It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst.Superbowl.Ever..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Rumor has it, it is not pretty.

Rumor has it, the trial has been over for more than a decade and only people who don't like the Ravens clutch onto it as if it is still important.

sorry Raven's fans.

Why would you be sorry to Ravens fans? We won.

Maybe the suit was buried with Jimmy Hoffa

And maybe now that the best inside linebacker to ever play has retired, people can let their jealousy subside.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The refs gave it to the Ravens. They were clearly holding onto Vernin Davis and Michael Crabtree at the end. It's an absolute joke. All I can say against The 49ers is that Kaep or Gore should have had the chance to run once they were on the 7 yard line and then the 49ers would be the Superbowl Champions. So, Refs blew it, but the 49ers play calling there was terrible. It is what it is though, it's history now. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I almost changed the channel. But when the 49ers were making a comeback, I got excited. Really wanted to see them win. I don't know. I'm a Giants fan and maybe I'm still bitter about the super-bowl loss to the Ravens. Also, there seemed to be all these new Ravens fans popping up everywhere, which kind of got on my nerves. I do respect Flacco though, I think he's a good dude. I live about one town over from Audobon, NJ, where he's from. After they won, they had fire trucks and sirens going until about 1 am over there in celebration.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Despite what Jim Harbaugh has to say, there were plenty of no calls for the 49ers too. How about the pass interference play earlier in the game that prevented Torrey Smith from catching a deep pass that would have went for a touchdown or at the very least, big yardage. Or the late hit out of bounds against Joe Flacco towards the end of the game? Heck even on that controversial play with the alleged holding, Crabtree was also pushing off so he could have gotten Offensive Pass Interference. Not to mention that pass was uncatchable anyways. It has been said that the refs who officiated that game have a reputation for letting the players play and tend to not call as many penalties. The blame for that loss lies squarely on Jim Harbaugh for not calling a run play even ONCE during that last set of 4 downs.

reply to post by nixie_nox

As for Ray Lewis, he was acquitted! Heck he wasn't even the one charged with the murder, he was just in the vicinity. Why do people still care about this? Not to mention if you knew anything about Ray Lewis, you'd know that he changed his entire outlook on life after that incident and stopped running with a bad crowd, thanks to Ozzie Newsome (the man who made the Ravens what they are). To strip any awards, records, stats, or the hall of fame (because lets face it the man is guaranteed to be accepted as soon as he is eligible) from him for this event would constitute some sort of guilt. Since he was acquitted, the only way that could occur is through a retrial and that would mean double jeopardy.

I absolutely HATE the Steelers, and that team has Ben Rothlisburger who allegedly raped someone. However he too was acquitted, so I'm not going to hate on the man and try to have records stripped from him or awards that he may receive while playing football. I may make jokes about the situation (which in all fairness I'd expect you to do the same about Lewis), but I'm not going to use that as grounds to strip his accomplishments.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
All I can say against The 49ers is that Kaep or Gore should have had the chance to run once they were on the 7 yard line and then the 49ers would be the Superbowl Champions.

Exactly. Why wouldn't Roman just run it 4 times if needed. If the Ravens could stop Kap and Frank 4 times they deserve the win. I thought it was a damn good game. Not thrilled with the outcome but still a damn good game.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
The blame for that loss lies squarely on Jim Harbaugh for not calling a run play even ONCE during that last set of 4 downs.

Actually Greg Roman the OC calls the offensive plays but I totally agree. Not once 4 TIMES imo. Run the damn ball. That's what they are good at. He over thought it.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Haters gonna hate...haha! I know you all wish Ray Lewis actually commited the murders that way it would take some pressure off Rapistburger. Sorry but that's what it sounds like from some of you guys.

Ray Lewis was never brought up on charges of murder nor did the investigators actually think that was the case. The issue was he was protecting someone who was involved, which he later pleaded guilty on an obstruction of justice charge.

Anyway, Steelers have won how many Superbowls? You can't win them all, so give credit where credits due. The Ravens had one hell of a ride this year and fought against all impossibilities, it was just their time!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join