It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would US Military Fire Upon US Military? Is Perhaps A More Pertinent Question!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead

Originally posted by jaynkeel

reply to post by LennayTheUndead

I could see peoples apprehension on the subject. Has it really been that long ago that we forgot about WWII and what happened to average citizens then, it wasn't that long ago. What happened to the military then? They followed orders just as they are still doing right now. I love em and fully support them but one always has to keep a cautious eye open when it comes to people following orders for a paycheck.

Maybe you'd like to enlighten me on what soldiers (in vast amounts) did wrong during World War II? And I'm sorry, I'm a veteran...and even I get sick of the "have we forgotten WW2!?!?!" shpeel....no, I haven't forgotten WWII. I know it played an incredibly large role in the history of not just our country, but the world. That being said, My dad was about 3 when it "ended"....so no. I didn't "forget" about WWII, as there is nothing for me to "forget"....
edit on 30-1-2013 by LennayTheUndead because: (no reason given)

We will start with the detention camps right here on our soil for one. 3.2.1. GO. Explain.

Yeah? Would you like to show me one of these "detention" camps? Seems as how the military is the pseudo "enemy" we would be able to validate, support and agree with this claim...correct?

Are we talking about WWII detention camps or the alleged FEMA camps?

FEMA camps. What do WWII detention camps have to do with the 98 percent of the military that had nothing to do with them?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Resorting to calling me names now cause you can't even face yourself in the mirror.

Sad.

Delusional.

You are the one speaking of taking the gloves off....I just assumed you meant you were tough..
edit on 30-1-2013 by LennayTheUndead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

The same social psychology you speak of that makes it so easy to go along with the group especially with an authority over you, means that when someone like me goes against the predicted outcome I become a leader... If I can pull off looking more Alpha than anyone around (which is easy if you hate authority) then I have to be followed..

There are people like me who grew up hating authority from day one.. Even though I was in the Army, I knew how to disguise my eyes to look blank as they were supposed to, but I kept a lot of energy behind them in reserve..

For those who don't know there is a reason they call them Dog tags.. Trained wolf packs... But wolves have a funny thing when their leader starts seeming wonky.. They replace him.

edit on 1/30/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Star for you . . . Exactly why they would go against their own.

Lennay . . . with the digital vitriol between you and TA, if he was labled the subversive element trying to undermine this country . . . ? . . . Hmmm?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Britguy

Lennay . . . with the digital vitriol between you and TA, if he was labled the subversive element trying to undermine this country . . . ? . . . Hmmm?

I would do nothing because he is wrong? And he's entitled to be wrong? Seems fairly simple to me...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Britguy

He's an agent trying to derail his own thread..

Just kidding TA, I love you man. Truly.

Hey, American brother (TA), I have some words from lupe fiasco...

Complain about the gloom but when’d you pick a broom up?
Just listening to Pac ain't gone make it stop
A rebel in your thoughts, ain't gon make it halt
If you don’t become an actor you’ll never be a factor

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I don't know . . . that's why I asked for clarification, since WWII was referenced. If it's FEMA . . . nothing to comment on.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'm with Lanny on this one, TA, do you have SOLID, 100% PROOF these alleged FEMA detention camps exist?
Don't give me a link to some conspiracy page that thinks some place is a FEMA camp, I want proof, guards, detainees, etc

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Maybe . . . but, it would have to be a pretty prominent dissenter to replace an authority figure who commands a whole nation. A regular rank and file guy, even somewhat high officer, would just be labled part of the outgoup.

As I said, I'd rather your view be right than mine, if it ever progressed to that point in this country. Don't really think we are anywhere near there now.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I'm with Lanny on this one, TA, do you have SOLID, 100% PROOF these alleged FEMA detention camps exist?
Don't give me a link to some conspiracy page that thinks some place is a FEMA camp, I want proof, guards, detainees, etc

What many fail to realize is that these camps DO EXIST, as per our government plan for too many illegal immigrants from Mexico.. There are real legit documents from the Government on this.. Look into Rex 84 if you so please.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

What many fail to realize is that these camps DO EXIST, as per our government plan for too many illegal immigrants from Mexico.. There are real legit documents from the Government on this.. Look into Rex 84 if you so please.

AGAIN....where's the real 100% solid proof? Got pics of one? Know someone that was allegedly detained in one?
Where is it located

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

WHERE in my OP are FEMA detention camps mentioned? Huh? WHERE?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Ok I worded it wrong for you. Follow the link, it was a random 5 second search no agenda here. www.historyonthenet.com...

The camps were guarded by military personnel

And before you go all willy nilly on me or we go any further I need to say a few more things. Yes WW2 is a passion of mine, I have watched, read numerous articles about it. I am the first to remind the people who bitch about the atomic bomb drop about the Battan death march, about the real story behind the bridge on the river Kwai. Not to mention the horrors our captured soldiers had to endure on failed bombing runs over mainland Japan. I am not trying to openly bash our service men and women, but like TA has said some things need to be addressed and said. Don't you stand there for one moment and tell me about not following unjust orders, because the vast majority of enlistees do that very thing upto and including today and thats the problem many of us have, thats the topic at hand here if I am correct. These things I have listed are the very things that do scare the average citizen late at night, because of our past mistakes. And I know I am not alone in my questioning, my father served 15yrs in the Air Force and even he has doubts when push comes to shove about people walking out on orders that would put our homeland in a bad spot.
As always Thank You for your service and I mean that.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I'm sorry TA, that was jnkeel that said these alleged camps exist not you, I apologize

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Ok I worded it wrong for you. Follow the link, it was a random 5 second search no agenda here. www.historyonthenet.com...

The camps were guarded by military personnel

And before you go all willy nilly on me or we go any further I need to say a few more things. Yes WW2 is a passion of mine, I have watched, read numerous articles about it. I am the first to remind the people who bitch about the atomic bomb drop about the Battan death march, about the real story behind the bridge on the river Kwai. Not to mention the horrors our captured soldiers had to endure on failed bombing runs over mainland Japan. I am not trying to openly bash our service men and women, but like TA has said some things need to be addressed and said. Don't you stand there for one moment and tell me about not following unjust orders, because the vast majority of enlistees do that very thing upto and including today and thats the problem many of us have, thats the topic at hand here if I am correct. These things I have listed are the very things that do scare the average citizen late at night, because of our past mistakes. And I know I am not alone in my questioning, my father served 15yrs in the Air Force and even he has doubts when push comes to shove about people walking out on orders that would put our homeland in a bad spot.
As always Thank You for your service and I mean that.

Okay you're talking about WWII, where's the proof these exist and running now?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Dustytoad

Maybe . . . but, it would have to be a pretty prominent dissenter to replace an authority figure who commands a whole nation. A regular rank and file guy, even somewhat high officer, would just be labled part of the outgoup.

As I said, I'd rather your view be right than mine, if it ever progressed to that point in this country. Don't really think we are anywhere near there now.

I do it all the time.. I replace the TV with my views..
I replace PC Funny with my funny..
I replace social acceptable limits with broader limits..

When I was in the Army I started discussions about these very issues and made sure I had allies.. This is KEY. You don't start the adversarial position out of nowhere. You psychologically affect all those around you and sew your seeds.. This would never work against truth, but only for it. It's not so easy as I am saying it, but I really have said too much already as a former Army dude.

There is a lot of discontent to a level civilians would break down.. People think military is blank slaves, but it's not like that.. They train you like a rushing river just below a sheet of ice.. The potential energy is there with the right ice piercing cause..

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Kent State comes to mind. Our civil war once it got going demonstrated a very nasty edge. Letting POWs rot to death, both sides did this and rounding up non-combatants to rot in POW camps.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Britguy

I would do nothing because he is wrong? And he's entitled to be wrong? Seems fairly simple to me...

The directive at that point wouldn't be to do nothing . . . if US soldiers were on soil and supressing citizens it would be martial law or insurrection. He would be the enemy . . . the problem.

For the record . . . I wouldn't expect you, or anyone else, to say different. Nobody will say they will because everyone believes they are a moral person and don't always follow orders. It's normal to think that of yourself, as well as, normal to act in the exact opposite when in the position to carry out orders. It's science man . . . you can't fight it. LEO's demonstrate this principal at every public assembly or protest . . . they even come expecting it, in full gear. Just as our military would. Our government and your leaders know this full well . . . they sponsered most of the studies that prove it.
edit on 1/30/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I don't know . . . that's why I asked for clarification, since WWII was referenced. If it's FEMA . . . nothing to comment on.

It just seems ironic that someone would accuse soldiers of "inaction" when civilians are already killing each other every day. Criminals kill each other every day. Cops have killed one another. Politicians have killed one another. Military members have already killed one another....it's always "would the military turn their guns against us" with this crowd....like it's as simple as "kill those unarmed citizens exercising the rights you are sworn to protect..."....to accuse any soldier of being despicable (other than those few and far between who are) for their "inaction" (which is an opinion he is by all means entitled to, even if it's stupid), is self-defeating....the question was asked. A 10 year veteran (a lifer, if you will) is telling you that in my walk of life in the military, I would venture to guess I've met a handful, out of hundreds upon hundreds of soldiers (we are talking maybe 5 or 6 when I say handful) who would follow an order simply because it was an order (Abu Gharab? Haditha? It's not like soldiers aren't aware of these situations....piss poor examples of human beings exist everywhere, not just in the military)...I'm not very religious, but I believe in something. My son and daughter are the most important people in the world to me. My country comes right after them (and I'm not exactly pleased with everything America myself....started with *gasp* my Commander in Chief...hell, I didn't necessarily agree with either war in Iraq or Afghanistan. I found what good I could find in Iraq and I made that MY mission...to help people, and come home to MY family...) After that I have an interest in my community. I look out for my neighbors and they look out for me. My education matters to me. My health matters to me. My friends matter to me. I play Magic the Freakin' Gathering, World Of Warcraft and COD. I play darts when I'm not working, at school, at drill, or with my son. I have trouble sleeping at night so I watch netflix until the sun comes up, and I bang my head against my desk every morning because some idiot is telling me who/what I am because of my affiliation with the Army, or telling me "how the Army works", and 99.9 percent of the time, it's some moron, who's never served a day in their life, with nothing to base an opinion off of other than the nonsense they saw in a movie or read in a book, or some stupid blog on the internet, that was written by some other lockjawed, tin foil hat wearing loony toon....For the love of God dude....outside of my haircut and boots....you'd never know I served a day in the Army unless I told you about it. I'm no different than anyone else....I'm certainly not anybody's "enemy"...Even when I was deployed to Iraq...when we went on missions, being someone's enemy was avoided whenever it could be...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

reply to post by TrueAmerican

I'm sorry TA, that was jnkeel that said these alleged camps exist not you, I apologize

Hey numnutz I never said fema camps exist.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join