It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cairns council votes to dump fluoride

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
One city down and millions to go but it is gathering momentum for sure.
When we go to the dentist we always get free toothbrushes and it makes you wonder who is giving these brushes to the dentist?

We both refuse the Fluoride treatment and no matter how many times we do they still push it and frown when we tell them to bugger off period.
Great thread and S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by comfortablynumb

Though the Australian Dental Association has warned that would cause major dental health problems.

Why is it that around 95% of the worlds population does not practice water fluoridation? Why is it that multiple studies have consistently shown that people of unfluoridated nations have teeth which are not measurably worse than people living in fluoridated nations? Why do I need to ingest fluoride when ingesting it does nothing? Why can't I protect my own teeth by using toothpaste which contains high grade pharmaceutical fluoride and not toxic waste scraped from smoke stacks?

It also only seems to be REALLY due to the cost of fluoridation and not because of "involuntary medication" but still the sheer fact that "involuntary medication" is being said in a MSM article definitely gives credit to the people or "conspiracy nuts" who have been talking about this for decades.

We never needed credibility from the MSM in the first place... it is involuntary medication any way you look at it. I don't want it in my tap water yet I have no choice. That makes it involuntary. Fluoride is proven to have active neurological effects and other biological effects. That makes it a medication.
edit on 29/1/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

You said it all, and then some and many thanks for a brilliant post.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Dont know about where you are, but in the uk toothpaste has a warning on it.
"Warning, contians fluoride. If swallowed seek medical help"

Now why would they write that on it?

It seems one glass of tap water contains about three times the amount in a pea sized lump of toothpaste!!

And yet....people will still come on here and tell us were all nuts, well thats probably because we've had TOO MUCH FLUORIDE.
edit on 29-1-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

You are correct, I noticed the do not swallow toothpaste signs in my Doctors office starting about 15 years ago and asked him about it.

He told me plain and simple the stuff can do serious harm to you.

It took about 10 years time after that warning from my doctor and our own city's refusal to even hold a vote on the removal of this known toxin from our water supply to get our own personal water cleaner.

That's right I post this in every Fluoride thread that I happen upon here.
We use Jason Powersmile toothpaste which is fluoride free.
Get a 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis system and you will never be happier.......trust us on this one.

It removes almost everything in the water but the water itself!
You will get people telling you that it is dangerous because of the lack of minerals in our water.
You will get neighbours who drink Cola like its the last can on earth telling you that you are nuts.
You will get friends and neighbours to do a taste and smell test and every one of them have been mightily impressed with the results.

You will get crystal clear ice cubes and you will get pasta that cooks without the need for any oil in the water.
You will sleep at night knowing you took matters into your own hands after ingesting this crap for decades.
Just google a 5 stage Reverse Osmosis system to see how good they work.
If your water pressure is good there are no moving parts involved just filters.

Never looking back here.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 30-1-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Exactly. Forced medication. (alleged medication). How on earth have we convinced ourselves in this instance not having control of the measurement is okay, but it's critical to have that control in other medications?

This reminds me of Fact #2 on FluoridealertDOTorg site

Excellent post and that is all I can say.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
Windsor Canada just stopped Fluoride..!! at the same time...
2 wins in one week..

The scumbags at Pew Institute must be fuming..
edit on 30-1-2013 by R_Clark because: grammar

I am envious of your new found freedom from fluoride there in Windsor.
Our city refused to even hold a vote on the issue.....(Population about 75,000 thousand)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

It seems one glass of tap water contains about three times the amount in a pea sized lump of toothpaste!!

And yet....people will still come on here and tell us were all nuts, well thats probably because we've had TOO MUCH FLUORIDE.

You are correct, I noticed the do not swallow toothpaste signs in my Doctors office starting about 15 years ago and asked him about it.

He told me plain and simple the stuff can do serious harm to you.

It took about 10 years time after that warning from my doctor and our own city's refusal to even hold a vote on the removal of this known toxin from our water supply to get our own personal water cleaner.

That's right I post this in every Fluoride thread that I happen upon here.
We use Jason Powersmile toothpaste which is fluoride free.
Get a 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis system and you will never be happier.......trust us on this one.

It removes almost everything in the water but the water itself!
You will get people telling you that it is dangerous because of the lack of minerals in our water.
You will get neighbours who drink Cola like its the last can on earth telling you that you are nuts.
You will get friends and neighbours to do a taste and smell test and every one of them have been mightily impressed with the results.

You will get crystal clear ice cubes and you will get pasta that cooks without the need for any oil in the water.
You will sleep at night knowing you took matters into your own hands after ingesting this crap for decades.
Just google a 5 stage Reverse Osmosis system to see how good they work.
If your water pressure is good there are no moving parts involved just filters.

Never looking back here.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 30-1-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

Hi Iwinder.
Yep, I've been researching reverse osmosis filters for a while now. Down south (uk) where I live they're debating the idea of putting that crap into our water supply, I know it will happen

I've seen some four stage filters that claim to remove 98% of all impurities, and as you said, no moving parts.
I'll pass on the info to my daughter about the pasta, she's totaly organic and is ALWAYS cooking pasta
Hopefuly she'll see the sense in getting one of the filters even if its just for better pasta.

We've been buying fluoride free products for several years now and they're every bit as good as the OTHER stuff, just cost little more, but small price to pay for good health.
Regards, Void.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Excellent, i sent a email to the health minist quite some time ago and she wrote back to me telling me the levels of fluoride where safe! i couldnt not believe her responce! we need to move this notion further! go nation wide!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tahnya86

Excellent, i sent a email to the health minist quite some time ago and she wrote back to me telling me the levels of fluoride where safe! i couldnt not believe her responce! we need to move this notion further! go nation wide!

Just like lead paint was declared safe years ago, DDT yep this stuff will kill bugs but not people, asbestos it is the best thing in the world, I could go on and on......what is claimed to be good today but questioned by people is sure as heck going to be bad in a few years.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

This is great news! Good news like this has become more and more rare. I do hope this becomes the new trend. Meaning a trend in good news, as well as a trend in communities taking a better look at water flouridation!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Yeah I remember hearing about that a while ago too and if the amount in one glass of tap water is that much then here we go...drink up stupid!

This truly is good news and as one of the other posters mentioned their city also got rid of it...maybe the public and some government officials (not all are bad, mmmmkay) are waking up to this.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
No it's not. They are not saying it has a negative effect, they are saying it has a positive one, but they can not involuntarily give it to people. Much like they can't help pain by putting aspirin in the water. It needs to be left up to the people how they care for themselves. Why do you think it's a huge statement?

Ummm...no, I think it is a rather huge statement; for a government (albeit local) to say that it amounts to the "involuntary medication" of residents.

LNP MP Jason Woodforth last year said there was broad backbench support for the fluoride to be outlawed completely, telling the ABC it was a proven neurotoxin.

I think this sums up the thoughts of some that it is negative. You're right, they're not all saying it is negative but the words themselves, "involuntary medication" when said by a government official with respect to fluoride in tap water, it is a big statement.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I am in the process of making a really informative fluoride thread kinda covering all the concerns and conspiracy angles. So far my research shows its positive effect with ingestion to be very minimal concerning teeth, and far outweighed by the various negative effects. I also see many many places that dont' fluoridate their water that have equal or superior dental health.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
still we have the whingers and moaners who are saying that this should have been put to the vote of the people, these same whingers forget that the state goverment made it mandatory for all municipalities with a popluation greater than 1,000 people to put fluoride in the water, there was no vote of the people to allow such a thing, yet they complain when an elected council who won with a majority do what they where elected to do and make descissions, they decided that there are too many unknowns with fluoride and chose to take the safe option by not using it, it will also save our struggling economy $300,000 dollars a year.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Anyone who seriously reads about and researches what fluoride is and what it does in higher doses would not have a bar of the dental associations rhetoric. Mercury and lead occur naturally in water but it doesn't mean Im going to add it for any perceived benefits. Its classed as a toxin destroys plants and was used as a compliance additive From Nazi Germany to now. Education is your only defense against propaganda.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
Ok so I will let the cat out of the bag.

I live in Cairns and saw this article this morning and grinned silently to myself.

We have access to a natural spring so the fluoride thing wasn't a problem.

I just think it is really good that the evidence is clear enough for the government to admit that fluoride in water is not good.

But.... Why ? It goes against the whole TPTB philosophy....

So it makes me wonder what the downside is going to be.

Because governments are not for the people........... Are they?????

I'm a former Cairns-ite myself. Cairns council has always been about greasing the wheels of commerce.

Although it's a good thing they are ditching fluoride in the water, they probably think it'll increase tooth decay in the region and thus drive more business to some new or proposed mega dental centre one of the council types has or will invest in. Money, money, money.

I'm sure Cairns aren't the only council in the country with staff/councillors receiving kickbacks from developers and big business, so using reverse psychology on them by crying "please put more fluoride in our water because we can't afford the dentist's bills" might get them to ditch the stuff out of our water.

They value solid, tangible profits more than the illusion of control over their constituents - thank God we have 3-Tiered system of government. There's no way an Australian state government would discontinue the use of fluoride. Thank you, money-grubbing tinpot local councils, you rock.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nottelling

Well they can think and hope for it to their hearts content. The lack of fluoride in the water isnt going to increase teeth problems and subsequently drive them sales!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Great stuff! I hope more cities across Oz remove fluoride from the system. I live in Sydney so sent a letter complaining about fluoride to the govt and just got a bland letter back saying "it's great for your teeth yadda yadda yadda". I have been using non-fluoride toothpaste for a while now and hoping to get a reverse osmosis water system for the kitchen at some point too.

Thanks OP for posting this!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Great stuff. I was saying to a mate just last night that a move back to FNQ was looking like the way to go for me. My local council (Redland City) is due to vote on this next month, so i'll be preparing something to send to them on this.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

"The Cairns City Council will remove fluoride from its water supply, saying it amounts to the "involuntary medication" of residents."

and the city official didnt get his yearly hand out ^^

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

HOORAY!!!! Fluoride Action Network ( F A N ). Mom and Pop grass roots movement that has grown with each year. FLUORIDE ALERT bumper stickers on our vehicles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join