It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting - Virus That Only Affects Females...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hi All,

Not too sure what to make of this but hear me out...

My partner is currently very ill, she's able to move about etc but she says she has never been this ill. Her symptoms are very flu like, with severe congestion, watering eyes, body aches etc. My 6 month old daughter also has this bug, with similar symptoms but i feel more for her as she cant even blow her nose so we have to use the manual nose sucker thing. Both of them are very spaced out and really quite ill...

I have a son, who is 3 and he has been ill, but nothing really notable. I have yet to aquire this bug...hopefully i wont.

Now of course its not unusual for bugs like this to spread in families...and of course my family are who passed it on to us. My kids stayed at their grandparents at the weekend and have since aquired this bug...but coincidentally, only my mother is ill with it...and really ill at that, and my aunt, she has been in her bed for 11 days and counting.

Now some may find this strange but whats more interesting is when my partner made a visit to see the midwife for my daughters check-up today.

My partner was told by the community midwife that there is a virus going around just now that seems to only be affecting females. She said that males are getting it but females are being, and i quote, "floored by it".

She didnt elaborate on what it was or if it were identified as of yet but it really is quite a nasty virus.

This is the first time ihave ever heard of a bug targetting only females like this.

Any others on ATS experienced the same? I am in Scotland by the way.

I tried Googling female only viruses but to no avail barr HPV...which it isnt.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The White Plague. Scarey thought. I feel for your family and I hope they recover quickly.

BTW - White Plague is a book by Frank Herbert. It's not real as far as I know. It's just the first thing that came to mind when I read the post.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

It does sound a bit crazy, but when I starting thinking about it. I only know females who are getting hit very hard by this, my daughter just yesterday. The men I know that have had it are getting over it fairly quickly. However, I find when females are sick they tend to keep on going lowering resistance until it completely takes them down.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Female only Virus does not exist, well to our current understanding.

Male and Female cells are the exact same, so for virus, there is no difference.

Its easier for your wife to give her kids sickness especially, someone young as 6 months, your 3 yr old son would have higher immune system and would not spend to much time with his mother unlike your infant daughter.

On my side, me, my father and my brother got sick, the females in the family are all well. haha.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

could this be woman flu (man flu i have had it and its bad)

ona serious not we were all bad over xmas and new year

it sort of kept going round and round i think we had it at least

twice (but im sure i had it three times lol)

hope you and yours get well soon

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Maybe it's crazy attempt by TPTB on Population control, Maybe these women will have increased miss carriages in the future, It will be a good stat to research.

On another note, with the way the weather is going, it may not get cold enough for these viruses to disappear, the longer a virus sticks around the more chances of it mutating to something more. Am I way off base here?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Greetings Lord MacLeod,

Perhaps the virus took a peek up yer kilt and got scared !

Seriously though, it's quite improbable that a virus could be gender specific but it could be interesting to figure out why it appears so.
Hope all the ladies in your family get well soon.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If your midwife is making such silly statements, I would find a new midwife.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

My best friend and neighbor recently became ill...she went to the doctor and was told that there is a respiratory virus that is going around; that mimics some of the flu symptoms; and she was told there is nothing they can do for it; that she just had to ride it out; stay home, rest a lot, drink lots of water and tea; and eat a lot of soup. The doctor also said that this particular virus lasts from 3 to 4 weeks. My friend did not feel better until after 3 weeks. When she went to the doctor she thought for sure she would be given some kind of antibiotics; but the doctor said no; she just had to ride it out. I found that to be somewhat questionable; that there was nothing they could do for her.

I hope and pray you family heals soon.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hope you all feel better. There is a thread here on liposomal vitamin C, it's very effective against many viruses, you should look into it.

Peace.
edit on 29-1-2013 by toastyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
If your midwife is making such silly statements, I would find a new midwife.

While at first glance this may seem unlikely, there is at least one virus (papillomavirus) that while it can certainly affect males and females, and they can both become symptomatic; in women (in part because of a difference in physiology) the symptoms can be more virulent and even catastrophic.

Because of the way a virus works, I think it is possible that a virus may develop that has more of a measurable symptomatic effect on one gender vs. another.

While the circumstance that we are discussing is anecdotal and suspect, dismissing the midwifes opinion out of hand as "silly", is perhaps unwarranted.
edit on 29-1-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I have been hearing the same thing here. My doc seems to be different and is giving Zpacks. my mother vs e it to my grandson who seems to fight it off easy, after he got over it his sister got it and gave it back to him.Now for what the OP posted, I have to agree with him. my mom and granddaughter seem to have been hit a lot harder then the males in the family. It is weird but I have to agree as far as my family is concerned.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If I virus was hitting females more than males, I have to wonder if hormones or estrogen could play a role . Estrogen does play a role, in cancer. It promotes the division of cells of bone, breast tissue, and many other things.

What if there were some virus that could be taken into the estrogen uptake receptors, causing a faster division?

Not saying there is, but in theory, it could . We know woman who produce more estrogen, have higher incidence of certain types of cancer...

Also, it has been shown that estrogen, does the opposite in Hep B, where for some reason it acts as a blockade to replication of this particular virus.

So in some cases , it promotes division, in others it blocks it. I think there should be more research into this area.

Tin foil hat : If someone wanted to engineer something that would affect woman over men, they could make an estrogen binding virus that is small enough to enter the receptor. They already have a new estrogen blocking medications on the market, that actually works by BINDING to the receptor, and the delivered agent then blocks it from being released.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by phyrefly
We have linked dysphoric mania, cortisol, and luteal phase to moon phase for James Holmes, the Aurora shooter. We have also linked women and children only to kuru, at Yahoo Groups: preventionbetterthancure.

A lot of cannibals on Yahoo I guess?

Kuru is a prion disease from eating human bodies/ brains... found in New Guinea and rare. If youre speaking of TSE disease.. which Kuru is a type.. then say that.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by toastyr
Hope you all feel better. There is a thread here on liposomal vitamin C, it's very effective against many viruses, you should look into it.

Peace.
edit on 29-1-2013 by toastyr because: (no reason given)

I second this stuff! helps out wonderfully

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

My best friend and neighbor recently became ill...she went to the doctor and was told that there is a respiratory virus that is going around; that mimics some of the flu symptoms; and she was told there is nothing they can do for it; that she just had to ride it out; stay home, rest a lot, drink lots of water and tea; and eat a lot of soup. The doctor also said that this particular virus lasts from 3 to 4 weeks. My friend did not feel better until after 3 weeks. When she went to the doctor she thought for sure she would be given some kind of antibiotics; but the doctor said no; she just had to ride it out. I found that to be somewhat questionable; that there was nothing they could do for her.

I hope and pray you family heals soon.

Why questionable? Antibiotics can't fight a virus. Why would they be prescribed?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If you don't want to do liposomal Vitamin C, buy some Vitamin C crystals, very inexpensive; dissolve 2 or so grams in water for the baby, and give it to her with some sweetener, preferably a non sugar one like kool-aid mix with aspartame (yeah, I know, not the best) or stevia. Sugar can feed the germs. For your wife, you can give up to 10 grams or 'bowel tolerance' which differs in people. Too much can cause diarrhea but it's not that big a deal. This dosing once or twice a day is good. More if they can take it. The doses of Vitamin C recommended as 'RDA' are to avoid scurvy, and are not enough for optimal health. Even more is needed for disease treatment.

The big doses of Vitamin C can wipe out a viral or bacterial infection in hours or a day or two, and the body fighting the disease will lower the blood supply by itself; in other words, you need more when you are sick and can also tolerate more.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

We are pointing to the effects of nuclear magnetic resonance, as in moon phase, on such things as the hydrogen atom in the body. Microorganisms have a chronobiology of rhythms, as do humans. Whether or not this is true of viruses and prions is beside the point. That is why we asked, replacing the prion for James Holmes's prescription drugs, about moon phase at the time of the shooting as it related to cortisol levels. Once again the question is posed: what groups of drugs most akin to Holmes's medication may be able to affect blood cortisol levels (in addition or correlation to[italics]) moon phase?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It could also be due to the fact that men run away from a sick woman. I'm my experience , I usually care for everyone, then when I get sick, they disappear afraid of the virus. At least I get some quiet time....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join