It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67

Originally posted by wildespace

Originally posted by crystalLibra
(Sky and marshmallow posts)

The "sky" comment was valid. When you only say "I saw something in the sky, what is it?" and post a picture of a blurry blob, there isn't much anyone can do to help you. The sky is big, and as the Earth rotates on its axis, celestial objects change position. What you see in the sky also depends on your location on Earth. So knowing where you are, what time you took the picture, and in what direction you were looking, are extremely helpful in identifying the object.

That said, I ran Stellarium set for Pennsylvania and the time specified by OP, and I have nothing in NW. Jupiter was in the west, so if we approximate the time and direction of view even more, that could have been Jupiter.

I advise the OP and everybody else who haven't done so, to download and use Stellarium. www.stellarium.org...

Also see this stickied topic: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-1-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

There's not much I can do if I only have a picture of a blurry blob. The object was faraway and hard to catch. It took quite a bit for my camera to focus on the object. I have stellarium, but didn't have access to it.

We're trying to help you in your solicitation of an answer.

Where was this photo taken, when, and what direction were you facing at the time?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nquisitive

I already posted the information in response to Phage.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I already posted the information in response to Phage.

So you did, I'll ask my astronomer buddy for more info.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Remember though, I didn't claim it was an alien spacecraft or anything. I wasn't "excited" by my picture. I was simply wondering what it was. I found something of interest and then posted it here to get more information on it. I tend to leave out information by accident. If people detect that, they can simply ask for the information, rather than making sarcastic remarks. It seems more effective and efficient on energy use on doing that, instead of making those remarks.

I don't think many who replied would have thought it was an alien spacecraft, giving as much info as possible helps after all the title is "What is this?" so did it not occur to you to give a such information as possible to help with your question , giving all the info in the first place is more efficient considering a world wide membership base on here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join