It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon UFO Footage Captured by Astronaut Edgar Mitchell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It definitely doesn't appear to be dust. It could however be some glare on the LM window or camera lens.

I see no evidence of it casting a shadow on the lunar surface, as some have pointed out.

Here's another source for the video. The frames in question start around the 12:01 point.

Source

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
It definitely doesn't appear to be dust. It could however be some glare on the LM window or camera lens.

I see no evidence of it casting a shadow on the lunar surface, as some have pointed out.

Here's another source for the video. The frames in question start around the 12:01 point.

Source

I see a shadow here:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Instead of dancing with shadows and dust, why not rely on the description by Edgar Mitchell. He never saw anything he would call a 'UFO' on his spaceflight, or any other time in his life, and he doesn't know of any other astronauts who did on spaceflights while he was with NASA.

What is so difficult to understand about that?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

The dark spot at the bottom of the blip doesn't seem consistent with how a shadow would behave with the low sunlight angles seen in the craters.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Instead of dancing with shadows and dust, why not rely on the description by Edgar Mitchell. He never saw anything he would call a 'UFO' on his spaceflight, or any other time in his life, and he doesn't know of any other astronauts who did on spaceflights while he was with NASA.

I was just pointing out something I found. That is all. If he says he never saw anything, then I believe him.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Because it's possible that some evidence exists out there somewhere that the astronauts didn't notice. After all, their primary mission was not to look for UFO's. That's why it's OK to examine shadows and dust.

What is so difficult to understand about that, ya big bully?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Not sure if photobucket img link will work - if it does, here's a gif:

If it doesn't work, here's the link: i1322.photobucket.com...

It looks like a fleck of dust, but a moving one.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

I made this point a few posts back, Jim:

"I did, however just have a quick look at Mitchell's entry on Wiki and it states that in May, 1996, in a 3-hour interview with Art Bell on the Coast to Coast radio program he stated that "there were no anomalies seen on Apollo 14 suggesting extra-terrestrial life." This would suggest to me that whatever is shown in that video Mitchell knew it wasn't a UFO."

Nobody listens!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by goochball
If you watch it in fullscreen, it becomes a slightly less ridiculous claim. The first several seconds it appears, it's not moving exactly with the lunar module, so I don't think it's a spec on the glass...at least not a stationary spec. Also, it looks to be casting a shadow on the terrain in some parts of the video. Could be an illusion...I don't know.
very slightly. less than 1 tenth of 1 percent or less. no shadow although I can imagine one.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

So I watched it in full screen and can only come to one conclusion,

It's a speck on the camera.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Because it's possible that some evidence exists out there somewhere that the astronauts didn't notice. After all, their primary mission was not to look for UFO's. That's why it's OK to examine shadows and dust.
What is so difficult to understand about that, ya big bully?

Let me bully you into reading this 1970 NASA report, in case you are assuming nobody before you thought to examine Apollo external video. The report might provide some insights into how seriously they were taken, and what they probably were showing.

www.jamesoberg.com...

Anybody else ever show you this? Maybe you ought to keep company with bullies more often.

It can be mind-opening.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Let me bully you into reading this 1970 NASA report, in case you are assuming nobody before you thought to examine Apollo external video. The report might provide some insights into how seriously they were taken, and what they probably were showing.

I did not assume that. My comment was meant to be more general than specific, but I think you knew that.

Maybe you ought to keep company with bullies more often.

It can be mind-opening.

No thanks. I prefer not only to open my mind, but rather to keep it open for more than brief periods of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join