It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel strikes Arms Depot near Damascus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I believe this is breaking but Debka and Al Jazeera are both reporting that Israel has just launched an air strike against a military research centre facility near Damascus.

Tie this in with the earlier thread that US had given Israel the green light to launch air attacks and that Israel had launched an earlier attack against a truck full of weapons bound for (they believe) Hezbollah - things are hotting up.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Things are heating up indeed. Thanks for breaking this, wow!

The Syrian army has said that Israeli jets crossed into Syria below the radar level at dawn and hit a military research centre in Jamraya, near Damascus. "Israeli fighter jets violated our airspace at dawn today and carried out a direct strike on a scientific research centre in charge of raising our level of resistance and self-defence," the army's general command said in a statement carried by state news agency SANA on Wednesday evening. The strike came "after terrorist groups made several failed attempts in the past months to take control of the site," the statement added of rebel groups fighting the regime of President Bashar al-Assad. Israeli warplanes entered Syrian airspace via Mount Hermon, or Jabal el-Sheikh in Arabic, the army said. "They... carried out an act of aggression, bombarding the site, causing large-scale material damage and destroying the building," state television quoted the military as saying. The army added that two site workers were killed in the strike.

www.aljazeera.com...
edit on 30-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

That's two strikes in a matter of hours, if I know the IDF then there are more coming in the next few hours..This could really heat up shortly.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
How does this get taken off front page, but a post about peanut butter proving evolution theory is wrong is on there???

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
between this news, and other unrelated threads where people cant tell their arse and their elbow, ATS has kinda tested my resolve today.

while this news has depressed me and shaken the faith in humans that i try to keep as chipper as possible, thanks for sharing this.

as already said by others, this is most likely just the tip of the iceberg, one that i fell israel has been chomping at the bit to get stuck into for way too long, and ofc the US and UK govts couldnt give a fig about.

i feel sick
edit on 30-1-2013 by skalla because: typo/clarity

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightlyCurious
How does this get taken off front page, but a post about peanut butter proving evolution theory is wrong is on there???

Its user driven... now you know what REALLY matters to the average ATSer..

ON TOPIC

I guess those who have wringing their hands in some sick anticipation looking for a bloodbath to satisfy their hunger for more tragedy.. might just get their wish pretty soon.

Regional security officials said Israel had been planning in the days leading up to the airstrike to hit a shipment of weapons bound for Hezbollah, Lebanon's most powerful military force and a sworn enemy of the Jewish state.

www.usatoday.com...

Then let Israel fight it this time... take the training wheels off. We have contributed to this idiocy enough. **grumble grumble**

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i ponder how much an involvement the US will have, or just let Israel do the dirty work for them

a Favour for a Favour?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
update:

The Syrian military has confirmed that Israeli jets have carried out an air strike on its territory, but denied reports that lorries carrying weapons bound for Lebanon were hit. It said in a statement that the target was a military research centre northwest of the capital Damascus. Two people were killed and five injured in the attack, it said.

reports of an israeli air strike in a syrian suburb in damascus,

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
And if Assad was to retaliate, which I believe he is entitled to do, he would be denounced and called the devil. But he knows this and so does the rest of the world, including Israel which will continue to do this with impunity.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
But the attack implies that Israel feels compelled to join the battle -- not to protect either side in the Syrian conflict but rather to protect its own security. And this move would send a clear message to Israel’s ultimate enemy, the regional power that backs both the Syrian regime and Hezbollah: Iran.

Iran has long threatened to destroy Israel, and Hezbollah is part of its arsenal. Israel choking off the supply of weapons to Hezbollah limits Iran’s future threat against Israel.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

I am interested to see how this is going to play out.
Is this Israels way to get Iran to make a move?

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im2keul

Iran has long threatened to destroy Israel, and Hezbollah is part of its arsenal. Israel choking off the supply of weapons to Hezbollah limits Iran’s future threat against Israel.
So, Israel committing an Act of War Against Syria, is OK, because Iran MIGHT commit an Act Against Israel.

Your Logic is Funny.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar
And if Assad was to retaliate, which I believe he is entitled to do, he would be denounced and called the devil. But he knows this and so does the rest of the world, including Israel which will continue to do this with impunity.

He knows that if he retaliates he's done. Iran aint gonna help, they never help their allies except for limited proxy dancing. Russia is not gonna come running, they are basically allies of the west. Too much $$ on the line.

It's time for him to either sh1t or get off the pot, status quo is unacceptable

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What would be the 'Need' to attack a research center? that is what should be the focus, more smoke and mirrors?

regardless it was in Syria, an unprovoked attack is an aggressive attack

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Nooo. The top part was a quote from the link I provided, apologies for the lack of navigational skills on my part.

My question was could Israel be kinda nudging Iran?
edit on 30-1-2013 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Let them pay for it and whatever can of worms they seem destined to open.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well it's long overdue..it has been known that many bomb components used in IED's in Iraq and Afghanistan were supplied by sources in Syria. Give a month or two and watch those attacks decline!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

What's funnier is that the rebels are extremist muslim/Al-Qaida!!!

And Israel are supporting/assisting their efforts.

What a strange world we live in!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
1. Create a religion with a prophecy that proclaims everyone will hate you and there will be a world war before your messiah comes back.

2. Create a world war by stealing land from other countries and giving the finger to the U.N.

3. ????

4. Profit.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I dont understand how IDF jets got so far into Israel and out again without being shot at. With the bombing on the convoy and earlier this week the nuclear plant in Iran. (we still dont know if it happened.) Its getting very scary in the middle east.
Feels abit like now the president and Bibi are having at it now they are back in.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

As far as I know they flew under the radar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join