It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Going to Crash Big Time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If I walk into walmart and bread is even $10 a loaf, I will be filling my cart and my gf will fill a cart full of canned foods and dry foods and I will be walking out the door, anyone who tries to stop me will get a fist.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
If I walk into walmart and bread is even $10 a loaf, I will be filling my cart and my gf will fill a cart full of canned foods and dry foods and I will be walking out the door, anyone who tries to stop me will get a fist.

And people will watch and do the same, then many will do the same all over and there will be food riots and the police will be called and someone will be shot and that's when the nightmare starts.

Why not get your girlfriend and fill a few carts now so that there would be no need for panic, theft, or violence?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Good point. I never really thought of that when comparing modern day America to ancient Rome as so many people currently do. Its very true, America is different than Rome. Other countries depend on us to keep buying things that are made in their country. That is of course the main reason we are so closely connected with China.

I enjoy this thread and hope people continue contributing as it is definitely one of the worlds hot topics, but it seems ancient pyramid and newly discovered old city threads are getting the most attention.
edit on 29-1-2013 by unknown known because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Get out of America while you still can.......

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Because we can barely afford food as it is and if the price skyrockets I will not starve so corps can get even more rich.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
reply to post by beezzer

Because we can barely afford food as it is and if the price skyrockets I will not starve so corps can get even more rich.

The fact of the matter is millions feel the same way.

I can't really debate this further. You have a responsibility to feed your family and yourself. Would I do the same if in your position? Perhaps.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am however starting to grow my own food so that I wouldn't have this problem but I have just been able to start and it takes time and I doubt that I could produce enough to feed my family that we would need food from no where else. Because I don't have enough space here.

I do not prefer to steal things, but when it comes down to it I will do what I have to do, I would much rather steal from walmart rather then my fellow neighbor. Along with that I would meet with my neighbors to establish food production and ways of survival.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Good! Reliance on government to control prices, corporations to remain rational, is a fool's errand.

It's not so much a matter of "if" America will collapse, but "when".

Food storage, supplies will probably be the least of our worries when the time eventually comes, however.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Manmental why do your posts seem like you are so desperately frightened all the time? It s very extreme really. Cut back on the AJ please? You are going to have a heart attack.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
First of all walmart will not bother. It cannot and will not happen. I am sorry. Before we go to arms in this country we will have a common enemy and we will go to war. We will get ration stamp cards. The disputes will not he domestic. You can rest assured that.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by Observor

That seems to be the only possible game plan, but why and to what advantage is the nagging question ? Do the players the lead figures not understand that they will get in a world of pain themselves. That the permanency of the puppet masters in power will at least be challenged by a dissolution of the US a civil war or a the overturning of the state (or a combination of those).

Of course, political instability in the US can definitely throw a spanner in the works. However, those in control must not be assigning high probability of that happening, at least not in the near future.

I do not see how anyone could indeed have a guarantee that this strategy would be profitable in anyway, since a collapse of the US would be also painfuller to others, beginning with those that depend on the US for their security (Japan, South Korea, Israel, Colombia, Ukraine, Kosovo, Iraq, Egipt, Jordan, Afghanistan, Taiwan), those that will suffer a bit while they contract it to another power but will risk overthrows (Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc) and instable regions that need continuous care (India vs Pakisan).

Those in control are themselves not all powerful. They too are limited by what is available. All economic growth is dependent on the availability of high-density energy sources. The current moves are nothing more than allowing the known energy sources to stretch for a longer time before new ones are proven as viable alternatives. The way chosen has been to allow low per-capita energy consuming economies to grow while allowing high per-capita energy consuming economies to stagnate and collapse.

The political stability in the nations/regions you mentioned will not be allowed to be affected. The costs of maintaining security and stability will be provided from the global economy, not the US economy, which is what I meant when I said "world policing costs" in my previous post. The US military will not be significantly affected, but its actions world wide will be controlled by the UN rather than the US government, because the money will be coming directly from the global economy rather than US economy.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

The current moves are nothing more than allowing the known energy sources to stretch for a longer time before new ones are proven as viable alternatives. The way chosen has been to allow low per-capita energy consuming economies to grow while allowing high per-capita energy consuming economies to stagnate and collapse.

Yes energy is an issue but it is not at a point that would promote the recent process of dismantling the US that only gained momentum after the US pressured the WTO for accepting China (to me the epitome of how government lobbying corrodes public interests)

How China Outsmarted the WTO

The processed had really been on the cards before, it started with the moves of the US industry to Mexico and Latin America. The results were pretty obvious then, I find it idiotic that some still say that the opening the markets to China was to permit a social reform there...

I understand you view regarding the energy issue but global peak oil is now it was mostly unplanned and it has yet to be felt, but some alternatives makes the issue less dramatic (there will be changes, especially in the flow of merchandise and some artificial distortions) but for the next 20-50 years I do not see much changing (beyond a continual rise in price). I would soon worry about food prices and potable water issues than energy. But yeah that could be a factor but not the main motivation...

The political stability in the nations/regions you mentioned will not be allowed to be affected. The costs of maintaining security and stability will be provided from the global economy, not the US economy, which is what I meant when I said "world policing costs" in my previous post. The US military will not be significantly affected, but its actions world wide will be controlled by the UN rather than the US government, because the money will be coming directly from the global economy rather than US economy

I don't agree with this, the UN is mostly a geopolitical tool of the US and old great nations to enforce international law that secures their interests (not the interests of all) if the US collapses the UN will collapse also. Your idea for maintaining security and stability provided from the global economy is an interesting idea nevertheless, but such a thing would have to be very well timed to be pulled out and I doubt that the UN can be called to act in such a coordinated way in a moment of crisis that will permit avoiding unilateral actions by the strongest members.

Note that the US "world policing costs" are in policing its own interests (well at least of the 1% that controls government).

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by manmental
America crashed and burned around the time of JFK being killed by numerous hitmen under the orders of the CIA and it hasn't recovered unfortunately.

It's people are lovely. It's government is the problem and don't talk to me about the 2nd amendment... the root of a lot of evil.

Your gun laws have supplied Mexico with weapons of mass destruction and 1000's upon 1000's of innocents have been killed as a result.

Your paranoia about your freedoms are destroying your nation in the eyes of the world.

I would rather fear being punched or stabbed than have the right to carry a gun. The very idea that everyone has the right to have a gun is totally INSANE!!

USA (government) made your evil bed so you lie in it.

edit on 29-1-2013 by manmental because: (no reason given)

You are being sarcastic, right? Usually I can spot even the driest sarcasm....but I really can't tell if you are being serious, or not.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
To those who think that the US cannot and will not fall like all super powers and empires before, all I have to say is this:

All parties come to an end.

If/when that will happen, your guess is as good as mine but all things come to an end.

The only real debate is what will happen at the end of the party?

We can end the party with the realization that we are all one and work towards making the world prosper and the goal of making it a better place or we can end it in destruction and chaos. If we choose option #1, the road will be long and hard but most will suffer less in the long run. If we choose option #2 the road will be short and swift and millions, possibly billions will suffer and die. Will there be a light at the end of the tunnel if we take the short road? The real question is how evolved are we?

edit on 30-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: run on sentence *ugh*

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

"Mr. Bernanke how the fuk do u sleep at night?"

on a bed, made of millions.

feel better now?

^^

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
all countries will eventualy crash under a fiat system, the debt eventualy overcomes the means to produce/payback and then as time goes on starts to double, triple, quadrouple, ect ect, adn moves faster and faster to the point of explosion.

we are almost at the point of explosion.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Can someone explain why buying gold/silver/other precious metals would ever be a good idea if an economical collapse is imminent? You can't eat or wear it, don't know why you would hunt for it (assuming werewolves are myth), so why would anyone want to barter for it?

By the way, these are serious questions, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything like that.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

Gold has been confiscated in the past, it will confiscated in the future. Humanity has the odd ability to not learn from prior mistakes. To those that buy and hoard gold; You have been hoodwinked. Buy a nice three month supply of food as you can't carry more. In a true collapse food will get you anything you want.

Do you know what the other hot commodity will be? Shoes!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

Can someone explain why buying gold/silver/other precious metals would ever be a good idea if an economical collapse is imminent?

Why are states buying gold?

The answer is quite complicated, but essentially it is because with the US dollar serving as the main currency reserve of the world, physical monies value lies in the strength of the principle states economy in this case America (the gold standard is no longer in use). As such when the American economy becomes unstable the dollar follows. Basically states buy gold because even if the unthinkable was to happen and the US dollar was to collapse, Gold would still hold value as a tradable commodity, in times of instability it is more secure that currency. That is one of the reasons that when economic collapse looks imminent investors turn to the commodity markets as opposed to the currency markets.

Interestingly China has been buying up lots of gold on the quiet in recent years for another reason; they are using it to circumvent the sanctions against Iran using gold as a means to buy Iranian oil.

You can't eat or wear it

Yup, you can!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
Can someone explain why buying gold/silver/other precious metals would ever be a good idea if an economical collapse is imminent? You can't eat or wear it, don't know why you would hunt for it (assuming werewolves are myth), so why would anyone want to barter for it?

By the way, these are serious questions, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything like that.

I never understood that either, precious metals will be worthless the currency of choice will be food.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join