It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking Rosicrusian Information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hi All,

A while ago I was having a conversation with a Rosicrucian and the phrase 'IAO ZOS KIA' was used.

Can anyone explain what this phrase means?

Thanks.
edit on 28-1-2013 by creatives because: bad grammar

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by creatives

i cant help you out too much, but there are rosicrucian societies (available via ze interwebs) that you could look into, and the steiner/waldorf movement is also somewhat rosicrucian in it's origins, this may be an avenue for you to explore.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by creatives
Hi All,

A while ago I was having a conversation with a Rosicrucian and the phrase 'IAO ZOS KIA' was used.

Can anyone explain what this phrase means?

Thanks.
edit on 28-1-2013 by creatives because: bad grammar

"Zos Kia Cultus is a form, style, or school of magic developed by Austin Osman Spare. It focuses on one's individual universe and the influence of the magician's will on it. Consequently, it is highly personal.

While the Zos Kia Cultus has very few adherents today, it is widely considered an important influence on the development of western occultism in general, and the rise of chaos magic in particular.

The meaning of Zos is the whole of the human, involving the whole spectrum of conscious thought. The symbol of Zos is a pentagram, or the five fingers of the human hand.

Kia refers to the eye, the symbolism of which can be understood either as the gateway to Zos, the self, or a phonetic "I." It is clear from Spare's writing that how the self is understood is key to the nature of the said self; our perception defines our nature, not the other way around. This is the key to Zos Kia Cultus."

Quoted from: answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thanks, caladonea.
So I was correct.

I must learn to trust my intuition.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
check out the rosicrucian order AMORC. you can find them on facebook and be linked to their website. they carry alot of information really good stuff on ancient mathematics and pythagoras.

very interesting knowledge, documents and discussions to say the least. enjoy

also, a big yes on trusting your intuition. it sometimes leads u wrong.. but then u find out why it was right later on.
edit on 28-1-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I AM SALT...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Max Heindel, and Rudolf Steiner, would be good places to start in researching Rosicrucianism...I have several of their books, and even wrote a thread on some of Max Heindel's work, which is in my signature : Astro-Diagnosis.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

As far as I can tell, you have to start off the false pretense that the rose(Mary) and the cross(where Jesus died) are pagan symbols. Then you start doing magic.

Sound fun?

eta: Education - Google.
edit on 1-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join