It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible UFO Filmed By Commercial Pilot above Costa Rica skies on 23 January 2013

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Excellent post! I was hoping you would show up with your pictures worth thousands of words. The graphics demonstrate this so much clearer than words alone can.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
That is not a lens flare, it is a high speed craft of some kind. Our military has super fast ships, so do some other countries. It could even be a private individuals or organizations creation. We have some very rich organizations in this world that could employ scientists that could create this technology, it doesn't have to be military. ET....it is hard to know whether these craft need to be ET. Like I said, there are some super intelligent, well backed organizations in the private sector that have a lot more out of the box thinking and practices than most of us have. If you cannot comprehend this possibility than why are you here?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987
Not a lense flare
The object seems to be moving very smoothly at the same speed and direction, which it wouldn't do if it was a lenseflare since both the plane and the man holding the camera are in motion. A lens flare would usually accelerate the further it gets from the lightsource in the picture, but that doesn't seem to be the case in the video.
Also, as someone else pointed out, there is a clear shadow cast from the object onto the ground. (Watch in full screen).

Doesn't look like CGI
It doesn't resemble any of the CGI videos I've seen before. Those are usually way more detailed, because whomever made them usually wants to show off their skills. Could be a hoax like the videos from Jerusalem that surfaced 1-2 years back. But don't see why a commercial pilot would get involved with that?

I am tempted to say that it is a smaller aircraft, perhaps one of those infamous drones. The plane looks like it is about to land, or atleast very close to earth, so I could imagine it is somewhere near an airport.
However, it does seem unlikely for any type of aircraft to fly so low, at such speed, since the turbolens would be very bad. So if it is man made I vote some kind of drone or another type of remote controlled machine.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

I was going post but you've said it all for me, thx mate

As of this moment imo, the footage is good and it is UFO but that doesn't mean it's remarkable, could be a drone or small plane. The sun reflection off the object is interesting but still doesn't add anything as to what it might be.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Completely consistent with a lens flare. How could there be a shadow when the sun is that low and behind the object. At that apparent height, the shadow of an object would be way, way back behind the camera, nowhere near inside the frame of the footage.
edit on 31-1-2013 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I agree it's not a lens flare. I have seen 7 UFO's since my first sighting in 2008 and that one to me looks a bit more credible than a lens flare. I have seen similar objects.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

I agree it's not a lens flare.

On what basis? The evidence says it is a lens flare. What part of this post do you disagree with or not understand?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Not a lens flare. Maybe a fast bird. Does appear to be wings flapping at one point.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
look at the logo at the bottom left corner (ADG) as soon as i saw that i lost hope. the alien disclosure group (ADG UK)

They are known hoaxers, these are the same people behind the recent alien landing in china video and the apparent CCTV footage of the landed UFO in Texas

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
Not a lens flare. Maybe a fast bird. Does appear to be wings flapping at one point.

Agreed

Having watched it several times at a slower speed I don't believe it is lens flare and I too get the impression of wings flapping so yeah most probably a big bird .

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkuzzleButt
look at the logo at the bottom left corner (ADG) as soon as i saw that i lost hope. the alien disclosure group (ADG UK)

They are known hoaxers, these are the same people behind the recent alien landing in china video and the apparent CCTV footage of the landed UFO in Texas

ADG are the worst peddlers of hoax videos, that is true, but this video was obviously covered by someone else first so can't blame ADG this time

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Nice, I noticed that as soon as I saw it. I told you those other replies we posted to illustrate how lens flare works would come handy again.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Clearly NOT a lens flare, it has shape/shadow/form.

reply to post by PheonixReborn

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What wings? Show me a still with defined wings. That would be a big bird too..and fast..

reply to post by gortex

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If the pilot filmed this ..as a human .. seeing something like this .. the camera/recorder could move at least a bit ..if not anything then in excitement ..

This was too steady .. into the hoax bin ...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Applause to Your wild "lens flare" fantasy!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Originally posted by Jefferton

Agreed

Having watched it several times at a slower speed I don't believe it is lens flare and I too get the impression of wings flapping so yeah most probably a big bird .

Well, if you look closely (in full screen at 1080HD) between 32 and 36s. at the background trees on the ground, they appear to "move" as well.

This false impression of "pulsating" or "flapping" is due to the poor quality camera and/or a possible re-sampling or re-sizing of the video, causing object's edges to be badly defined.

In fact, it's like the JPEG compression artifacts, when the file (image or video) is of poor quality and down-sized, information is lost during the process.
edit on 31-1-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I was lens flare at first.
But there seems to be some reflections coming off of the object.

Could be a mylar balloon. Or a uav.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
That's not lens flare, the 'object' is itself either, reflecting the sun, or superheating the air, which then reflects the sun.
There's no point in calling out the UK uploader, it's secondhand to them, as was the Chinese fake.
edit on 31-1-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
It does show up exactly when the lens is facing the sun...

Not only did it appear the same time the Sun did, it also:

- Disappeared from frame the same time the sun did
- Moved the same speed across the frame as the Sun appeared to move across the frame
- Moved in a direction that was exactly opposite the apparent movement of the Sun (as the Sun appeared to move to the right and down across the frame, the object moved to the left and up, paralleling the Sun's apparent motion).

It seems very plausible that this was some sort of sun reflection involving the camera or lens.

edit on 1/31/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
That's not lens flare, the 'object' is itself either, reflecting the sun, or superheating the air, which then reflects the sun.
There's no point in calling out the UK uploader, it's secondhand to them, as was the Chinese fake.
edit on 31-1-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

Are you talking about when this effect appears?

That's lens flare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join