It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible UFO Filmed By Commercial Pilot above Costa Rica skies on 23 January 2013

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I agree with you. I see the shadow under it as well. The only thing I couldn't figure out was" the sun reflecting" off of it. my view almost made it look as if it was blowing a pinkish sandstorm around it. I didn't even think about the sun reflecting off of it. my brain needs sled, so it is a bit slow today. I think it is a great video, my only issue with it is, he said "he looked out the window and could not see it" I don't understand how he couldn't see it and the camera could. Also, I don't know awhile lot about Sun flare but is it possible for a Sun flare to move at a higher rate of speed than the plane? OK, thanks for sharing, I enjoyed watching it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

This is not a lens flare mate; it is a real deal UFO although if that is manmade-UFO or ET.UFO is subject to debate but whatever it is it was, was not lens flare.

In you “investigative frame by frame images” you forgot to point the real position of the (sun ray) that might cause of the flare, check it back and you’ll know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
"The Incredible" is... your post...

In which kind of "Lens Flares World" do you live?

The same world where you're wrong the vast majority of the time?

I don't always agree with elevenaugust, but at least the person's opinion is written in such a way I can disagree with it on a technical level if I take the time and that's what I want to do.

You would do well to encourage posters like that to keep contributing, because otherwise we're all going to be living in one-liner swamp-gas-
-
-Chinese-lantern hell in these threads. Unless this is what you want?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Originally posted by smurfy
That's not lens flare, the 'object' is itself either, reflecting the sun, or superheating the air, which then reflects the sun.
There's no point in calling out the UK uploader, it's secondhand to them, as was the Chinese fake.
edit on 31-1-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

Are you talking about when this effect appears?

That's lens flare.

Yup that is flare, now do you see anything like this on the video.?

Sun ray or lens flares cannot create solid object whereas the object in question “looks solid”, it just needs further investigation.

Why are you guys always trying to “EXPLAIN” something that you clearly have “NO IDEA” about.?

SMH

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Internal reflection moving as the camera does.

Similar effect to the one in the infamous "Concorde vs. UFO" video.
edit on 31-1-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
That is absolutely a lens flare .. it moves across the screen exactly as the sun does

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by amkia

Sun ray or lens flares cannot create solid object whereas the object in question “looks solid”, it just needs further investigation.

Why are you guys always trying to “EXPLAIN” something that you clearly have “NO IDEA” about.?

SMH

Really? =) That photo shows the sun RIGHT in front of the camera, to get this kind of effect it has to be up at the top of the frame which causes internal reflections, I've seen this a ton .. but I also work for a company that does a lot of video work.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If that's a lens flare it's moving in the wrong way. A flare would take an external curve, not an internal one.

That's a physical object, sorry to all the "must be something else" types.

Lens flares, reflections, etc don't create shadows or reflect light.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglimogli
If the pilot filmed this ..as a human .. seeing something like this .. the camera/recorder could move at least a bit ..if not anything then in excitement ..

This was too steady .. into the hoax bin ...

I hope the pilot isn't that excitable, he is flying a commercial airliner. So he jerks the plane over and fumbles with the camera as the passengers are flying out of their seats
Come on now, it's lucky he doesn't get fired for even filming this thing, he is supposed to be watching the sky.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Internal reflection of the optics caused by a bright source.. yes they can look like solid objects.

Example 1:

Example 2:

Famous Example 3:

Example 4:

Example 5:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
If that's a lens flare it's moving in the wrong way. A flare would take an external curve, not an internal one.

That's a physical object, sorry to all the "must be something else" types.

Lens flares, reflections, etc don't create shadows or reflect light.

Learn a bit about optics

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

"When he looked out of the aircraft there was nothing"

He was also visibly shaken, shocked and surprised, at having been informed as to what exactly a "lens Flare" is.

The UFO community wonders if he'll ever recover from the trauma. Let's hope he does just that.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Yes, I do, Between :13 and :17. That's why I asked smurfy if that's what this was about

the 'object' is itself either, reflecting the sun, or superheating the air, which then reflects the sun.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I understand what you're trying to say ... but it's not like you have a wealth of research here. Lens artifacts often make little blown out orbs which look solid. Depends a lot on the lens too.

Some people enjoy investigating things.

In this instance though, even if a person uneqivocally makes a mathematical model simulating a lens flare its not going to mean much since it's just a white thinigie either way, but it's fun to investigate for some people. /shrugs

Why rain on the parade?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Thank you.

Now try to put it into the head of those (semi debunkers) in this post. The object moves in all “wrong” direction as I said way earlier in this thread.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by ecoparity

Thank you.

Now try to put it into the head of those (semi debunkers) in this post. The object moves in all “wrong” direction as I said way earlier in this thread.

Your saying it doesn't make it so.

Seems some here are not interested in having their beliefs challenged with conventional explanations.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Yeah been there done that....

Study the provided video with open mind (laughing at leans flare) ideas. What are you pointing at is “static images” of reflected “lights” which is correct.

30 years of nature photography experiences tells me something else in this video.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by miniatus

Yeah been there done that....

Study the provided video with open mind (laughing at leans flare) ideas. What are you pointing at is “static images” of reflected “lights” which is correct.

30 years of nature photography experiences tells me something else in this video.

30 years of driving experience doesn't qualify someone as an auto mechanic.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hello,

Can someone just briefly explain to me the principle that contorts a shadow around the lens flair?

Like from an optical point of view, if I have a lens flare artifact on camera, and I know what that is, how do I explain a shadow that is molded to the exact pattern of the lens flare?, what is the physics behind that?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This footage taken over the Coto 47 airport in Costa Rica on January 23, 2013.
This is a more complete video showing pilot Jose Daniel Araya who recorded
the sighting interviewed by channel 7 Costa Rica.

Coto 47 is the airport, does this fact suggest something? Maybe yes maybe not,
hard to tell but raises some questions, could it be another airplane or maybe a
private jet, pilot Jose Daniel Araya said it doesn't looks like an airplane to him
then the case is controversial.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join