It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Scientists Reveal Government/Industrial Means Of Social Control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Two top psychologists have revealed how the government uses thought control tactics to get ordinary people to do insane things. Phillip Zimbardo best know for his Stanford prison experiment has a video (see below)
which shows how soldiers at Abu Ghraib were turned into monsters. In the video, he states that he believes the CIA was behind it and explains specifically how they set up a situation where ordinary people can be turned into monsters much like he did in his Stanford Prison experiment.

Dr. Robert Sapolsky studies baboons. He and other researchers have found that most primates are murderous and commit wars except for the oversexed Bonobos who live in peace and harmony. Then, twenty years ago one of the baboon troops he was observing lost their most aggressive and asocial members who stole some infected garbage during the grooming hour. Therefore, the prosocial baboons survived because they were grooming and didn't eat the deadly garbage. Twenty years later when most of the original members of troop have died out (baboons live an average of 30 years in the wild), the troop remains peaceful and unlike any other baboon troop Sapolsky has ever seen (see video below). When new males are brought into the troop they are trained to behave prosocialiy.

Sapolsky's research and that of other social scientists suggest prosocial training of males which in large part just means professionalism training in humans (e.g, problem based learning see previous link) leads to peaceful and highly productive societies.

Note what I just said because someone will probably argue that we need that male aggression to protect ourselves. However, the research shows that the the increased efficiency that occurs in peaceful groups leads to greater productivity that protects the group. That higher efficiency makes these groups very good at protecting themselves and highly productive. In fact, this may humanities natural state. However, governments and other powerful entities are making people more aggressive than they would normally be.

Human Resources is a 2010 documentary that reviews the history of social control from early corporate attempts to break craftsman's control of workshops by standardization and compartmentalizing of tasks to MK Ultra mind control experiments. The standardization techniques have been applied to public schools. In both schools and work sites these techniques lead to fatigued, obedient, passive and non-creative human beings but the system has been kept in tack because the controllers like control and passive, asocial obedient adults is what are system produces.

The film goes on to show how most social problems are a result of our enforced passivity but apparently these steps didn't go far enough for our masters so this led to projects like MK Ultra which are also discussed in great detail in this film which was written and directed by a MK Ultra victim's son.

However, this film only reviews mind manipulation tactics. The film doesn't cover the massive propaganda campaigns that corporations and government have developed to near perfection in the past hundred years. Today, in the U.S. there are more people working in the PR industry than there are journalists! And in case you didn't know it, the Iraqi who tore down the statute of Saddam Hussien. it was totally staged by the CIA (see beginning documentary film PsyWar).

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks, OP. I've flagged and starred for the excellent synopsis of the videos, which I will view later.

"However, governments and other powerful entities are making people more aggressive than they would normally be."

That's just about the most cogent comment I've read lately....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by atopsecret

"However, governments and other powerful entities are making people more aggressive than they would normally be."

If you find a way to prevent something you typically find the cause. To me most of these so called studies have been used as a basis for mass manipulations and controlling the herds....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Great pest OP!

I have been babbling about the magnitude of the psywar campaign for a while....its immense and almost irresistable.....
(i have to admit im not quite sure im myself, if ya know what i mean...)

Good to see that there is awarteness growing...but all to little i am afraid.....
How much % wise of our reality do you reckon we have implanted by the various methods....
60% ,90%?
What do you envision it will take to actually de program enough minds to make a difference?
And what course of action would you expect to follow to do it?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thank you OP!

In order to gain some clarity we must determine all the ways in which our reality/perception is altered. Marketing/ advertising, media, television, internet, diet, toxins/ chemicals etc, there is a lot of things contributing to our mind fog.
edit on 28-1-2013 by byGRACE because: spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I am more optimistic that most. I admit maybe way too optimistic. For me, the answer is simply. You need to teach people the various tricks of mass propaganda. Just watching these films plus the top 10 link films (I haven't watched them all) and it get's pretty darn easy to spot the stuff. Once you know the tricks, then your unaffected.

I've found teaching others is not that hard. The resistance is just getting them to watch the videos but once that's done, they're pretty interesting so people watch and then they can see through the propaganda like glass. Don't have a percentage of people that need to know this stuff but at least in my world, I see people becoming more aware

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I sure hope that the reason for so little response is due to everyone watching these videos.

The Human Resource video really lays it all out. You can see the struggle around the world where people are trying to get out from the control our businesses have had on our lives. Nowadays where corporations have control of the governments around the world this struggle is coming to a head and may turn out with violent results. It is almost as if humans only purpose would be to support the economic machine. We may have to work to live, but it is pointless to live for work.

Those who apply these methods to their employees or constituents are guilty of crimes against humanity.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Ok, first of all, your interpretation of the video is waaaaay off. You're spinning it in a conspiracy light, when that is not the focus of the video. The video is actually pretty interesting. I don't know why you felt the need to spin it the way you did.

Second, this guy is wrong. He really needs to read Dostoevsky, and understand it.
Humans are evil by nature. It's been that way forever. Even priests are evil, truly they just know they are evil, that's why they repent.
This guy seems to ignore this, and is looking at the subject matter from the viewpoint that environment is the sole determiner of a person's actions. That people need to be swayed to do evil. There's no swaying needed to be done to do evil, people need to be swayed to do good.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If you look at the big picture, at its core and throughout history, the goal of oppression and conquest is the expansion of mental territories. It's the path of sequentialization, the collective mindset.

Religions, schools, businesses, health care, banking, transportation, sports, advertising, entertainment, etc all strive to further entrain us.

When you install the operating system into the student, you can construct how that person relates to the world around them. If you built the codes, you can influence how the recipient processes the stimulation based upon how the channels where developed. The programmed recipient relates to the stimulation through the tools you have developed within them. As we grow older we define ourselves according to our place within the established system. Our names, jobs, beliefs, income, sports team, etc. are the forms we adopt to define our relationship to that world.

More and more of our awareness is placed into the online world. It externalities our focus into a digital identity. Look at how Facebook operates in that you are connected with friends and information but its not your territory. They have begun removing material that they find controversial. People become more hesitant to post their inner beliefs if they don't feel the info will be taken approvingly amongst their friends or they will expend further energy trying to make their point in hopes that the thinking of others will be more aligned with our own beliefs. As the "owners" of the territory decide what is appropriate and not appropriate, our spectrum of expression narrows. Your consciousness will not venture into the darker corners of the world when there are much easier choices to make. Withdrawing becomes more and more difficult as the technological tools have become one of our main channels in which we relate to the world and others.

edit on 29-1-2013 by starshift because: Added

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'll watch the videos tomorrow after the funeral, as it's late for me here.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by starshift

I disagree with all of this. If you would force yourself to watch, listen to, and learn what young people are taking in - it's all to make them jealous, stupid, and fighting with eachother. Also a huge dose of misogyny ( spelling?).

People are being dumbed down, materialized, and welfarized. To be white trash, ghetto black, and spics.

I am not a bigot. Just force yourself to watch prime-time television for a week, and try to tell me otherwise.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

They are focused on external stimulation and waste their efforts on the ego trying to expand their ideas onto others. They have not developed within and are easily manipulated. When you are unable to create self determination you will seek the path of least resistance especially if its in the form of a handout. Corruption will thrive in a system that has no method to address it.

I do understand what you are saying in terms of the garbage presented to the masses. It's what many have learned to resonate with.
edit on 29-1-2013 by starshift because: Misunderstood reply a

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

If you find a way to prevent something you typically find the cause. To me most of these so called studies have been used as a basis for mass manipulations and controlling the herds....

In other words the only purpose these "studies" serve to help the manipulators to fine tune their tactics while people committing the horrible atrocities can pretend they are not responsible and the "system" is to blame.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by starshift

I disagree with all of this. If you would force yourself to watch, listen to, and learn what young people are taking in - it's all to make them jealous, stupid, and fighting with eachother. Also a huge dose of misogyny ( spelling?).

People are being dumbed down, materialized, and welfarized. To be white trash, ghetto black, and spics.

I am not a bigot. Just force yourself to watch prime-time television for a week, and try to tell me otherwise.

Same here. If the Govt. is trying to get people to me more violent they're failing miserably where I live. People here are so blase' and mold-able it's sickening.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this.
Most will probably over look this knowledge.
We should use it as a example and apply it to our own life's.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So the gist of it is, we have to wait for the power-hungry psychopaths to die off?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
. That people need to be swayed to do evil. There's no swaying needed to be done to do evil, people need to be swayed to do good.

That's very much not true, well maybe for your experience?

For me, before I could think in words like a year old or so I cared about other people more than me, and by the time I was 4 I realized we were all the same.. If you are like me you start off good, and then the rest of you crazy humans swayed me to be less good..

If you identify with yourself too much (only child?) then yes sure..
If you identify with everyone then you can't see hurting anyone, as that would hurt you because you are them.

I don't know which way is more common, but it's not either or..

Both good and evil are needed in the use of freewill.. I have to have some evil to care about myself so I survive over dead animals and plants that I eat.. I have to have some good or society is never born.. The potentials are both there all the time..

The guy in the video was saying that people in society are generally good enough to not want to beat the crap out of bleeding naked prisoners. So they had to be negatively influenced.. My dad was involved in psychology studies about how many people can shock people to death.. Most people will go all the way to killing someone, as long as there is no responsibility for it.. BUT if you don't train them in steps to do it, less than .5% will..
edit on 1/29/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Ok, first of all, your interpretation of the video is waaaaay off. You're spinning it in a conspiracy light, when that is not the focus of the video. The video is actually pretty interesting. I don't know why you felt the need to spin it the way you did.

Second, this guy is wrong. He really needs to read Dostoevsky, and understand it.
Humans are evil by nature. It's been that way forever. Even priests are evil, truly they just know they are evil, that's why they repent.
This guy seems to ignore this, and is looking at the subject matter from the viewpoint that environment is the sole determiner of a person's actions. That people need to be swayed to do evil. There's no swaying needed to be done to do evil, people need to be swayed to do good.

interesting the way you spun your response which is as we all know subjective in nature. the only thing that puzzles me is that you cannot see that you did the same thing as the OP.

to say that people are evil and need to be taught good is quite a stretch, do you have any evidence to support that theory?

i have found more so that people are very adaptive to their surroundings and as such will generally go the way of the popular lifestyles being portrayed en mass. when you see crime what you see is our reality of crime and what the popular consensus is on any certain "crime" and not what nature has dictated. what i am leading to is that people are just people and generally follow the lead of what's around them so i think this study has merit for humans as well.

this of course has no bearing on the criminally insane and other such mental issues, which have an entirely different reason for being and have nothing to do with group mentality.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

Originally posted by abeverage

In other words the only purpose these "studies" serve to help the manipulators to fine tune their tactics while people committing the horrible atrocities can pretend they are not responsible and the "system" is to blame.

I believe some good does come out of these studies but that can be manipulated for sure...I also think it can give fodder to those that will say "Society is to blame"...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Observing the behavior of small children, as you imply, is the best way to infer basic human instinct. Look at any kindergarten playground (hopefully not from a disguised ice cream truck) and you'll see how instinct dictates social behavior. It's not disputable; they are generally nice, playful, and inclined to get along with others. Only the introduction of puberty with its chaotic influence on hormones and emotions makes adolescents go crazy (and sometimes stay that way).

Also to note, small children are very fond of stuffed animals, or various tokens of affection. That is also the influence of natural instinct - empathy, even beyond our own species.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join