It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moments of 'OMG! This isn't real!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I keep feeling like we're trying our damnedest to go nowhere as fast we we can. To that end, I feel that this time spent on earth is worthless. Kind of taking a step back and looking at that makes it feel surreal, like a miracle that turned out to be little more than unexplained science with no purpose other than to astound people and then sit around uselessly. It's that kind of paradoxical frantic stagnancy that I sense in the world. And that makes me think that even if it is real, I wouldn't care. I would still hate it. There's no point to being real if you're not going to do your best with what is real.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

WRONG.

this planet you and me and everyone else is very much "real"

however the life that you and i and everyone else leads is NOT. this isnt what we were meant to be. day in and day out..performing the same dull, monotone, gray tasks...this is meant to break our spirit, to break our very core and foundation...this is what ive been telling everyone..

that nagging little voice telling you deep down that this is all BS..no matter how much we try to shut it up..it just keeps coming back and wont go away.

At our very heart and true nature, we as humans are meant to be together, to create..we are nomads at heart our souls NEED the change we long for knowledge we always need it. but these "lives" we lead obstruct us from our true destiny..in a sense it "traps" us in an ever depressing endless cycle.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I have felt that.... many times. Still do.

When I was a kid thoughts of who am I and what is my purpose was always going through my head.

As an adult the questioning seems to come with answers.

Knowing there are other realms of realities suggest there is more than this reality and everything is a- ok.

Light is where all the action is.
edit on 29-1-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

Back in 1992 I saw Timothy Leary speak at my university. In the week prior rumors circulated that this would not be the mushroom-advocacy speech we had all anticipated, and as a result, some of us might have felt disappointed. When Timothy took the stage, he said he wanted to speak with us about the mysteris of light. It didn't disappoint and I haven't understood light in the same way since.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Here is something to think about. If it is not real does it really matter?

In other words your experiences are your own and to you they are real. But I do not have your experiences, even if you and I are in the same physical space and are witness to an event both of us have a different realization (experience) for a myriad of reasons like our opinions, background, upbringing and mood.

If I am playing on a video game or watching a movie it is not much different the experience is real even if the media is Fake...

Does that make sense? Life is and can be an illusion but it is the experience we gain and share that is the reality. It is weird to think about but makes no difference if we are in the Matrix, a video game, or a movie, we still live within the rules of said media (or reality) we still gain knowledge and experience. Why is the bigger question...

We are souls having an a Human Experience.
edit on 30-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Great, I like it.

So, here's a way to test your hypothesis:

Sell all of your unreal possessions, pull all of your unreal money from your unreal bank account, put it in a big, fat - albeit unreal - cashier's check, and send it to me. If none of it is "real," then it won't matter, right?

Oh, wrong? You're not going to do it, are you? Didn't think so.

Nothing new or novel or original here. Many misnamed philosophers have, through the ages, attempted to foist the same janglings on humanity in one form off another, but I've yet to find one who was willing to live out the practical implications.

Hence, I call b.s.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I still claim that the premise of a god is absurd

I don't think that the premise of god is absurd, simply semantically, of course:

Absurd: Adjective
1: ridiculously unreasonable, unsound, or incongruous

Absurdness is a claim of unreasonableness, or unsoundness....

Unreasonableness: Adjective
a : not governed by or acting according to reason
b : not conformable to reason

And unreasonableness is a statement of not conforming to reason.

So, to claim that the concept of god is absurd, is to claim that the concept of God is contrary to reason.

Reason: Noun
(1): the power of comprehending, inferring, or thinking especially in orderly rational ways

Basically, what I am saying, is that thinking that the concept of god is absurd, is to claim that the Concept of God is against the nature of reality.

And you don't know that.

You just believe it.

There is no rational, logical, or reasonable argument for the non-existence of God, and there never will be.

The same is true for the argument of the existence of God.

The concept of God is Beyond reason or rational, precisely because God by definition is beyond the possibility of Observation and Scientific Testing.

To claim that the Concept of God is absurd, is itself, Absurd.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I did your palm thing,
my palms startes tingling with energy,and there seemed to be some sort of magnetic force between them even though they were not directly facing each other.
What does this mean I wonder?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Oh now.... I am highly interested in what you were taught via mysteries of light. PLEASE message me and tell me all about it.

Its been an interest and study of mine for years!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

If it is not real does it really matter?
reply to post by abeverage

If its real.... it matters. Literally speaking.

even if you and I are in the same physical space and are witness to an event both of us have a different realization (experience) for a myriad of reasons like our opinions, background, upbringing and mood.

While the above is true... its also lacking a realization for the reader that each experience and or expression has an effect on the environment and people. Really anything that has an energy field (everything) effects everything else down to the subatomic level.

We are souls having an a Human Experience.

The above is oh so true but sadly the knowing has been lost in the mist.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Very well said.

There is no proof either way unless one accepts the human experience as proof.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I tried locating footage of any speech of his concerning light before I replied. Much to my disappointment I couldn't locate it. But looking a bit further, my carrot-dangling guilt located an interview where the following is quoted:

Fahey: Where are we in the process of expanding our horizons? What do you see as the next wave, or the current wave?

Leary: By "we," I assume you mean the human race; which always means individuals. The use of multimedia electronic software--CDROM discs, audiovisual disks--will put into the hands of every Third World kid, every inner-city kid in America the ability to boot up, activate, turn on their right brain, to reprogram their left brain. The use of electrons for brain-change and for brain-#ing and brain-reprogramming has been perfected in the form of the television commercial. And I totally admire a thousand years of the Catholic Church, using jewels, organs, rose windows and that sort of stuff to, uhh [pause]. What we're understanding now is that the human brain is a photovore. That means that the human brain lives on light.

His associations with the Human Potential Movement may lead you to more literature and documentation. I hope this helps!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
Perhaps you have become aware of the "now" that you exist, that everything isn't real, meaningless.

Peace

I think this is a good response. When you abandon you regrets(past), impossible comparison(future), you current "Now" will make you feel happy.

I only get that when i get mesmerized by something on my Telescope, or a natural scenery on earth.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
I awoke one day last week and felt the same. I had just been having some strange dreams though but I got an overwhelming feeling of surrealness. If such a word exists.

this happened alot just after the "matrix" movies came out...the blue pill or the red pill. this happens every time something weird or strange happens in real life, there are people that will start experiencing the same thing, that they have never mentioned before...i forgot the clinical name for the condition, but it is in the "books" and has been known of for some time.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I still claim that the premise of a god is absurd

'A' God implies that it is separate from you, or that you are separate from God. Nothing is separate and when this is truly known as a direct experience then God is realized.
edit on 30-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Thank you very much for the time it took. I will dive into it sooner than later.

I happen to agree with the quote and it made me recollect the two children I know personally who have had seizures from playing video games and watching the television at night with the lights flashing. Its not good for the brain... at all.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Somebody around here said "You are spiritual having a human experience, not the other way around!" I just don't remember who it was, but it is very logical!
edit on 30-1-2013 by 1nf1del because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

If it is not real does it really matter?
reply to post by abeverage

If its real.... it matters. Literally speaking.

The above is oh so true but sadly the knowing has been lost in the mist.

If it's real it matters? Why? It is like that old myth if you die in your dreams you die in real life. Like I said you have to play by the rules, meaning no killing or hurting others as that does matter to your experience or theirs.

But ultimately it doesn't matter because we cannot (yet) prove if this is a simulation. And even if Real is REAL lol it again wont matter to an immortal soul only the experience or learning will and only the dead know for sure and they tell no tales...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
I still claim that the premise of a god is absurd, but as a seeker of truth I have to concede this point:

There have been moments in my life (they're actually microseconds, and one of these moments happened last night) when I've been hit with the sudden realization that this isn't real. In that blink of an eye I am hit with the fact that I am not real. The house I live in is not real. The planet, and the whole universe isn't real.

I equate it to a character trapped in a movie suddenly becomes aware that the movie isn't real. He feels compelled to continue on with the dialogue and the actions, but with a nagging sense that it's all for nothing.

I am not made privy to any curtain opening and revealing another realm behind it. I don't feel a hidden purpose or sense a deeper meaning to this life. It simply feels like we could all suddenly vanish and it wouldn't make one bit of difference to anyone anywhere.

For what it's worth, feel free to post your thoughts on this.

Just think about the implications of these two statements...

1) The reason for existence is to experience the self

2) The purpose in life is to prepare to become part of the conglomerate consciousness again.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Your op really struck a chord with me. Suddenly I feel EXACTLY the same. Mostly for the past 3 days to a week. It's like I'm super lost and need to find direction, but at the same time I feel like everything is fake. My dreams almost feel more real. It's so odd. I've been experiencing headaches for the last week too.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
reply to post by jiggerj

Your op really struck a chord with me. Suddenly I feel EXACTLY the same. Mostly for the past 3 days to a week. It's like I'm super lost and need to find direction, but at the same time I feel like everything is fake. My dreams almost feel more real. It's so odd. I've been experiencing headaches for the last week too.

Sounds like the awakening is gaining more speed!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join