It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25,000 Year Old Buildings Found In Russia? The Mysterious Dolmens And Megaliths Of The Caucasus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hobits do exsist. Hobit houses, but seriously has anyone taken a peek inside the wholes?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

....I expected to see this earlier on the ATS...
...next time give people link to save their searching time...
edit on 29-1-2013 by cowgomoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

Good observation. Goes along with my interests, anyway. I've read some threads on Atlantis
mythology as well and from what I recall, some of the earliest myths regarding the people who supposedly lived there say they were isolationists. The legend goes that they enjoyed exceptionally long life free of illness as well due to a vibrational/sonic technology they possessed. Fascinating stuff.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
Excellent find, So by how many years is the human civilization pushed back as opposed to what textbooks were saying several years ago?

None. They're around 3,000 years old. Human civilization right now is dated to around 8,000 years old (meaning: lived in large permanent villages/towns.)

What did it say, the first neanderthals and such were 10,000 years ago around and after the last Ice Age,

Check Wikipedia: (Neanderthals) Our history and science books say that Neanderthals emerged over 300,000 years ago and died off about 33,000 years ago.

how sad, if mainstream science doesn't admit they can be wrong even about things already discovered

I think your references may be older ones. Check Wikipedia for the most recent thought (science and history.)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

there are squiggly lines carved on the dolmens, maybe they represent the frequency it took to resonate the stones in order to move/make them?

They seem to be petroglyphs.

A reasonably good report on them is here -- there's a few different kinds (so it's not really writing but it IS cultural symbols).

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

www.unexplained-mysteries.com... ....I expected to see this earlier on the ATS... ...next time give people link to save their searching time...

For Scale...
Thanks to cowgomoo for the link....

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I think we've all been trying to figure out the exact answer to that for some time. It seems over time, future generations lose the knowledge their ancestors had. Then again, we also have those places where ruins were already ancient when found, and become sacred to a much less knowledgeable people, who try to maintain the site, but don't really have the knowledge to do so.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hello all, this is my first post here on ATS but when I saw this discussion I felt I really needed to make a post. And I do follow my intuition. I actually have a Russian book at home about the dolmens. It's called "Dolmens" by Aleksanrd Solncev. I think he mostly based his book on what Anastasia revealed in the Ringing Cedars of Russia books, as well as different people's experiences with the dolmens.
So according to the book what the dolmens are actually is like a prison for the soul. As whoisit1998 pointed out n his earlier post, in the olden days, the wisest people, willing so sacrifice their eternity to serve others, would go into these structures, where they were sealed still alive. Inside they would meditate until they died. In the book it describes how some special stones were used (sorry don't remember much details) to prevent the human soul from leaving the dolmen itself after physical death. So basically the soul would reside in the dolmen for eternity, not reincarnating, in order to preserve and share the wisdom they had. The book then describes different people's experiences, how they would come to the dolmens, and after some meditation get in contact with these spirits, residing there. And as the book says you don't have to be spiritual or anything, anyone can come to the dolmens, and people would have thoughts appear to all answers they had, as if though telepathy. In Russia some dolmens have names already for the spirits residing there, for example one dolmen resident is a woman spirit, and local people know it, and come for womanly advise on children, relationships and so on.
For one I sure would like to travel one day to Russia and spend a day next to one of these dolmens meditating

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
www.circassianworld.com...

holes serve to allowing spirits of the deceased more ready passage into the afterlife and for the ritual feeding of the deceased.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
These look like houses of snake people or reptilians of some kind...hardly like human habitations....

wait..what?

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
The structures can be found around the world and were created to protect against rock storms from super volcanoes

super...what?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
The Russians call them dolmens.

en.wikipedia.org...

A dolmen, also known as a portal tomb, portal grave,...

this is reason why I like reading unexplained-mysteries.com more.
more sceptics ...............and more original ideas.......

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here is an Indian dolmen, (as in India) looks familiar doesn't it.

Amazingly I was looking at these Russian dolmens a few nights ago because of another thread here about Tiksi, in Northern Russia, and an odd looking dome there, which I think is a pingo, an earth uplift, and not a salt mine.
Some of the texts I found by the way on the dolmens seemed to infer that they were an Indian influence. Maybe any Indian scholars could throw some light on it. The thing is, there are also the kurgans, (earth mounds) in Russia which are known to be burial grounds sometimes En Masse, which can look almost the same as the Pingos, but are not, and deemed to be man made. There are many dolmens here in Ireland, but not as sophisticated looking, but still dramatic in appearance, while all the while, Ireland is thought to be ultimately be first habited by the southern european or Spanish, imagine that, the Spanish coming here for their hols'

There's a lot we don't know.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
First,i am of the time when there were pyramids,only in Egypt.Today,with more access to information,we know that there are pyramids all over the Earth.South America ,Bosnia, China,and the list goes on.The same for megaliths.Now this ones in Russia.Every time i receive new information of this kind,it makes me remember a name.
Immanuel Velikovsky

A great scientist who was crucified by the fact that his theories went against Darwin's evolutionism theory.His works,mainly "Worlds in Collision" give a light about this things.

If you take a look,at his archive,you will know what i'm talking about,it's here:www.varchive.org...
It took some years until i decided to study his theories.Too fantastic I thought.As the time passes,my opinion changed.He was Great

Angkory
edit on 29-1-2013 by angkory13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

There's a lot we don't know.

correction: you dont know.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by angkory13
,we know that there are pyramids all over the Earth.,Bosnia,

we dont know that there are pyramids in bosnia.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am the OP on this tread....Great news for me in our home town I have been talking to people at Yale and I can go on a dig in our town where artifacts have been found dated to over 10,000 years old....this is gonna be cool for me.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Thank You for posting, They look like they would make a great root cellar or controlled environment storage.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is in Connecticut a old river valley where other artifacts have been found....I my self have found old arrow heads.
so this is gonna be fun!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

there are squiggly lines carved on the dolmens, maybe they represent the frequency it took to resonate the stones in order to move/make them?

but why bother when physically able and resourceful humans can do it with simple equipment that we can prove existed, replicate today, and can place in a typology of developing human technology and construction methods that clearly leads us step by step to the modern age?

some people need to get outside and try making things, rather than making assumptions based on lack of knowledge and practical experience... sorry to sound harsh, but so much bunk is talked about megalithics and people need to take some responsibility for educating themselves rather than living in cloud cockoo land.

ETA: there are also a wealth of books out the that cover these symbols but it's futile to hold peoples hands when looking into decently researched and peer reviewed academic works (and not just the made-up internets) can allow them an epiphany of there own... sheesh!
edit on 29-1-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

what you're talking about is called "bamboo technology". It's like the gadgets on Gilligan's Island. I love how people like you assume people like me don't know what I'm talking about as if I've never held a power tool in my hands before. And that's the funny part because anybody who takes the time to look at the evidence and who actually does know what it takes to make, move and manipulate the kinds of things like these that we find all over the Earth, will tell you they didn't do it with hand tools.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

Or perhaps people like to decorate things that are important to them?

No, I must be mistaken.

not saying you are mistaken. is that what the lines are- just decorations? are you just guessing about that? I see some similarities with other "decorations" from all over the world. amazing how fashion oriented they all were.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join