It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Training Exercise in Houston 1/28/2013 - Updated with video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

In Miami too?

Machine Gun fire from Military Helicopters over Florida

A lot of this type of training as of late

Two nights ago I was outside and notice two army heli's fly low in formation about 10 NM north of Birmingham, Alabama. I told my wife about it because it was very odd for this area. Then we start seeing all this stuff in the news. I think they might be doing this to desensitize the sheeple for when the real thing happens. Stay alert and accept nothing as fact from the media. Question everything.
edit on 1/28/2013 by NoSoup4U because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Training for riot control..nope, not with armed little birds in Houston.
Training for riot control..nope, not with armed Black hawks in Miami.
Training for riot control..nope, not with the same things in LA in St. Louis.
Acclimating the public to seeing military forces in cities and towns...yep.
Just remember, to boil a frog, you turn up the heat slowly, until it's too late.
SnF

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I find it odd that these sort of "training exercises" are happening more frequently in densely populated areas. Even the 'general public' is questioning what's going on if you read the comments on the link in the original post(and on ABC 13 Houstons Facebook page).
edit on 28-1-2013 by cb0688 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2013 by cb0688 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Take a close look in the first video with no sound at the OPFOR actors at the end of the exercise. They are outfitted with a nonuniform variety of weapons, clothing, and tactical gear mostly on the cheap side "AK variants" some ARs which would be a typical outfit of some random militia unit. There are more details in it that a seasoned professional can make out but I will leave that for those who see it to discuss them further.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

Actually I did notice that. Thats why I suspect that it might not just be a typical army training drill, that and obvious law enforcement presence.

Now if I am not mistaken, national guard and state guard, being that they are volunteers are responsible for purchasing their own gear and weapons. So judging by this there could be a variation of weapons and fatigues used.

Also I noticed towards the end of the video, a few of the guys signaling the news chopper to go away or turn a blind eye to the drill. Makes me think they are not too happy about them being there.

Also wanted to add, I didnt see a second video. Did I miss something?
edit on 28-1-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
TF160 sure are busy bees aren't they? Definitely getting their flying hours.

The helicopter in the video is a MH-6 Little Bird with 2.75 rocket pods. I didn't see a mini-gun or .50 cal on it though. Either way though it is some serious firepower.

I'm wondering if our intel guys have info on a Beslan type event here in the US being planned?

Here is some wiki info concerning that event.

en.wikipedia.org...

CNN

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The Army isn't giving any details of what the training is about.

weird crap going on around here.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

At the bottom of the page was another video which was the news feed of the incident. That one was just talking heads telling the story. The first video was the raw camera feed from the news chopper.

Which I have downloaded just in case this video is gone in the morning.

edit on 28-1-2013 by exitusstatuquo because: added more info.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The Wolves are sharpening.

Their sheep-hunting skills.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
At the 9:56 mark, the news chopper zooms in the weapons lined up on the schools sidewalk. If you look at the stocks, you'll see that some of them are paintball guns. The canister stock is the giveaway.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I watched the video twice now from the op and i do not see any one signaling the news chopper to turn a blind eye. Could you tell me what mark it starts at.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cb0688

Reporters account:

"turns out it was a multi agency training drill"
"an ARMY Major who was out here, wouldn't tell us exactly what kind of training they were doing."
"Houston Police Department was aware of what was happening, but apparently the Fire department wasn't"

Sounds like a department of homeland security mixed with Army drill..

the signs are all here, that America is suspected to go down hill sooner than later.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
getting a lot of drills with in a short span of time. It worries me when they start pulling in other departments, but fail to tell other key ones.

I do wonder on the location they keep picking. First FL now TX, both urban areas coastal states.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

There was a similair story prior, in my reply I have verified through military contacts both former team mates and currently family memebers serving that all branches of the military are conducting training and exercises pertaining to civilain inserecution. I have attempted to get copies of the training manuals but my son inlaw who is an active duty MP said they collected all of the training materials each day, which is uncommon. The essence of the training to is to handle US civilains in the event martial law or some other event has taken place on US soil. Very disturbing. I can tell you that his comments and 95% of his command would refuse direct orders to interfere with a US based combatant, terrorists no worries but regular citizens would be out of the question.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I find it really maddening that this training wasn't advertised very well to the surrounding community before hand...especially in regards to the recent SH incident I can only imagine what would have went through some of their heads hearing gunshots from the school...and having no idea whats going on...

Different training exercise in Miami:

The officer at 1:50 in that video seemed perplexed as to why people would be calling 9-11 about the training...then proceeds to say don't worry its all good...

Have they considered the "boy who cried WOLF!" effect this might have on REAL events???

Be interesting to see if something actually happens one of these days and no one calls the police and everyone just goes back to what their doing because they think "eh must be another drill"...
edit on 29-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I am surprised they all came back alive. Some black unmarked helicopter flying around shooting over Texas with no notice is not a very smart idea. Like this person said in a comment

Not a smart idea. I am a veteran with PTSD and if I was not informed of this "excercise" and all of a sudden rounds started going off it could have triggered a flashback. I cannot enjoy the fourth of July with my kids anymore because of it. I wonder how many veterans this caused issues with? And why the heck are they not using MOUT sites located on post that simulate urban environments?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

10:01 mark
11:22 mark

On the first Raw video (the one without sound)..

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Probably a good thing they didn't do this in the rural areas, folks around here might have shot back at them.......but maybe that's what they want.

Are you ready?

Jus' Sayin'

spez

link   
reply to post by cb0688

Maybe they were hoping to call out those scared residents with automatic weapons?

That was so irresponsible on their part to conduct this exercise without properly informing the residents, and the Fire Department.

Indoctrination into the future.

link   

Originally posted by Donahue

I watched the video twice now from the op and i do not see any one signaling the news chopper to turn a blind eye. Could you tell me what mark it starts at.

There would be no signal, just a radio transmission which would not be picked up in the broadcast. But they got what they came for.

Ratings.

edit on 29-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join