It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Door

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I saw this video on utube and decied to share it i found it interisting and something id like to build into my home..

Sometimes a hidden door is used to disguise a safe or a ‘panic room’ where residents can hide in an emergency..Of course a lot of things that have to be considered with a secret door such as hiding visible gaps with trim and giving the doors a comfortable swing capacity.I thought this was a very clever design with the water faucet..The best hidden doors aren’t even there to the naked eye to see..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i have always found the best way to hide something is in plain sight.

Good find op, this is a neat way to create a safe room or a storage room for your valuables.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Pretty neat. I would prefer a secret rotating bookcase that lead to some kind of sanctuary where I could hide from family and house guests. But the principle is essentially the same as a panic room. It's just that my sanctuary would have books and music and ATS and a vegetable crisper for snacks.

Pretty much--my bedroom if it were hidden and had a vegetable crisper for snacks

edit on 29-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Just hope the battery of the small unlocking button doesn't die in a moment of need.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

shaneslaughta
I agree sometimes hiding things in plain sight is the way to go..
I thought this video was a good idea for a room to hide prepping supply's in such as food ,ammunition and guns if shtf it would be hard for someone to find your supply's with a hidden door..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

NarcolepticBuddha
A rotating bookcase would be such a great idea one id love but id never be able to finance such a project as that one ..
But what a wonderful idea for a get away room all to yourself with all the special snacks and music without anyone knowing about the room but you
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Khedwulf

Khedwulf
I never thought of that happening but leave it to a ATS member to think that up
If that did happen id be in a definite panic..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

What a neat idea! Feel sorry for the girl in the video though- her secret isn't so secret anymore. I think if I took the time and expense to install something like that the last thing I'd want to do is advertise it on the internet. I really hope nobody recognizes her!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
littled16
I was thinking that myself now everyone knows about the secret door maybe it wasnt such a smart move
I hope no one realises who she is and trys to break in ..But the whole idea is a good one with the door..Thanks for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have always wanted a house with one of these! Oh to be wealthy or at least better at building...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I've always wanted one...(secret door bookcase). I have a few locations where this would work in my home, but so many projects that need to be done first, that are more important for money and time.

If for no other reason, than having more bookshelf space! It would be pretty cool though....if I ever do get to it, I'll have to post pics, etc. I know just how and where I'd put it. (basically would be into our master bedroom). There's already a small hall leading to it, so we'd just put the bookshelf in the doorway of the beginning of the hall, making it look like a built-in case.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok
Id love to have a built in secret bookcase but i know it will never happen the cost of wood is over the top right now and like you Ive got allot me projects that are way more important but its still a neat idea..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I saw this video on utube and decied to share it i found it interisting and something id like to build into my home..

Sometimes a hidden door is used to disguise a safe or a ‘panic room’ where residents can hide in an emergency..Of course a lot of things that have to be considered with a secret door such as hiding visible gaps with trim and giving the doors a comfortable swing capacity.I thought this was a very clever design with the water faucet..The best hidden doors aren’t even there to the naked eye to see..peace,sugarcookie1

Well hidden, I clicked on the screen and it said video doesn't exist

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

rickymouse
This is an old thread that i posted at the first of the year so the video not being there dosnt surprise me
peace,sugarcookie1

edit on 8-3-2013 by sugarcookie1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join