It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Army worth joining.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Depends on one thing, How hungry are you.....?

One would be surprised on what one would do to feed them selves and their children.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Why anyone would become government dependent and risk being sent to die in some country to murder people who did nothing to us is beyond logic.

Military Service in current times isnt serving one's country, (nor do I believe it ever was after what I've seen) it's a disservice to one's country and being served by one's country at the same time.

There is no way I would do it.
Find an alternative plan. Anything is better than being a worthless pawn for a buch of fat impotent old rich bastards.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
My advice is, ignore all the posters that are saying "do it if you want to sell your soul...blah blah blah".

If you do this thing, it will be to better yourself. I don't know how the enlistment process works in the UK, but I'm sure some kind of aptitude testing is done in order to find out where you'd fit in; technical, mechanical, support, combat, etc..
Just because you join an army, doesn't mean you'll be outfitted with a carbine and stuck in a foxhole and forced to kill.

I personally joined up right after high school. I darn near maxed the simple ASVAB test and was able to choose a technical occupation. After basic training, I went to technical school for about 13 months. That training paved the way for my civilian technical career in which I am still involved in after 20 years.

I say go for it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
No dont join the army are you mad ? like killing people for a living or something ? go take a good long look in the mirror and decide if the person looking back you is really you

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
No dont join the army are you mad ? like killing people for a living or something ? go take a good long look in the mirror and decide if the person looking back you is really you

"My advice is, ignore all the posters that are saying "do it if you want to sell your soul...blah blah blah". "

Right on cue...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
just because you turned your skills to something usefull and stuck it for 20 years doesnt mean this guy is going to do the same. the army is not what it was now the army fights for corporate interests based on false flags and anyone joining up knowing that may do very well out of it but the fact still remains the side has been chosen ...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Why would you want to join the army? The less people who sign up for governmental military service (in any country) the faster we will have world peace and prosperity and prosecute the war criminals who are running this deceptive system for their own gain. Don't fall for the petty benefits your mind can conjure, the price is not worth it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

just because you turned your skills to something usefull and stuck it for 20 years doesnt mean this guy is going to do the same. the army is not what it was now the army fights for corporate interests based on false flags and anyone joining up knowing that may do very well out of it but the fact still remains the side has been chosen ...

What do you do for a living? Buy, sell, or process anything dealing with a corporation? Provide service to corporations? Everything outside of say an Amish community serves corporate interests, whether directly or indirectly.

If the OP joined the military, he'd get paid to learn. From computer programming to diesel mechanic, there are hundreds of non-combat occupations that will benefit his future.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

I personally joined up right after high school. I darn near maxed the simple ASVAB test and was able to choose a technical occupation. After basic training, I went to technical school for about 13 months. That training paved the way for my civilian technical career in which I am still involved in after 20 years.

I say go for it.

This is why i want to join to gain skills that will benefit me when i leave the force. I got straight A's in school but i didn't go to university because i don't see why i should have to just to get a piece of paper telling me im smart.. I want to learn real world skills that i can use on the outside.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

What do you do for a living? Buy, sell, or process anything dealing with a corporation? Provide service to corporations? Everything outside of say an Amish community serves corporate interests, whether directly or indirectly.

there was a text wall here but after pondering the reasoning i decided to delete it and say why bother 3 quarters of the planets pig ignorant anyway
edit on 31-1-2013 by mykingdomforthetruth because: i have my reasons

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Join the Navy Nuclear program, if you achieve it go into Communications, electrical or (can't remember the correct terminology) Sonar. You'll have to serve longer because of the length of training involved, but you'll come out light years ahead of anyone else with the best working knowledge of electronics of any service (US Navy).

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Is it worth being a pawn for the Elite?

To think that any member of ATS would already know how the "game" is being played in all aspects of our society and still ask questions like the above...is amusing actually.

WWI/WWII (both sides) was run by the same people, with the same goal. Over 100 million people died, for a completely different reason. You are fighting for the wrong reasons, and in the end you become part of the statistics. They don't care about you mate. Good luck making a rational decision.
edit on 31-1-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Here's the best advice. Instead of the Army, find yourself a trade/craft/union to join. Usually something that is always needed. See welders, electricians, carpenters, etc.

You'll go through a learning process, you'll make friends and life long brothers, and you'll get paid very well and have work for the rest of your life. I know a guy who's brother does welding in UK in the Union there and supposedly makes 200-300k a year, although there is alot of overtime he works.

So just keep that in consideration. With a trade/craft/union you can't go wrong. Whereas with the army you become indoctrinated, programmed, injected with God knows what kind of vaccines, you'll be brainwashed and messed up for the rest of your life.

When I was young, the Army was hardcore on my case trying to get me to join, stopping by the house, phone calls once a week, booths in school and even back then I always told them I refuse to be brainwashed and take orders from a corrupt Gov't.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A soldier in the Army can be looked upon as either a hero or devil...it depends on which side of the fence you are on. These soldiers are warmly welcomed as a saving grace.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by LightAssassin

I don't think they're ever forced to shoot innocents. It's usually an accident, or someone who isn't following orders. Being a mechanic in the Navy I never had that to deal with that. I never killed anyone personally, but I did indirectly kill everyone my aircraft did, my boat, my government. But then you are also responsible for indirectly killing those that OUR government kills.

We are all responsible for the acts of our government, as long as we are unwilling to act against them, and stop it.

As long as people support, and revel, in an economic system that uses the military to expand it's capitalist goals then no one is innocent.

While I agree with most of what you've said, I, personally, as well as millions of Americans, are not responsible for the acts of the government. How would you propose we act against them? Voting? Writing your congressman or senator? Marching with picket signs? All of those things have been done, to no avail. Revolution? That's damn near laughable. With all of the divides between American citizens, tptb wouldn't have to do a thing. Another thing, I don't support or revel in this Ponzi Scheme of an economic system, and I sure as hell don't support them using our boys and girls in the military to expand their capitalist conquests. By that same logic, jihadists think that all Americans are guilty. I am not guilty of anything, as I have no say in how they run things.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

They can indeed, on a personal level, but the forces behind the soldier being there are equally important. You have to take into account if you want to partake in the stealing of another countries resources and impoverishing the natives.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Konoyaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Konoyaro

Then again, one has to also look at the people suffering and dying from terrorists and tyrants who seek to rape them of all their country's resources and freedoms.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Well yes I see your point and it is indeed a valid point. But just look at Iraq, estimated at over 1 million dead civilians. For what? A shattered country with no leadership? To further the agenda of corporate interests and to top it all of it's based on lies (WMD's) and so on. Back in WW I the civilian deaths were around 10% which is already bad enough, in i Iraq 90% were civilians. You really want to be part of that? Even if there is no other way to help those people I wouldn't want to be, excuse my speech, "a dog of the military" since they are usually lying bed with some other interest who will make the lives of natives just as bad as with the previous dictator or whatever if only in a more indirect way. Deriving them of their resources, polluting their land and otherwise seeing to that the coming generations have little future to look forward to.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Konoyaro

There certainly are no easy answers for the OP.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Is the Army worth joining??

Answer-

If it is going to keep you out of legal trouble and criminal activity, then yes. Go for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join