It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 of the Most Beautiful Abandoned Places and Modern Ruins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

I've got a great link for you, if you love amazingly beautiful photography. Apparently these photos are of abandoned ruins, many being reclaimed by nature. Kinda reminds me of the television program "Life After People."

Anyway, here are my favorite five photos. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Tunnel of Love, Ukraine
[pic]le5109802c.jpg[/pic

Abandoned Mill from 1866, Sorento Italy
]

Eilean Donan Castle

Sunken Yacht in Antartica

And my favorite one of all:

The Hotel Del Salto, Tequendamo

This picture reminds me of haunted castles....its beauty is breathtaking.

I hope you enjoy the photos, and that they resonate with you as well.

smylee

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Amazing pictures.. I would love to see pictures from then and now and also know why they were left to decay, guess I have some research to do. Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Very cool collection. Thanks for posting this.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Wonderful photographs. Some real "i want that on my wall" Ones there. Thanks for posting

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
For more of this sort if thing (yeah, I love it too) go to Dark Roasted Blend. It has such photos almost without end.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Smylee, those were absolutely awesome. Thanks for sharing. I have to tip my hat to the photographers though. They did some excellent work on these. All of them were exceptional, but for some reason, this one caught my eye.

You know what they say about pictures...

S&F.
edit on 1/30/2013 by Klassified because: corrections

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
They were probably abandoned because the up-keep would cost a fortune. They could have made it accesable to people by giving tours, having weddings or something to keep money coming in. A shame to see a castle go to waste. If I lived closer, I'd just move in.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Great photos, thanks.

I cant believe these places are still inctact like that, surely someone would have taken the piano. The seats at the theatre must be worth $100 each sold in a NY garden shop or retro furniture place. If I had a place like this near me I would have a hard time obeying the 8th.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Fantastic pictures. Thanks for posting. But Eilean Donan Castle is not abandoned, it is a thriving tourist attraction and is fully kitted out in regalia. One of Scotlands finest castles.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Necro69uk

Fantastic pictures. Thanks for posting. But Eilean Donan Castle is not abandoned, it is a thriving tourist attraction and is fully kitted out in regalia. One of Scotlands finest castles.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the correction!

For Christmas I bought my husband a foot of land in a Scottish castle. They were selling the square foot to raise money for restoring the castle....you got a nice certificate saying you were a Scottish Laird because you owned a piece of the land. I don't know about the legality of the "Laird" title, but it was a neat idea to raise money and a cool gift. I have a fascination with all things Scottish, so it worked for me. And my husband got to go to his students and tell him he was a "Laird" and what that meant.

I would love to visit this castle someday. It is breathtakingly beautiful.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The Hotel Del Salto looks like it would be the perfect location to shoot a horror film.

new topics

top topics

join