It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE reason we exist.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I am a firm believer i a single spirit that we all share. Call it God or whatever, but it is life itself.

I believe that this spirit is and always has been and has never changed.

I believe that this life essence is an infinitely great thing to behold. It is so beautiful that it has to be seen and experienced.

So the reason we, humans, exist is because life is great.

We are observers. That is our purpose. We exist because there is something, of value, to observe.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It is in all of us but the trick is to look and learn, let it grow within us. There is a end point.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I dont see why people think there needs to be a purpose for our existence. Why must there be a reason?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well, that made me feel a little better. Thanks!

And here i thought my only purpose in life was to work long hours at a crappy job, and make my boss extremely rich.....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

I think people need to believe in a reason for existence, well, just for the point of there BEING a reason. I mean, if there was absolutely no reason for our existence, wouldnt that make our 70-100 year lives kind of, well..... pointless? Thatd be pretty depressing, for me at least

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
I dont see why people think there needs to be a purpose for our existence. Why must there be a reason?

The purpose for the human existence is to be human. The only way there wouldn't be a purpose is if the emergence of life was an isolated one time mistake. So your question might as well be, "Why do people think there is life anywhere else in the universe?"

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Because living a life while being controlled to the max by our leaders only to find out there is nothing after death would be the biggest troll. It takes a driver to make a car move but once that car breaks it does not mean the driver ceases to exist, all while the car has no clue what is moving it around but its moving...and that's all that matters.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Serve as consciousness proxy sinks for omniscience to absorb our awareness of nothingness. Thus omnipresence is accomplished to completion so as to exist even inside of nothingness. All are tools, all are used regardless what you believe or not.

All this, is about us providing nothing (the nothing).

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Bit of a mind-rape but i understood that completely. when you die you will not remember this lifetime unless you have found the way out of the cycle. The cycle if there for us to learn and become one with what breathed life into us at the start. Something never comes from nothing that is what this whole existence teaches us. If that applied to everything just think of the possibilities. What you see is not all that if there, it is when you choose to look from a different perspective that one sees the whole picture.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Bullsh1t - Saying that we might not be here for a reason is in no way like saying that.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The reason we exist is because of time, infinite time.

Nothing more, nothing less.

link   

Who determines value? what is value? isn't that just a word with a theory wrapped around it? this has value because.. or subjective, i value this very much.

I do agree on a single spirit, movement is life, life is spirit in action.
Only that which does not move is death, and because everything vibrates there is no death, only transformation of one form into another.
Physical death is real to us and brings fear because we have an idea of existance and we want to survive like all other earthlings on earth.
In a dangerous situation our natural instinct helps us to survive, during that moment, thought is not in play.

We, like the dinosaurs will one day be extinct, digged up by some other creature maybe who tries to gather knowledge about us.
How did we look, what did we eat, how did we live, why did we became extinct.
Maybe that creature thinks of itself that it is an intelligent form of life, has also invented a god, and a theory about how their invented god created all this, or maybe they come up with a big bang too, who knows..

link   

Originally posted by ANOK
The reason we exist is because of time, infinite time.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Word.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

It seems very superficial to think that we exist because life needs to be observed.

We are observers as much as we are sleepers, or eaters, or breeders, or thinkers, or talkers. Humans are too multi-faceted to be considered as such.

There is no reason why we exist because there is no reason to the universe. There is no motive. The universe and life is above and beyond reason and motive.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Something that always makes me curious:
If we all manage to return to the source, united with God, and God decided to stop the creation
Does it mean that God is going to be alone again, in nothingness?
edit on 28-1-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dodol

That would be a period of inactivity.
But i doubt that this would ever be the case.

Also you already have determined that there is a god. is there?

The most plausible would be ongoing motion, an ever changing universe.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
They came from the future. At first they only watched, arriving at key moments in human history. We called them observers. But in 2015 they stopped watching and seized control!!

All Fringe jokes aside
Very interesting theory...keep up the awesome thinking! (I'm so cheesy..I'm going to go now..)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Because there appear to be way too many complexities, challenges, coincidences, obstacles and triumphs in life for it to all be down to random chance.

Sure, it's possible that there is no purpose or reason for us being here, but it seems highly unlikely when one considers the journey the average person must undergo just to survive.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice

Because everything happens for a reason. Problem is, we don't see most of the reasons for most things that happen.

Existence without reason is like saying nothing existed to cause the big bang or that some sub-atomic particles jump in and out of physical reality for no reason other than they just do, when the truth is simply that we do not know why these things happen, yet.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldie

Everything happens for a reason?

Ha, this is just what people say when they dont want to take responsibility for anything.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join