It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you been introduced to the beast within?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
hi everyone, i have lately been thinking a lot about how we precent ourselves to the world, we are most of the time rational, well mannered, and civil in our day to day lives, we have invented languages we have established a great civilization and we enforce it with laws, religion, and moral codes.

the down side of this all is that we have ruled out natural selection. for example in breeding, you have to be able to provide for your family, so you get an education (for doing something that humans invented) so you that you can have money (these pieces of paper that humans invented) and so on.

another example could bee this, when your boss, an authority (something that can controll you even if it were physically weaker than you, and evil) yells at you for no reason, you have to obey.

i am really worried that the world we live on has become nothing more than a bad idea, we have even created our own world within a world, i am typing this thread becouse i cant sleep, again. becouse i got this #ty robot job that i hate, i am sitting inside a concrete cube listening to music so that i dont need to deal with the real reality, like cold or rain or hunger.,

and as eatch grinding day goes by i am beginning to feel more primal, i am sick of inventions, i want to feel cold and be hungry and i want to show evil little people their true place in the food chain,
we made a mistake! we have to stop pretending that we arent animals like the rest of the beasts of the woods!

i am the hairless hominid and now i am going to go ape#!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

The first rule of fight club. You do not talk about Fight Club!

Second rule You do not talk about Fight Club.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I actually agree with the statement. We no longer follow correct path of evolution. No survival of the fittest/ natural selection. Physical traits make way for intellectual traits, and in some cases no intellect at all. Its a rat race of a man made game and now its basically a crab in the bucket pyramid scheme.

Instead of improving society you got one half that wants to carry everyone and the other half that thinks this society was built by personal responsibility but it wasn't. In America for instance the years after the Native Americans, who were on a better path, the country was built on the sweat of other people backs whether it was Africans pushing the economy or Asian slaves building the railroads. Trace your big banks almost all have had there hands in the slave trade and or cotton industries.

Its all built on control of someone else. There was no personal responsibility then and there isn't personal responsibility now. Its always been a community, or a caravan or a group of beings way back to the neanderthals. Its now who can game the system better. And if you run the system and someone is beating you at your own game. You just change the rules or close one loophole and make another one.

So yeah we've gone way off the beaten path.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Preach it budddy...

I am having a hard time myself trying act like a robot in a cubicle, and be a good husband and father of 2 kids.
Life sucks, but there is also good in the mix, find it.

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm on the same page too.

The constructs of society annoy me.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

thank you all for posting, i still believe that there is time to change course, i think it is possible.

link   

edit on 28-1-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

thank you all for posting, i still believe that there is time to change course, i think it is possible.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Personally, I can't wait till the economy collapses. I also hope that one day the world will no longer have governments.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I hope so than we should have a chance to rebuild a better future for our kids...

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

I hear cannibalism is making a come back in North Korea. Perhaps you'd be happier there.....

Des

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Lol...hehe.

Thanks for the laugh..

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I agree with you OP.

We've become so reliant on technology that if nature pulls the rug out from under us, we'll fall down like the jenga blocks we are.

We've become self obsessed. We take everything and what we give, if anything, is rarely given for noble reasons. If anything, some people desire to FIX things. Things that we have broken as a species. And if not, then we look for alternatives to get what we want from things we've depleted.

I know should I find myself in a world with no humans left, whatever resources left would be quickly used or ruined over time.

Oh we can look at fantasy shows like revolution and see how humanity would band together in groups, form militias, etc. and somehow still control the lands...

A hundred years ago I could agree... but now?

A world full of hamburger fed pizza delivery ipod drooling miscreants.

I'm not jaded.. well not a lot. I like a lot of the things we've built as a species.

But we don't temper progress with the mindset able to handle it. We go full blast, taking everything, leaving nothing, and then saying "No, what problem, there is no problem. You're the problem. why don't you go live in korea!"

It's amazing to think that billions of years ago, all of this, including the matter that you, OP, used to relay your post, was swirling gas in space. Which eventually coalesced into matter, which formed into the chemicals needed to create proton gradients to give that spark of life to which every living thing we see has evolved.

The beauty of that - the absolutely amazing chance we have had - is not lost on me.

But what we call intelligence has removed nature from the equation. It's rendered the equilibrium of nature null and void. If we see an animal we like, we cull ones we don't to ensure they live. Even if nature had intended their existence to be what it was, and limited in scope.

We've taken on the role of mother nature, but we're not able to do it. And we don't even accept it.

I want my hamburger now, you peon in the maccas hat. But do I want sprite, or coke.. Ice or no ice.. large fries or a combo meal..

So many hard decisions to make.

We think we're invincible animals. A storm comes, we huddle in doors. We don't want to get wet.

But mother nature can, does and will rip that rug out from under us, big time, and when she does, we look like a lost herd. That is when you see true human nature. No middle ground. Either savagery or unlimited selflessness... which the savages will take and ruin.

But shhhh OP. Don't talk like that. You're spook the flock. Go live in Korea, thats a good number.

edit on 28-1-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
i think the kinks said it best...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I agree, we have indeed created a world inside of a world. And now to escape that world, we create other worlds to entertain ourselves and enjoy, instead of going back to the other world. Once upon a time, I thought that we didn't go back to that first world because it still had hostilities (death and disease), and that if we went far enough, we may one day reach a point that is just like the first world, but much, much better. Sadly, I've given up hope that I'll be seeing that world in this lifetime.

Maybe in the future, we will reach the state of humanity that our ancient ancestors worked towards.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Can you start a business for yourself from home? Making stuff is usually helpful, even if it takes 5 years to get off the ground at least you will be working your way out of the cubicle. You dont want to be sitting there in 5 years time thinking, if I had started my banjo making business 5 years ago I propbably wouldn't need to work here now. I make vinegar, it isnt a full time job yet but I have a 10 year plan...9 years now.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Great thread OP! It's amazing how the average guy can quote every sport stat that ever existed, but can't even fish, let alone hunt and field dress game. I used to be a manager at a lube shop, and I was amazed at how many able-bodied men actually paid another guy to change his oil. When money becomes toilet paper, guys that don't have REAL skills, i.e., hunting skills, mechanical skills, tactical skills, and things of that nature, those guys are going to be toast from the onset of a shtf scenario.

top topics

join