It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Army worth joining.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

No, you are quite right, there isn't a simple answer. But in my humble opionion, don't perputuate the war machine any longer that it has to, it only causes needless suffering and is corrupt at the top.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
Is the Army worth joining??

Answer-

If it is going to keep you out of legal trouble and criminal activity, then yes. Go for it.

This is a good point i have been in trouble several times in the past one time it ended with a 2 year suspended sentence. So this is a great point.I feel i would learn more discipline and learn a lot from the experience. But a lot of people claim i would be selling my soul. But i do not see that... By that logic it means i would be selling my soul if i worked at mcdonalds... i would be selling my soul to that corporation. So what is so bad about the army.. there is always going to be people payed a wage to go fight wars and such... so why not me i see no problem with earning money by doing some travelling and learning skills.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Do what you feel is right for you.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

While I agree with most of what you've said, I, personally, as well as millions of Americans, are not responsible for the acts of the government.

Well actually you are. America is a republic, which means the government serves the people.

The people have let the government become all powerful by blindly accepting it's authority.

The people do have the power to stop this, you just have to realise it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie

Originally posted by resoe26
Is the Army worth joining??

Answer-

If it is going to keep you out of legal trouble and criminal activity, then yes. Go for it.

This is a good point i have been in trouble several times in the past one time it ended with a 2 year suspended sentence. So this is a great point.I feel i would learn more discipline and learn a lot from the experience. But a lot of people claim i would be selling my soul. But i do not see that... By that logic it means i would be selling my soul if i worked at mcdonalds... i would be selling my soul to that corporation. So what is so bad about the army.. there is always going to be people payed a wage to go fight wars and such... so why not me i see no problem with earning money by doing some travelling and learning skills.

I joined because I was running with the wrong crowd. Gang related and such.
I was on probation for 2 Public intox and battery.
Army got me off probation and straight to Ft. Benning. Went Airborne, then Ranger and was shipped to 2nd Ranger Bat.
The ARMY saved my life man. No joke.

You can learn alot from it. It will help you in the long run.
Only problem is, it makes you not be able to tolerate civilians as much.
Gives you sort of a NO NONSENSE type of thought.

Adjusting back to civilian life when you out can be difficult.
But hey, the Army was well worth it for me.

PS.
If you join,
Try to go to a Spec Ops unit, or at least 82nd Airborne.
Because if you have to go to war, you will want to go with the BEST.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join