It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Koreans Reportedly Turn to Cannibalism Due to 'Hidden Famine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I don't know if I can believe this.
News out of North Korean in notorious unreliable, but food shortages in the country have gotten so bad and people so desperate that there are now reports of men murdering their own children for food. These startling reports were compiled by independent reporters commissioned by Asia Press, a independent press agency focusing on Asia, and were published by the Sunday Times. And here's one of the most disturbing thing you'll read this morning.

www.theatlanticwire.com...

www.digitaljournal.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
I don't know if I can believe this.
News out of North Korean in notorious unreliable, but food shortages in the country have gotten so bad and people so desperate that there are now reports of men murdering their own children for food. These startling reports were compiled by independent reporters commissioned by Asia Press, a independent press agency focusing on Asia, and were published by the Sunday Times. And here's one of the most disturbing thing you'll read this morning.

www.theatlanticwire.com...

www.digitaljournal.com...

sadly, it wouldn't be the first time in history. how sad we are as a civilization.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't know if I buy the cannibalism story or not. But I won't say it isn't true, because I just don't know. So taking the story at face value...

This is just one more example of the people of yet another country suffering horribly for the evil acts of a few. Starve those who commit those acts. Not those who had nothing to do with it.

how sad we are as a civilization.

Indeed.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

These conditions are possible when you have a dictator who spends more time and money on his own lavish lifestyle and building weapons to attack his perceived enemies with (America) than he does on the welfare of his citizens.

Kim Jong Un is a tyrant as was his father. I guess Bush was right about something!

edit on 28-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Sadly they have done this in previous famines under their last "leader."
Some would say that the west are partly responsible,as sanctions always hit the people rather than the leadership.

A horrible situation.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The west would be wrong to change the leadership.

How do we feed the people and starve the leaders?

What would become of Korea if we feed the population and allow the leadership to remain in power?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yeah so, this man and couple of others incidents, years apart = north Koreans?

Haha, these wacko news people are funny as hell, and it seems they don't know the limit to over generalizing.

Oh yeah, on top it off, a "news" source with "WTF" as a tag, is really credible

Its like.... few reports of incest in America.. all of a sudden! Americans turn to incest due to repressed sexual drive.
edit on 1/28/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The west would be wrong to change the leadership.

How do we feed the people and starve the leaders?

What would become of Korea if we feed the population and allow the leadership to remain in power?

It would be better to get rid of the leader, the person preventing prosperity, and allow the people of N. Korea the freedom to rebuild their country....hypothetically speaking, of course.

Throwing supplies at a country as corrupt as NK is akin to flushing hundred dollar bills down the toilet IMO. We've got our own problems as a nation. The people of NK will have to sort this out.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's great...their leadership dines on steak and lobster while the people eat grass and bark.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is just hilarious. It reminds me of the old cold war stories where Russians were depicted as demons or monsters who ate their children just because. They wanted to conquer the world because they were running out of children to eat. A look at the population of Russia shows fairly quickly that this never happened. And yes, these stories were found in "reliable" newspapers.

Can't believe they are still running these kind of stupidities. Hope no one gives these stories any credibility.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Haha stupidity(i should i say gullible) never cease to exist.. you can even see it in this thread, on how people's emotions gets affected.

Its scary to live around people who can easily get manipulated.

"Korean eat their baby, imagine what they would do to you! and our freedom... please pour money into our mission "preemptive attack on north Korea".. do you want your kids eaten!? act now!"

new topics

top topics

join