It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Training Exercise in Houston 1/28/2013 - Updated with video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

I hear ya...to a degree. The laws are different here.

Spent many a REFORGER during the 80's in Germany and the Armies of NATO most surely tore up the towns and countryside. But all were well compensated.

I loved REFORGER, but that's just me. I saw towns that I didn't see before and interacted with folk that I never would have met and also had some excellent food to boot.

Heck, I knew Germans who looked forward to those exercises. It was a financial boom to them.

But here in the States, people have a tendancy to freak out. They're just not used to it. And I hope they never do get used to it.
edit on 29-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: ENGRISH! I DO SPEAKEE ENGRISH! LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Puts a whole new spin on ObamaCare
All your cities are belong to us.

The military spokesman saying nothing just seems to be more of the people don't need to know. Never really liked the phrase 'trust us'.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I had a conversation with my grandmother about what life was like during WWII. Both my grandfathers served in WWII. But she being the wife of one who served had a glimpse of both worlds.

First of all during WWII all food agriculture and oil was seized and controlled by the government. She often times had to get on a greyhound bus to travel around because the travel restrictions were so tough. Her only saving grace was that her husband was active duty serving our country. Being in the military allowed certain "privileges" not allowed to most civilians. A lot of people had problems getting to work and sustaining their homes and feeding kids. Everything was rationed in the name of national security.

I fear that we may soon be fighting a war on two fronts and the reality that this same type of restrictions is still on the books is very grim and frightening.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
MH-6/AH-6 Little Bird, Special Operations,SFOD-D maybe.
Militia actors with possible Palestinian scarves?
Paintball guns.
Photo/Video by guys in orange vests.
Possible Militia compound exercise.
Possible School hostage situation.
Think I saw an ATF vest too...

A lot going on in this vid.

You are observant Grasshopper.

I have a renewed hope.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

Is the population of Sweden for the most part disarmed?

I dont think you factored that into your equation.
We have a president that would rather attack the 2nd amendment "right to bear arms" and attack US citizens than make our borders safer or our country safer.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

Actually I did notice that. Thats why I suspect that it might not just be a typical army training drill, that and obvious law enforcement presence.

Now if I am not mistaken, national guard and state guard, being that they are volunteers are responsible for purchasing their own gear and weapons. So judging by this there could be a variation of weapons and fatigues used.

Also I noticed towards the end of the video, a few of the guys signaling the news chopper to go away or turn a blind eye to the drill. Makes me think they are not too happy about them being there.

Also wanted to add, I didnt see a second video. Did I miss something?
edit on 28-1-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

Not at all true.

Everything is issued through the Army supply network.

We were allowed to bring personal sidearms to Desert Storm, in fact our CO even loaned a few of the younger troops money to buy them prior to deployment. He was a Nam vet and saw the value in each soldier having a backup sidearm.

We found out after we got home that he was in some hot water over it and he ended up leaving the Army after being told his promotion proscpects were nil.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

OK so you are stating that its a no no for the national guard to use their own personal sidearms and equipment in the field. Wasn't sure if that was the case or not. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Nettlas

We have a president that would rather attack the 2nd amendment "right to bear arms" and attack US citizens than make our borders safer or our country safer.

Sweden has more fully automatic rifles in private homes than America.

After your year of military service you are sent home with your gear and rifle, like our old minutemen.

Norway is the same way.

Plenty of guns in Sweden.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Interesting. Maybe if our politicians weren't attacking the 2nd amendment this wouldn't seem like such a big deal.

But yeah there is no need to do this in an American city.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

reply to post by Nettlas

Sweden has more fully automatic rifles in private homes than America.

After your year of military service you are sent home with your gear and rifle, like our old minutemen.

Norway is the same way.

Plenty of guns in Sweden.

Actually that’s Switzerland. Not so much Sweden. Though the Swedish troops are nothing to sneeze at either.

They're quite professional.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Just a thought, maybe they have some credible intelligence of terrorists attacking schools. I'm sure Sandy Hook made an impression.

What we are seeing is the law enforcement agencies going against military opfor.The military knows best the tactics used by the prototypical terrorist. The law enforcement needs the training in their jurisdictions most likely.

Sounds reasonable in my head anyway.
edit on 1/29/2013 by FeedTic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeedTic
Just a thought, maybe they have some credible intelligence of terrorists attacking schools. I'm sure Sandy Hook made an impression.

What we are seeing is the law enforcement agencies going against military opfor.The military knows best the tactics used by the prototypical terrorist. The law enforcement needs the training in their jurisdictions most likely.

Sounds reasonable in my head anyway.
edit on 1/29/2013 by FeedTic because: (no reason given)

I'm thinking a probable more sinister thing.

From a earlier post in this thread.

TF160 sure are busy bees aren't they? Definitely getting their flying hours.

The helicopter in the video is a MH-6 Little Bird with 2.75 rocket pods. I didn't see a mini-gun or .50 cal on it though. Either way though it is some serious firepower.

I'm wondering if our intel guys have info on a Beslan type event here in the US being planned?

Here is some wiki info concerning that event.

en.wikipedia.org...

CNN

articles.cnn.com

Quite often the Military does train LEOs on breaching and room clearing procedures. But as I see it, they seem to be "training" more often. That makes my head itch.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

Doubtful, Facebook, local TV news, thats all it would have taken to get the word out. I think they were also going to gear the reaction of the public to the event. (Not to disagree with you wholeheartedly.)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I stand corrected.

But the premise is still valid.

There are countries that have gun ownership similar to America's and crime rates nowhere near as bad as ours.

I'm concerned that they are no longer telling us about live fire exercises in metropolitan areas.

Last year they announced the Denver excercises days beforehand.

To just have choppers show up firing their weapons is obviously going to be unsettling to the population.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

There are countries that have gun ownership similar to America's and crime rates nowhere near as bad as ours.

There are also countries who have illegalized gun ownership and have worst murder rates. Check out Brazils current stats.

I know for a fact that this exercise was published...but most of the MSM ignored it or buried it on page 5 in the local paper.

I think that when such a exercise is conducted they should broadcast it repeatedly prior to it being conducted.

But then again, that raises a whole new set of possible scenarios, don't it? And not all good.

It sure is a razor to walk ain't it?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

If we thought we could trust the government it would be one thing, but since we know we can't...

I don't think there was prewarning in Miami of Houston because the Fire/Rescue were not notified.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hi all. No I didnt take the 2nd amendment (spelling?) into account. Sorry about that. But I really don´t think that is the point, BUT, that is my opinion in this disscussion. I understand that some of you do that, and I can understand why you do that, and I respect that.

I did however tkae into account the fact where Sweden is located on the map contra USA. And I think that a wise commander allways plans for the unthinkable, and don´t allow himself to be one step behind his foes. So by training in doemstic towns, how crazy it may sound, is maybe just some way of getting ahead, so taht IF the unthinkable would happened, and an invading force would manage to land troops on US soil, you are more prepared than what you where before.

I´m not saying I am right, just taht maybe this is just what it is.

You all can be verry well right on the matter that this is a pre-stage of something terrible your government is planning on the civ. pop. (Wich is verry possible considering....it is the governemnt) And in that case, you will be wise to look it up further of course.

Just, don´t go crazy because of a millitary drill, thats all.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
dont forget the chicago drills before NATO meeting

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here's another update from a couple of hours ago. Sorry for the crappy quality - I couldn't find the video on ABC13's site so I just recorded it with my phone.

Video Update 1/29/2013
edit on 29-1-2013 by cb0688 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I found this on another site and it kinda plays into the "Training Exercise" thing thought I would share

According to a letter from Cary-Grove High School principal Jay Sargeant, there will be a code red drill at the school on Wednesday.

It will include somebody shooting blanks from a gun in the hallway “in an effort to provide our teachers and students some familiarity with the sound of gunfire.”

chicago.cbslocal.com...

edit on 29-1-2013 by LordArrgh because: fixing the url

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join