It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu Deploys *Syrian* Iron-Dome As Israeli Minister Claims US Preparing *Surgical* Strikes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Netanyahu Deploys 'Syrian' Iron-Dome As Israeli Minister Claims US Preparing 'Surgical' Strikes Against Iran

zerohedge

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu says his nation must prepare for the threat of a chemical attack from Syria, amid concern at enemy efforts to test a post-election coalition Israel

the Israeli Defense Minister confirmed yesterday that the US has prepared plans for a 'surgical' military operation to delay Iran's nuclear program.

the United States has "prepared quite sophisticated, fine, extremely fine, scalpels," if the worse comes to the worst - even though the Israeli preference would be to
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-1-2013 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2013 by Maxmars because: Fixed Link

edit on 28-1-2013 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2013 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is my first time making a thread with Zeroedge as the source article.

But I found it very interesting, especially how Israel is saying they would rather end the conflict diplomatically but the U.S. wants to go in way tougher.
Something with that statement doesn't sound too right.

In fact I see it as somewhat the opposite, somewhat though not completely.
But that somewhat still makes their statement seem very odd.

zerohedge
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-1-2013 by Maxmars because: Fixed Link

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's cool, it is on RT as well..

RT

Instead of going to a full-scale war with Iran over its nuclear program Israel may be satisfied with a US-led operation, says Defense Minister Ehud Barak. Previously Tel Aviv was determined to resolve the issue on its own, if the US refuses to help.
Apparently after the Knesset election this month left the Netanyahu cabinet weakened, Israeli hawks are toning down their war drumming rhetoric. In an interview at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Barak said the Pentagon had prepared a surgical operation that can be used as a last-ditch measure to slow Iranian progress.
“I used to tell them [American friends], you know, when we are talking about surgical operations we think of a scalpel, you think of a chisel with a 10-pound hammer,” Barak joked as cited by The Daily Beast. But that’s not the case with the plan, he noted. “The Pentagon prepared quite sophisticated, fine, extremely fine, scalpels. So it is not an issue of a major war or a failure to block Iran. You could under a certain situation, if worse comes to worst, end up with a surgical operation.”

I threw it up in the Furdow plant explosion thread earlier because i like coincidences.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Just my thoughts on why Israel would be the dove to the U.S. hawk in such a crazy change of positions.....

Perhaps .. finally... it's become real to Netanyahu and he's realized this MAY actually happen. Israel, even if victorious in the end, will lose unthinkable numbers of people. I'd count that within both military and civilian. Jew and Arab alike. It's a REAL small place for that sort of thing.

Maybe..we can hope a little... Bibi has looked into the abyss as the world seems to teeter on the edge..and realized it's not blackness he's seeing but the abyss looking back into HIM. Obama hasn't had that epiphany yet. Of course, Obama has no reason to fear his personal safety no matter what happens. If Israel loses? Netanyahu won't likely survive it himself and I'm sure that has also hit him with the full force of truth by now, too.

Just my guess.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
not really sure this is a good thing

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Israel not making a tough stand against the Muslim Brotherhood is a very bad sign.

US is right in being aggressive against the Muslim Brotherhood. It has to be destroyed .

The Muslim Brotherhood defeating Israel will be the worst thing that can happen.

There is no place for idiotic groups like 'Muslim brotherhood' in the modern society.

I am pretty sure that the Rothschild/CIA are already working to destroy them.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If you really want to read between the lines here then one might infer that Netanyahu is referring to beam weaponry when he talks about "extremely fine scalpels" and "surgical strikes."

edit on 28-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I believe that just like in the medical world, this surgical strike is going to target the right cancer in the wrong body.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

What do you mean? They likely wouldn't have any power in Egypt and wherever else they have influence if it weren't for us. We are behind destabilizing the mid east.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX
Israel not making a tough stand against the Muslim Brotherhood is a very bad sign.

US is right in being aggressive against the Muslim Brotherhood. It has to be destroyed .

The Muslim Brotherhood defeating Israel will be the worst thing that can happen.

There is no place for idiotic groups like 'Muslim brotherhood' in the modern society.

I am pretty sure that the Rothschild/CIA are already working to destroy them.

Muslim brotherhood are just a bunch of religious thugs that Obama is giving Fighter jets to
They can NEVER defeat Isreal, that makes absolutely no sense

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Muslim brotherhood includes all the Islamic countries.

Their secret plan is to dominate the world(by increasing their population)...which is clearly visible.
edit on 28-1-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

They are not doing a very good job then, China and India outpace them at will.

Oh are they Muslim countries ?

Get rid of your religious extremism comments, your side is as bad as anyone elses.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

the United States has "prepared quite sophisticated, fine, extremely fine, scalpels,"

Then expect lots of collateral damage. It's nice that they use terms relating to medicine and surgery as if we're dealing with disease or illness. That's probably how the Israeli leadership would want people to view it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

The Muslim brotherhood may not be in control of Egypt but certainly have a former member in control of the country. It is also speculated that the Muslim Brotherhood were behind the uprisings in Syria once again and if correct, we aren't planning on finishing them off.

As for this information, I'm not sure whether to believe it or not. It wasn't long ago that it was the complete opposite. USA telling Israel to tone down. I cannot see how bombing either of the two is going to make things any better in the Middle East. As much as the USA and Israel would have certain targets on the drawing board, I'm sure the enemy have done their homework also.

With that, hitting the wrong targets in Syria could also incite backlash from the rebels against Israel. Even though they are fighting Assad and want him ousted, foreign intervention is still a big NO to them. If this is reliable, I don't see this ending well for all parties involved. We aren't simply going to stroll in and take them countries.
edit on 28-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Speaking of..

Am i the only one watching this?
RT Live in Cairo

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

the United States has "prepared quite sophisticated, fine, extremely fine, scalpels,"

Then expect lots of collateral damage. It's nice that they use terms relating to medicine and surgery as if we're dealing with disease or illness. That's probably how the Israeli leadership would want people to view it.

'Surgical Strike' is one of bibi's favorite phrases when it comes to war. I think it makes him feel like more of a leader-or perhaps its an intimidation technique.

Either way, he uses it quite often.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What are you guys talking about Muslim Brotherhood this or that
Washington put them in power guys, not muslim extremists but americans in suits and ties

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Syrian iron dome : 2 letters too long
Iran iron dome.... much better
Its there for. Iranian retalliation

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987
Syrian iron dome : 2 letters too long
Iran iron dome.... much better
Its there for. Iranian retalliation

Its there to provoke a war.. Nothing more, nothing less.
edit on 28-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The only dome that really matters..

Thunderdome!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join