It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,100 Green Berets Sign Letter Condemning Gun Control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

More than 1,100 former and current Army Special Forces troops -- Green Berets -- have reportedly put their names to a letter condemning any efforts to restrict gun ownership following the massacre of 20 students and six staff at Sandy Hill Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

www.military.com...

This is why I love my military, and every time I see one I say thank you no matter how awkward it may seem.
Even Generals have signed this! When will people listen and realize that people that know from experience are trying to warn us and stop this nonsense!

1100 Green Berets Signed this Letter We have a list of all their names and unlike any MSM outlets we can confirm that over 1100 Green Berets did sign. The list includes Special Forces Major Generals & Special Forces Command Sergeants Major down to the lowest ranking "Green Beret". The letter stands for itself. Read it and send it everywhere. Team Sergeant

Here is a link to the letter.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I guess we know where they stand for any attempts to confiscate weapons, as some fear U.S. troops would participate in. Unless they are shoveled so deep in B.S. during a full blow crisis of epic scale? I've never bought into the idea our own troops (Our friends, neighbors and family for goodness sake) would ever do that to us.

It sure feels good to hear them come out and say something like this to confirm their general mindset on the matter though. I imagine if the political power tried and the Special Forces among others just flat laughed and walked away? The lower ranks would follow their lead, feel good about doing it and turn their backs as well.

Go Green Beret and Go Army! (Sorry Navy, they got ya on this one.
)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I guess we know where they stand for any attempts to confiscate weapons, as some fear U.S. troops would participate in. Unless they are shoveled so deep in B.S. during a full blow crisis of epic scale?

This may be true hence the push for drones over our skies cut out the human factor and pretty much anything and everything can be done, and the propaganda arms spins it.

The Us federal government is a clear and present danger to civilian and military serviceman alike these days.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Good thing Green Berets don't make or interpret the laws.

If they fail to enforce the law, they are susceptible to dishonorable discharge.

Before you take an Oath, know what it says.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0

More than 1,100 former and current Army Special Forces troops -- Green Berets -- have reportedly put their names to a letter condemning any efforts to restrict gun ownership following the massacre of 20 students and six staff at Sandy Hill Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

www.military.com...

This is why I love my military, and every time I see one I say thank you no matter how awkward it may seem.
Even Generals have signed this! When will people listen and realize that people that know from experience are trying to warn us and stop this nonsense!

1100 Green Berets Signed this Letter We have a list of all their names and unlike any MSM outlets we can confirm that over 1100 Green Berets did sign. The list includes Special Forces Major Generals & Special Forces Command Sergeants Major down to the lowest ranking "Green Beret". The letter stands for itself. Read it and send it everywhere. Team Sergeant

Here is a link to the letter.

Now with all these threads about will our boys in the Armed Forces firing upon their own kind~ I was seriously getting urked by the amount of people who blatently think our armed forces would. (Not saying we don't have brainwashed boys w/ guns nor the fact that some of them might, but not all)

Reading this just affirms what i've been hearing from some our boys, Not on the forums. And that is what this forum is all about.

S&F good find~

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

"it is our considered opinion that reducing magazine capacity from 30 rounds to 10 rounds will only require an additional 6 -8 seconds to change two empty 10-round magazines with full magazines.

"Would an increase of 6 -8 seconds make any real difference to the outcome in a mass shooting incident? In our opinion it would not."

6 -8 seconds hmm doesn't seem like that long but I bet!

I could run out of a Large Room, in less time or Rush a shooter, or pull out a gun of my own in less time, or dial 911, or...

just thought I would mention that...
edit on 30-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Geez, if it take the Greenies 6-8 seconds to swap a mag their training is horrible.

I'm just a recreational shooter and even in a competition I can insert a new mag before the empty hits the ground.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Geez, if it take the Greenies 6-8 seconds to swap a mag their training is horrible.

I'm just a recreational shooter and even in a competition I can insert a new mag before the empty hits the ground.

He said two mags I think man. That is pretty fast I guess. Or maybe it is standard? I really don't know.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0

He said two mags I think man. That is pretty fast I guess. Or maybe it is standard? I really don't know.

Yeah, that doesnt really make sense.

Do they mean 6-8 seconds to empty and change two magazines? If so there goes the notion that one would rush the shooter or run from teh building or call 911 while bullets are flying.

The way its worded doesnt make sense to me.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Ah so a smaller magazine would do little to slow you down other then carrying more mags...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I didnt know that the US had green barets. I actually though that was from
France. Those guys are wack. I know a couple that joined just to avoid
Serious jail time in their own country. Apparently the french will give
You a fake name and clean passport onve you complete a certain amount of
Time with them. Classic bunch.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty
I didnt know that the US had green barets. I actually though that was from
France. Those guys are wack. I know a couple that joined just to avoid
Serious jail time in their own country. Apparently the french will give
You a fake name and clean passport onve you complete a certain amount of
Time with them. Classic bunch.

Just goes to show you no one wants to join the French military I guess.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Good thing Green Berets don't make or interpret the laws.

If they fail to enforce the law, they are susceptible to dishonorable discharge.

Before you take an Oath, know what it says.

Defend the Constitution against all enemies is what it says..
Or did you take the oath too?

Drones in our skies and infringing on the 2nd amendment is against the constitution, therefore the oath WE took says that we must disobey any order that goes against the highest law..

I swear to defend the constitution against ALL enemies.

Those guys know what's up.. I wonder if I know some of them?
edit on 1/30/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have a feeling the green berets will be ok
Here is an Army shooter here.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Ah so a smaller magazine would do little to slow you down other then carrying more mags...

That's all a mag limit could accomplish.

Instead of three 30 rounders I'd carry ten 10 rounders. Assuming of course that I couldnt find or manufacture 30 rounders of my own. Swap time is the same. Maybe over the course of firing the swapping would add up to an extra 10 seconds of down time.

Meanwhile the cops will be there in 20 minutes or so.

Even a revolver with some moon clips wouldnt leave much down time.

If we look back on these incidents there isnt exactly an abundance of heroes charging the shooters. Most people just hide. Watching the footage from Columbine those two psychos spent a lot of time casually walking around without opposition.

Mag limits wouldnt accomplish anything but a false sense of having done something.

ETA Revolver reload vid:

edit on 30-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

I noticed he's using the thumb pointing technique too. Not bad for a Corporal

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Recently, many americans will find that the print media is hell out on supporting gun control, with talking heads as well as numerous sob stories of victims dead by guns, even elected officials telling their own sob stories.

No one will deny the tragedy of death which every human will share, for each life is precious and means something special to another, BUT had the media been HONEST with its reporting? Was gun or the barbaric nature of humans' propensity to violence the cause?

Unfortunately, and STRANGELY, the talking heads chosed to blame guns. Is someone on Earth trying to disarm civilians from having easy to use weapons to protect themselves, and the foolish disneyland inhabitants liberals fanatics believing gun bans will end violence?

The rabid fanatic anti-gun lobbies had long lost on logic, reason and even the rule of law for self and national protection. Yet they persists, even resorting to using the emotion card.

Are they trying to force the issue to disarm americans and destroy the sacred Constitution? Only tyrants would do such a thing, to force imposition upon citizens when all else fails.

If it is a fight, then a fight it will be, BUT more intelligently done - through the power of the masses, by telling the TRUTH to each family member, relative and friends, that restricting guns will NOT end violence, but may even endanger everyone as criminals and tyrants will be the ones who will have the means to threaten and kill.

And to get rid of the traitors of the sacred Constitution by media personalities espacially from mainstream ones - boycott BOTH newspapers and any advertisers that funds them, and let them acknowledge the true power of the masses.

WIthout funds, they will bankrupt and start behaving as normal humans and not presume themselves gods on earth, to decide how and what a human should behave, but support the ones who stand on the side of the masses, truths and realities.

May the print media knows which SIDE their bread is buttered. The masses only wants truth and honest reports, and not talking head nonsensical babbles irrelevant to issues or worse, serving personal or sinisterly paid agendas.

'De Opresso Libre' is the motto of the green berets, with an illustrious but secret history of acheivements for decades fighting tyranny on foreign lands. May tyrants, including the tyrannical small minded deluded intolerant taliban anti-gun liberals not mess with patriotic americans whom had believed what the sacred Constitution stands for and served the nation with much honor.
edit on 30-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
"Fighting soldiers from the sky"
"Fearless men who jump and die"
"Men who mean just what they say"
"The brave men of the Green Beret"

First Stanza, The Ballad of the Green Berets, SSgt Barry Sadler

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

My buddy's in a foxhole,
A bullet in his head,
Some say he's wounded,
but I know that he's dead,

edit on 1/30/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Mag limits wouldnt accomplish anything but a false sense of having done something.

ETA Revolver reload vid:

edit on 30-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

That is actually my point I honestly think this is all a charade played by Gun manufactures to increase sales. There are far to many gun owners for a gun grab so why not make tons of cash after a horrible incident.

There is a bunch of sabre rattling but when it comes to down to what was accomplished the consumer again lost out and lined the pockets of the Rich.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join