It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting blog that I found.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2
monotheistic religions are all from one source.

Not true.

even their Messiahs are common.

Not true.

did you know that all jews, christians and muslims are awaiting Jesus !

Not true.

Jews reject Jesus as Messiah. (except for those Christian Jews in the 'jews for jesus' movement). They are not awaiting his return. They are awaiting for their messiah, and they do NOT think it's Jesus.

Christians believe that Jesus is God Incarnate. It is in their bible and comes from first hand accounts from the life of Jesus .. from those who actually knew him or knew his Apostles. He was murdered and He rose from the dead on His own power. They await His return at the end of the age.

Muslims get their notions about Jesus from the 'visions' that Muhammad supposedly had ... 600+ years after Jesus was killed and rose from the dead. No first hand sources .. no stories from the apostles or those that knew them ... it's all from Muhammads supposed visions. Muslims think Jesus is JUST A HUMAN and is just going to be some sidekick to the Mahdi. The Mahdi ... who perfectly matches the description of the Christian Anti-Christ.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Jews reject Jesus as Messiah. (except for those Christian Jews in the 'jews for jesus' movement). They are not awaiting his return. They are awaiting for their messiah, and they do NOT think it's Jesus.

Christians believe that Jesus is God Incarnate. It is in their bible and comes from first hand accounts from the life of Jesus .. from those who actually knew him or knew his Apostles. He was murdered and He rose from the dead on His own power. They await His return at the end of the age.

Thanks for making that clear. Our muslim brother's were having trouble accepting that.

edit on 31-1-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Dude .. I don't know what your obsession is with trying to get Christians to convert

I'm not obsessed with getting anybody to convert.
And how does presenting a certain Christian P.O.V on Islam amount to a conversion tactic?

or believe that they have the same God as you etc etc etc.

Muslims believe their God is the God who Jesus worshiped...

Christians believe Jesus is God, so we DON'T believe we have the same understanding of God. (I don't like using the words "different Gods", because it makes me sound polytheistic.)

In your case, you are in conflict with your own kind... since you have doubts regarding Moses and Abraham.

No matter how many times you post this stuff, it doesn't change the fact that Christians and Muslims have different Gods and Islam isn't all rainbows and unicorns like you want people to think.

I think you missed the point of the OP.
edit on 31-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Muslims get their notions about Jesus from the 'visions' that Muhammad supposedly had ... 600+ years after

Not that 600+ years nonsense again.
If "older" meant "truer", you should be Jewish or a hindu. Because those religions are also older than the New Testament.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Muslims get their notions about Jesus from the 'visions' that Muhammad supposedly had ... 600+ years after

Not that 600+ years nonsense again. If "older" meant "truer", you should be Jewish or a hindu. Because those religions are also older than the New Testament.

It's not nonsense to state facts. Muhammad made up his stories about Jesus 600+ years after Jesus was on Earth. Christians have their first hand historical documents about the life of Christ from the Apostles and those that studied with the Apostles.

HUGE DIFFERENCE.

The FACT is that the Christian documents are from the time of the actual events whereas the Muslim ones were fabricated 600+ years later. Therefore, the first hand historical documents are MUCH MORE LIKELY to be factual than those made up 600 + years later.

The only 'nonsense' going on is that you are pushing the Muslim fabrications that happened 600+ years later, while totally dismissing the Christian historical documents from the time period.

edit on 1/31/2013 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

It's not nonsense to state facts. Muhammad made up his stories about Jesus 600+ years after Jesus was on Earth.

The fact is that NT theology borrows heavily from OT theology.

A Jew can just as well claim that Jesus twisted OT scriptures to pose as the messiah.

He can easily say
"Jesus made up his stories about being the messiah 1000 years after the Old Testament was written"

And its a FACT that the New Testament was written much after the Old Testament.

edit on 31-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
The fact is that NT theology borrows heavily from OT theology.

So what? It's got some stuff that is similar. It's got some stuff that'd different.
That takes NOTHING away from Jesus and the New Testament historical documents.
The New Testament makes no effort to re-tell the stories in the Old Testament.
It is its' own testament. Unlike the Quran that makes the effort .. and fails.

A Jew can just as well claim that Jesus twisted OT scriptures to pose as the messiah.

Sure. I'm sure many say exactly that.
However, the miracles Jesus performed prove who He is.
He rose from the dead by His own power. He healed the sick.
He raised the dead. The blind gained sight. The deaf could hear.
If He had simply borrowed Old Testament prophecies to make Himself
fit them as a fake, then He wouldn't have been able to perform the miracles
that He did. And He certainly wouldn't have been able to raise Himself from the
dead .. which He did.

And its a FACT that the New Testament was written much after the Old Testament.

And its a FACT that the New Testament has first hand eyewitness accounts of the life of Jesus ... and the stories in the Qu'ran about Jesus were fabricated 600+ years later.

Geee .. I could use supersize too.
Your statement about the New Testament being written much after the Old Testament is irrelevant. The New Testament is the Testament of Jesus Christ. It's not the story of Moses or Noahs Ark or Adam and Eve. Two different testaments.

The Qu'ran pretends to be the story of both the New Testament and the Old Testament ..(and a bunch of other stuff thrown in) .. when it simply is not. The fabrication completely contradicts both the New Testament and the Old Testament. It attempts to re-tell the Old Testament .. thousands of years after it has been around. It attempts to re-tell the New Testament .. hundreds and hundreds of years after it has been around. EPIC FAILURE.

edit on 1/31/2013 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX
reply to post by Murgatroid

If you want to understand a religion you do it by understanding by what it contributed to humanity.

Which religion is the source of most terrorism today?
Which religion instructs that people of other religion should not be tolerated?
Which religion is responsible for many deadly terrorist attack like 9/11?

Your hate does not promote peace. If you are a Christian then you may want to try and be like Jesus. He didn't hate.
Not trying to upset you just trying to show you that if you look in the mirror you will see a person who is not being friendly to others who think differently that you.

As for the OP.... did you read the blog yet or did you just commence to hating before you even gave it a chance?

Have you researched other religions? By doing so you can appreciate they all worship the same God.

From the blog:

Cultural events in America as a whole, in Tennessee, and even in Memphis caused me to see more and more of an anti-immigrant and specifically anti-Muslim sentiment, and it was time to see if there was anything to the fears I was hearing.

I too live in Tennessee and here is considered the Bible belt. Went to a Church of Christ school for a few years and was ultimately kicked out because I had a birthday party where me and other students danced, not to mention I was always asking questions in Bible class.
They don't like questions.

So... here we see a lot of hate toward Islamic people and anyone else who practices another faith are looked down upon. Its not pretty nor is it "Jesus like".

By becoming acquainted with other religions and trying your best to understand them you then have more tolerance and when around someone of different faith you at least have basic knowledge of what their "after life" views are.

When we all realize we worship the same God. peace will come over the religious person and not so much hate will be shown for a difference.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

What New Testament historical documents ?

A book of letters written by various people that tell entirely different tales... that have been heavily edited, reprocessed, manipulated.

Fact is, no originals exist, and things are taken out of context entirely.

Look how often the message the church has changes, just in the last 20 years, this "Grace" issue has come up.

Another thing is the Old Testament's proclamation of a Messiah, the Jews are correct on this issue, he has not arrived yet...and they are the ones CLOSEST to the subject.

Compare the 4 gospels Resurrection tales side by side and you get completely different stories.

Eventually i would hope that people will face the truth, that ALL religions are first MADE-UP, and the original texts we do not even HAVE, much less believe in something that was never meant to be a belief system , that has now been attributed to "GOD", and then continously thereafter altered so many times it doesn't matter anyways.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

No... not all jews. There are many who do believe.

Y'shua was not a mere victim of a mob. Nor was his death an accident. It was the very purpose of his mission. He gave up his life as an atonement for sin. His words mean nothing apart from this final action. The "good news" is that the Messiah willingly stood in our place and, by dying, took the penalty which rightfully belongs to each one of us. But he didn't stay dead. By rising from the grave he defeated the power of sin and death and enables individuals to have a new relationship with God. And it is this power-- the power of the resurrection--which is available to anyone who believes. This power has been changing lives (of both Jews and gentiles) since the first century. One Jewish man who knew of this life-changing experience was Alfred Edersheim, the British scholar and author of the last century. His book, The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah, was originally published in the 1880's and is still considered one of the most authoritative sources on the subject. His Jewish view of Y'shua pre-dated the more recent wave of Jewish scholars who have been increasingly curious about the New Testament. To conclude his chapter on the resurrection he writes, The importance of all this can not be adequately expressed in words. A dead Christ might have been a Teacher and Wonder-worker, and remembered and loved as such. But only a risen and Living Christ could be the Saviour, the Life, and the Life-Giver--and as such preached to all men. And of this most blessed truth we have the fullest and most unquestionable evidence. 7 There is only one reason why a Jew should believe in Y'shua. It is the same reason why a gentile should believe. It has nothing to do with convenience or social standing. Nor does it have anything to do with Y'shua's good moral teachings. The only reason anyone should be for Y'shua is because of who he is and what he has done: It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Messiah Y'shua came into the world to save sinners. 1 Timothy 1:15

www.jewsforjesus.org...

Ya know... because there is so much division and hate these days ~ still ~over a difference in a belief system, the blogger felt like he had to write this below into his essay to "adult" readers.

Muslims are people too: This one seems like such a given that it shouldn't need to be said, but it does. If we would just take the time to actually get to know and talk with people who are different from us, we would find there is less difference than we think and so much room for kindness. No, we are not all the same in our beliefs. Yes, there are mutually exclusive ideas in various religions. But the real point here is that Muslims are humans, not just a religion or a set of beliefs. Muslims tuck their little daughters and sons into bed at night too.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I am amazed how monotheistic religions which are worshiping one God and awaiting Messiahs can go for a crusade ! the most amazing thing is that followers of monotheistic religions say to each other my God and your God !!!
the only thing that I can conclude is that just names and claims have remained from monotheistic religions.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Im amazed too. Why it is the Abrahamic religions are the most violent I will never know. Or... maybe I do know. Is it because Abraham had an affair?
Karma? Why is it these three religions war like they do and cause havoc for the rest of the world....hating and warring?

Don't get me wrong.... love em all... love me some Jesus.... but there is a time for peace and love ~ and its NOW.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

My point was that documents from that time period are much more likely to be authentic, or at least get the general idea correct, than something fabricated 600 years later by some dude who was making up his own religion in order to gain political power.

Originally posted by MamaJ

I know .. I said that there are 'Jews for Jesus' out there ...

Originally posted by ParasuvO
Another thing is the Old Testament's proclamation of a Messiah, the Jews are correct on this issue, he has not arrived yet...and they are the ones CLOSEST to the subject.

Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament predictions surrounding the Messiah. There hasn't been a 'prophet' since Jesus time. The Jews missed the boat. Their messiah has come and gone .. and they knew him not.

Why it is the Abrahamic religions are the most violent I will never know.

Cuz Abraham was insane perhaps ....
You build a house on sand instead of a solid foundation and it gets washed away.
Maybe if you build a religion on hooooey or crazy people, the same can be said.

ATS Thread - Abraham, true prophet of God or something else

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I believe the poster was referring to the imposters who CLAIM to be Jews, AKA Illuminati.

Jesus warned us 2000 years ago that it was people who SAY they are Jewish but are not that was the problem.

"I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars" ~ Revelation 3:9

Jesus exposed the Illuminati because He knew how important this was:

"The Illuminati started long before 1776, It has it's roots in the mystery religions which the knights templar perpetuated. In Nimrod's time, Semiramus brought back the mystery religions which were from before the time of Noah. The Illuminati was just a different name by which these same entities existed. They can change their name a thousand times, but the same entities run it."

"The Old Testament is simply the history of how Satan became prince of the world, and caused our first parents to defect from God. It relates how the synagogue of Satan was established on this earth, it tells how it has worked since to prevent God’s Plan for the rule of the universe being established on this earth. Christ came to earth when the conspiracy reached the stage that, to use his own words, Satan controlled all those in high places.

He exposed the synagogue of Satan (Rev. 2:9; 3:9) he denounced those who belonged to it as sons of the devil (Lucifer), whom he castigated as the father of lies (John 8:44) and the prince of deceit (2 Cor. 11:14). He was specific in his statement that those who comprised the synagogue of Satan were those who called themselves Jews, but were not, and did lie (Rev. 2:9; 3:9). He identified the Money-Changers (Bankers) the Scribes, and the Pharisees as the Illuminati of his day.

Illuminati Roots

"...a group of people rose to leadership positions in Jerusalem called Pharisees. They looked like their Jewish counterparts, were well versed in prophecy, were well educated and seemed to be advocates for the Jews during their Roman oppression. One problem, they weren’t Jews!

When the Messiah came exactly as prophesized, the Pharisees told the Jews, this man was a fake, and proposed a traditional Roman execution for him, which was also prophesized long before the Romans even existed. This Messiah came in His Father’s name and said he would be rejected, but another would come in his own name that would be accepted.

This book is the story of modern day Pharisees who say they are Jews, but are not. They blamed the Romans for crucifying Jesus, but they insisted on it, not the Romans. Later, they convinced the world to lay blame on Jews for rejecting the Messiah, but they are to blame for that, not the Jews.

There's Still Nothing New Under the Sun. Howard Ratcliffe

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

reply to post by maes2

Im amazed too. Why it is the Abrahamic religions are the most violent I will never know. Or... maybe I do know. Is it because Abraham had an affair?
Karma? Why is it these three religions war like they do and cause havoc for the rest of the world....hating and warring?

There is only one answer to that question: the Synagogue of Satan.

This is the missing link between all conspiracy theories.

This group remains HIDDEN because most don't believe in them or WANT to believe in them.

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. This evil cabal is few in numbers but, like a deadly octopus, its tentacles reach out to grip and strangle untold multitudes of innocent victims. The initiates of every secret society and internationalist organization, from the Council on Foreign Relations and the Jesuits to the Bilderbergers and the Order of Skull & Bones, obey the dictates of this sinister group and tremble when standing before its leaders.

The cabalist group I refer to is the Synagogue of Satan, an ancient, yet modern, elite so politically powerful and so fabulously wealthy that even past history has been twisted, reshaped, and revised to meet its preferred version of humanity's gloomy, totalitarian future.

Religious in nature, the Synagogue of Satan is, at its essence, a grotesque, satanic cult. It's high council is composed of High Priests of Lucifer; these are men who literally worship death while practicing sexual magick and occult rituals of the blackest nature.

The Synagogue of Satan

This is also WHY Eustace Mullins made this statement as well:

"After forty years of patient study of the crises which faces humanity, I arrived at a very simple conclusion-all conspiracies are Satanic! " Eustace Mullins

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

very very very very very well said. Synagogue of Satan. I know that you mean that all religions are bad and corrupt. that is your Idea. but the point you mentioned is very meaningful.
some radicals in Israel are after making that in Jerusalem. I have heard that they believe that their Messiah would return after that. this is not anti_semitic sentences. but the truth. even there are some hidden facts about Crusade that are related to Synagogue of Satan. it seems that history is repeating. and Bush came and said that another Crusade was coming.
funny and shameful for corrupted clerics of Vatican to those of muslims and those of jews.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by maes2

Don't get me wrong.... love em all... love me some Jesus.... but there is a time for peace and love ~ and its NOW.

Can you say the words though? It's not a pleasant existence "carrying" the faith. To say that Christians have been a part of conquest goes against a structural pillar or 5 of the faith.
Thou shall not murder.
Thou shall not covet thy neighbors' wife.
No true Christian plays along with foreign spirits. (temptation based)

"You will know them by their fruit"
It's so basic, yet so powerful a mesage. Powerful enough to base a calandar and society around his martyrdom. He lives.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

reply to post by maes2

There is only one answer to that question: the Synagogue of Satan.

This is the missing link between all conspiracy theories.

This group remains HIDDEN because most don't believe in them or WANT to believe in them.

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. This evil cabal is few in numbers but, like a deadly octopus, its tentacles reach out to grip and strangle untold multitudes of innocent victims. The initiates of every secret society and internationalist organization, from the Council on Foreign Relations and the Jesuits to the Bilderbergers and the Order of Skull & Bones, obey the dictates of this sinister group and tremble when standing before its leaders.

The cabalist group I refer to is the Synagogue of Satan, an ancient, yet modern, elite so politically powerful and so fabulously wealthy that even past history has been twisted, reshaped, and revised to meet its preferred version of humanity's gloomy, totalitarian future.

Religious in nature, the Synagogue of Satan is, at its essence, a grotesque, satanic cult. It's high council is composed of High Priests of Lucifer; these are men who literally worship death while practicing sexual magick and occult rituals of the blackest nature.

The Synagogue of Satan

This is also WHY Eustace Mullins made this statement as well:

"After forty years of patient study of the crises which faces humanity, I arrived at a very simple conclusion-all conspiracies are Satanic! " Eustace Mullins

For me, the "synagogue of satan" reference never resonated until I read the OT and recognized how it contrasts with the NT. This is something that needs to be in context and is rarely presented as so. Alot of people write the OT off as mindless trolling and they never fit the pieces together.
We are taught to ask for (he promised not to leave us) discernment, and it's underrated IMO. Alot of people excuse the bible as fiction because they're not seeing the whole picture in relation to the material world.
They're considered " zombies"
People who feel not the pull of the holy spirit and this manifests through intuition, but most of the time is ignored.

add context- I always believed the "mainstream" that the Father was some psycho- killer until I had all the pieces in front of me. In retrospect, I was in the process of severing the ties between myself and the proprietor)

edit on 31-1-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

With a user name like yours, I'd assume you're possibly Hindu?

Not really the kind of rhetoric I'd expect out of a follower of that path. . .

But I did get a laugh from the term "moon god" -- so okay you got me.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Your hate does not promote peace. If you are a Christian then you may want to try and be like Jesus. He didn't hate. Not trying to upset you just trying to show you that if you look in the mirror you will see a person who is not being friendly to others who think differently that you.

Oh that is a very nice theory.
You seem to be an expert in 'judging people'.
Is that all you do?

PS:- I am not upset but incredibly amused after reading your statements.

Im amazed too. Why it is the Abrahamic religions are the most violent I will never know. Or... maybe I do know. Is it because Abraham had an affair? Karma? Why is it these three religions war like they do and cause havoc for the rest of the world....hating and warring?

Islam in particular fills your description quite perfectly.

Islamic Terrorism

Try explaining that to Al-qaeda and the Taliban.

edit on 31-1-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join