be released this spring, but didn't give a specific date.
I'm used to the fact that GTA always has some delays, just like San Andreas. That doesn't spoil the fun for me.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Indeed Rockstar did announce in the last trailer that it would be released this spring, but didn't give a specific date.

There are plenty of news sources besides a trailer. The release date had already been announced as March 26 for awhile. The title should've read:

"GTA V Delay Date Announced!!!".

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I've been following the news about GTA V and I haven't seen that announcement. I can't believe I've overlooked that info. Do you have a source/link for that announcement?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join