It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i Did it im in Love i'll be moving out now.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This is what i told my roommate the other night when i came home from the pub. I dont know how many of you guys are Workaholics fans, but that is a scene from one of there shows, we had a good laugh.

Im not really in love(we just met) and im not really moving out. Yet, I am seriously intrigued by this women. And i need advice from the collective consciousness that is ATS.

I watched a episode of Seinfeld the other day were George castanza did everything opposite of what he would normally do and it worked for him(at least at first,lol). So i meet this girl, and she is pretty, smarter than the average bar crawler, and is a black belt(ive always enjoyed the art of combat) and she mentioned more than once how flexible she was, Oh yeah and she is of Asian decent! this being my first chance at an Asian women i must do what needs to be done.

so we hit it off and we leave together. Now What i would normally do is take her back to my place and have a good time, but i thought to myself instead of doing what i would normally do im going to do the opposite. I choose this because I realized that every girl i bring home the first night i meet her, either ends as a one night stand or a bad relationship.

I do not want it to end in these possible scenarios with this girl. So I insist on walking her home knowing that we cant do anything at her house due to her living situation. I get her number and give her a good night kiss(more like a drunken make out session). I wake up in the morning in my bed take a look at my phone and it has crashed out and i need to reset it. I lost all my contacts including hers. its kind of ironic that the first time i dont follow my primal instincts is the first time my phone crashes out, go figure right?

I want to see her again(not just because she is Asian,but definitely is a major bonus). Do i show up at her house unannounced? Do i just hope i see her at the pub again? i was thinking of dropping a letter in her mailbox(not digital) giving her my number. what do you think ats? what is my best course of action on this one?
edit on 31-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
YAY! Thats great - not the part of losing her contactdata, but the other.

Go and meet her. If she is interested in you, it will work out fine. If not, well, at least you know about that then.

Worst you can do now is to let time flow.. You MAY try your luck at the bar, but I would suggest trying to meet her at home "hey, uhm, this sounds crazy, but I lost your number. Yeah, lets have a beer at the pub tonight." Or something.

Don't let the movement go out. Play the ball while its in the game!

Edit: My wife once said to me that she was disappointed that I didn't call her back the day after we first met - I was playing the "smooth, relaxed, don't press her into something"-card. Doesn't work always, see?

edit on 31-1-2013 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

Editedit: Well, it worked out, as she is my wife anyway, but it could have gone wrong..

edit on 31-1-2013 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This is a perfect opportunity to show her you're interested. You have a perfectly valid reason to go to her house. Plus, you'll find out how she feels about you. If she's interested, she won't hesitate to give you her number again.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

well the thing is she just moved back from japan and is living with her parents untill she gets her own place. I dont want to show up on her doorstep and have her dad answer the door, I figure if im gonna meet her dad that is for her to decide. plus how awakward is to met the dad of the girl your trying to swoon after only knowing her for one night. so in the end ill do it if all other options run dry. oh yeah she a waitress at a wine bar. i love wine.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Send her a letter, it would be romantic.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Show up at her house in two days or so and be honest with her and explain the situation with your phone. Or, she might text or call you herself, right?

I live with room-mates as well and met a girl tonight who is very awesome. However, I'm not sure she is interested in me like that. I will probably just let things proceed naturally as they may - I'm not into her like that either, not yet anyway, sometimes I can act more into someone than I am or think I'm more into someone than I am, and that is when things don't work out -
edit on 31-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

oh yeah she a waitress at a wine bar. i love wine.

Well, I didn't know that part. As the waitress, you know she is going to be there - so either go find her if you happen to know her work schedule, or ask someone at her work about it, but have a decent reason for wanting to find her ready - tell her you had a great time the other night, but your cell phone died, and ask her out on another date.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I agree with the letter idea. Explain about the phone and ask her to meet you somewhere. It would be more romantic than showing up on her doorstep.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Show up at her house unannounced? Only if you want to send the message that fulfilling your own desire to see her is more important than showing respect for the lady, her family and her privacy. Kudos for not following your usual script.

Have fun with this opportunity! Don't just drop a letter to her. Drop a few intriguing notes or cards (without a lot of text telling your own life story), randomly timed to take her by surprise. Leave a single rose on her doorstep. Learn one or two Japanese phrases so that you can say hello in an interesting way the next time you run into her. Trust me, that's the way to make a woman melt like butter.

Here's a secret (shhh!). When a woman you just met tells you that she's flexible, it's probably code for "I'm attracted to you physically."

Good luck!

Grace

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by goochball
Send her a letter, it would be romantic.

Try Chinese whispers. lol

Talk to some people you know who know her (if any) and tell the truth in that your phone crashed and you can't call her but really want to see her again. One of them is sure to say something when they see her, you know how gossip spreads, plant the seed.

Or...if you want to send a letter, make it into something ORIGAMI that would fit in her letterbox. Sure to put a smile on her face even before she's read it.

Good luck (and beware the black belt)
edit on 31/1/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

oh yeah she a waitress at a wine bar. i love wine.

Well, I didn't know that part. As the waitress, you know she is going to be there - so either go find her if you happen to know her work schedule, or ask someone at her work about it, but have a decent reason for wanting to find her ready - tell her you had a great time the other night, but your cell phone died, and ask her out on another date.

I am trying to play it cool on this one so i dont think im going to show up unannounced anywhere, she may misconstrue me showing up at here house or work as me being a stalker, however this is unlikely(she seems cool and into me), i dont want to take the chance (like i said its my first Asian)lol

reply to post by wtbengineer

im thinking the letter idea is the way to go, i reach out to her without crossing any lines.

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
Show up at her house unannounced? Only if you want to send the message that fulfilling your own desire to see her is more important than showing respect for the lady, her family and her privacy. Kudos for not following your usual script.

Have fun with this opportunity! Don't just drop a letter to her. Drop a few intriguing notes or cards (without a lot of text telling your own life story), randomly timed to take her by surprise. Leave a single rose on her doorstep. Learn one or two Japanese phrases so that you can say hello in an interesting way the next time you run into her. Trust me, that's the way to make a woman melt like butter.

Here's a secret (shhh!). When a woman you just met tells you that she's flexible, it's probably code for "I'm attracted to you physically."

Good luck!

Grace

so im doing it, im writing her a letter and am going to drop it in her mailbox. I think i should hold up the extra romantic stuff till things go a bit farther(if they do). l dont want to go all in on the preflop , it leaves me no were to go, know what im saying? Im thinking im going to write a short and to the point letter, like this.

Jen-

Hi this is Doc, my phone crashed out, and i lost your number. I was looking forward to seeing you again. give me a call or text(###)###-####)

DOC

I dont want to get to fancy with the words, i would rather save that till later when/if needed. what do you think ats

hey grace, of course shes physically attracted to me, i mean look at me, lol

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Hey Doc, sorry for the much delayed reply. I think your plan is reasonable -- "nowhere to go from there..." makes sense, at least from a guy's point of view. Let us know what happened?.

And YES! If you really look like the younger Val Kilmer, forget the girl and write ME a letter!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure

Hey Doc, sorry for the much delayed reply. I think your plan is reasonable -- "nowhere to go from there..." makes sense, at least from a guy's point of view. Let us know what happened?.

And YES! If you really look like the younger Val Kilmer, forget the girl and write ME a letter!

hey grace, no prob, we all got stuff to do, right? so it worked, she texted me back. i dropped the letter in her box when she was at work, and as soon as i got around the corner i heard her dad open the door and an old man cough, so i missed her dad by seconds, luckily. So we have been hanging out every now and then, we get along well, plenty of laughs and shared interests, im actually getting ready to meet her for a pint right now so it looks like its working out, only time will tell, thanks for the advice grace.

and no i dont look like a young val kilmer, i would say more like chavez from young guns, but not mexican(but still have dark features, my hair is getting long as well, so that is why i use the chavez comparison, since no one in hollywood has long hair these days lol.

if your avatar has any likeness to your face, i would definitely right you a letter, i have always liked the big bright eyes. lol

new topics

top topics

join