It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There a Way to Detect Satanic Cults?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I was taking a walk at night near a track not to far from my house for exercise and one night i was up there i saw about five people in long black robes and hoods not hoodies over there face and when they saw me they took off running and near the same track i saw some type of writing that looked voodoo in nature but like metalholic said they were probably wanna be's or had some other type of agenda either that or they did a real bad job at disguising what they were, who knows for sure....

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Satanists is mentally sick people and they need to deal with the doctor. Although lyuaya sect is primarily the effect on people with weak minded.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I personally believe it would be very, very hard to detect a Satanist Cult. I have always wondered where the modern idea of Satan being somehow bringing about evil. Freedom of choice yes but not evil. I always learned that Satan or Lucifer was Gods most loved Angel and it was only after Gods conversations with Lucifer where Lucifer begged God to give them free will. The Christian God of Abraham could have ended Lucifer`s rule in a heartbeat but i believe that the books i read with the bible the same texts the priests read unfolds more of a story putting Lucifer down not for his work but for his ego and pride. I myself was brought up a Christian and spent many many years getting over it. The Bible has always been intended to be read as a great comforter for the masses blinding them to the filth and poverty they lived in and pacifying them with the promise of heaven. I myself see Lucifer as one of Gods most powerful allies but for the sake of will and freedom of choice he created a duality. Wow as a non Christian i can go on but true satanism is about the will we have in us all but it is always spoken as will under control has to follow the light many people i knew in satanism spoke of this light and they were all against war slavery no harm can come to any man or animal hence they were all veggies and vegans and rather sweet and kind.

signed
Terrestial

edit on 3-2-2013 by Terrestial because: forgot to sign my name

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlowThruSpace

Just turn on your television set and you'll see all the cults you desire...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
The muffled sounds of Slayer behind closed doors... Dead give away.

Agreed! If you hear the opening riff to Seasons in the Abyss..bad things are happening...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlowThruSpace

well it kind of hard to tell because there are differnet types of satanism, each has different ways of operating but as general rule as far as I understand most of them wont do any sort of abuse for their rituals

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
The muffled sounds of Slayer behind closed doors... Dead give away.

in my house its not that muffled

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by FlowThruSpace
The concept of Satanic ritual abuse is a daunting one, but it's also general and rarely addresses our immediate environment. If you had experience with Satanic cults, would you say there is a way of identifying Satanic cult members? It is said they operate on a day-night principle, where they are totally different people when donning their daily persona. If you do have experience with such cults in whatever capacity this experience may be, do you find them to be 100% opportunistic, or is there a metaphysical component (black magic, etc.) involved as well? Finally, the scale of Satanic ritual abuse varies from source to source: some say the phenomenon is a historical relic, others claim Satanic ritual abuse is alive and well. The only question is: how widespread is it?

Are you trying to determine if someone is a Satanist? Otherwise look at the Catholic churches for ritual abuse or a dozen other churches. I murders and crimes are committed under the guise of many religions, perhaps satanists do more but I doubt it.

would say pound for pound they punch well above their weight- billion odd Catholics, tiny number of attention seekers who indulge in satanism

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's all metaphor. Has anyone ever read the Corpus Hermeticum? I wasn't raised within the church but joined one in my twenties and left due to the inane hypocrisy and the wild things they would do after whipping themselves into a lather.
Please don't misunderstand me, there is great truth within the bible, just not the religion that takes it literally. I've been interested in alchemy fir some time and I'm telling you the parallels between the bible and the Corpus Hermeticum are far beyond coincedence.
As far as satanism, all things proceed from the one mind. If that is how you perceive reality, so shall it manifest itself to you. I agree with many posts here, no one but the clinically insane worship evil and wish destruction. That kind of thinking is counter to the basics of how humans think through evolutionary traits and spiritual reality. Lucifarians do not worship thinking and hoping for I'll intent towards mankind, perhaps control, but generally for the good of the all. Their religion is simply how they received their portion of the mystery schools. Even true paganism is probably an encoded form of the original mystery schools. I tell you Christianity, and Judaism are an encoded interpretation of the ancient mystery schools. Which I found quite humorous considering the Christian interpretation and warnings about the study and practice of the ancient mystery schools.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: HermesTrismagistus

Personally, I find 2nd century Gnosticism to be too muddy for my liking. Have you read my preference, Thrice-Greatest Hermes, a huge tome by Plutarch?

Plutarch was a contemporary of Jesus, if he existed, and was a master historian, philosopher, writer and librarian. No one explains the "Christian" mysteries better than Plutarch does in his 5 part essay Isis and Osiris, in my opinion.

By the way, welcome to ATS. Good luck carrying that user name! LOL. You should head over to the Avatar Creation thread to get a kick ass avatar to match that user name! www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlowThruSpace

In the ancient days, there were many different rituals that involved death and abuse, ritual killings and ritual torture, all associated with religious beliefs. It was commonplace, and it is difficult to find a religion that does not have darker underpinnings. They committed these acts to combat what they believed to be "evil" and were blind to see that their own acts were immoral. Not to mention the countless number of wars and persecution in the name of religion, that still occurs today.

There are many whom still hold these beliefs, however, as society evolves, we are leaving them behind.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Their eyes are 'shifty'!

Dead give-away!

Å99

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It is a daunting subject, because the term "Satanism" has been separated from necessarily meaning evil or malicious in the past few decades, especially in Western thought.

I think most people now know that self-styled Satanists aren't the bogeymen of horror movies (even if sometimes not the most pleasant of people).
We have the Church of Satan who are essentially atheists and meritocrats, who believe their rituals are psychodrama.
In line with them there are similar movements who are a satire of religion, or an anti-religion, and only religious fundamentalists who still think Wicca is "Satan's little white lie" will still think they are truly evil behind the scenes.
Then there are also theistic Satanists and Lucifarians, who may love their "misunderstood" renditions of the scriptural dark lords, perhaps also from other traditions.
Hardly evil, and this scene is even more likely to include vegans with liberal values by my experience than the pagans or Church of Satan.

Then we have Satanic-Panic, which has created a mythology or urban legend that some rebellious youngsters try to emulate.
This can lead to a kind of pseudo-Satanism, where everything from Christian books purporting to be on Satanism are used to invent rituals.
This can be harmless, but can also end in crimes.
Satanic-panic has also been used to discuss the fraudulent Christian books that helped to create a hysteria around Satanism in the 1980s and early 1990s, and which sociologists now see as a cultural hysteria.
Some dodgy mental health experts were also involved in spreading the hysteria, which saw families split apart and had similarities to medieval witch-hunts.
All the evidence-based court cases eventually led to nothing of substance, although their protracted nature often meant that innocent people were vilified and incarcerated, and children were removed from their parents.

I'd say that black magic goes on.
In South Africa we have cases of muti murders, usually associated with a small minority of traditional African "witchdoctors" who use human body parts.
However, although there have been cases of using body parts of children, there's no direct link to ritual abuse.
I'm sure they also have some white customers, and others who believe in it.

I think the OP has created a criteria though where we can call sects and cults highly evil, malevolent and sadistic when they abuse children.

The evidence here points mainly at mainstream religions and groups within them however.
It's hard to find this in the teachings very often, and even harder to delineate it as a "ritual abuse" rather than the tendency of religious organizations to cover-up and silence their internal scandals (which makes them very attractive to sociopaths and pedophiles), because they are hell-bent in proving that they have a lucrative formula for morality.
But yeah, following the Cult News Network there's hardly any group or religion that presents itself as good to the world, where the child abuse scandals don't keep coming on a weekly basis.

OK, nasty people worm themselves into good organizations, and the practices regarding sexuality in some organizations are also often so restrictive and unnatural that some normal and borderline people might crack and go crazy.
In that sense there may be abuse from pedophiles, and/or people who actually might come to practice it as a taught or ritualized sexual outlet.

I'd like to think though that any organization that is truly moral will actually make a concerted effort to wipe out such practices where they do occur, and that devotees will turn from corrupt gurus, elders, priests, preachers, rabbis and imams.
Sadly this is rarely the case, and usually it is the whistle-blowers who are ex-communicated.
That makes one wonder whether there isn't an inner sanctum in some religions that deliberately and intergenerationally believes that sexual abuse serves some mind-control purpose.

edit on 9-10-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Shouldn't be that hard.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

A star.... not for the post,but for the wheel of time reference in your name Mr. D Reborn

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Idk. I quit reading strange books a while ago. Once, I found an excellent book called, iirc, "rosecrucianism rights and mysteries," or something along those lines, on calemeo. I have since looked for that book but it never has the same content twice it seems.

Anyway, the user had another book she was sharing (I think it was a she) that dealt with the ONA. I don't remember where I read what, if it was her blog or book or some kind of combination, but I recall a lot of things about a Filipino gang and the ONA.

Long story short, those guys claim to be the real deal. They would call it "culling." What was interesting was how they chose the victim though. It was selective. One method comes to mind and I paraphrase here:

"One way of selecting someone for a cull, is to have an accomplice, like a girl, act like she is being accosted by you while a potential target walks by at night. If he does nothing and keeps walking he can be selected for further challenges...."

Or something like that...
Strange stuff those people are into

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is highly, highly worth the 2 hour and 30 minute watch.

Ex-Satanic Priest

Leave your pre-judgement at the door and just listen to what he has to say. It will change your mind about Satanism being so harmless and real Satanists being good people. People are led to believe it's just another religion-philosophy hybrid on purpose.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
So let me get this straight....we are now advocating taking away the religious freedoms of satanists in this country because we dont like them?

Abuses are one thing-but they happen within all religions. Christianity is rampant with it. So why single out satanism?

Witch hunts were supposed to have ended a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricGreen

Ex-Satanic Priest

Leave your pre-judgement at the door and just listen to what he has to say. It will change your mind about Satanism being so harmless and real Satanists being good people. People are led to believe it's just another religion-philosophy hybrid on purpose.
I know multiple satanists, and they are all very kind hearted people. And even if they are all world class A**holes-thats not illegal.

Again, what you all are advocated is religious persecution, and it is a VERY slippery slope.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: ElectricGreen

Ex-Satanic Priest

I know multiple satanists, and they are all very kind hearted people. And even if they are all world class A**holes-thats not illegal.

Again, what you all are advocated is religious persecution, and it is a VERY slippery slope.

Oh I'm sorry, did you happen to use a time warp machine and watch the 2 hour and 30 minute video in the span of a few minutes? Watch the material before replying to my post because your assertions are dealt with head on. This isn't a witch hunt and that's just an ignorant logical fallacy that's easy to use. Excuse the man for praising God every 10 seconds (I'm being serious) because that can get annoying but he has relevant information.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join