It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock Market for Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
We knew it was coming

Water Investment

I'm at work so I didn't read real close but it sounds like a new stock system only for water.

Good thing bad thing it'll help but will it help only those with money?

Is this about helping or making money or both

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
perhaps bush's 100,000 acre purchase in Paraguay wasn't only for war crime sanctuary
sad
my thought is
it's all about money
locals will now die of thirst sitting on water pipelines feeding their life's blood out
UN will be there guarding this atrocity too

edit on 28-1-2013 by lasvegasteddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Have your first flag, mate.

Yeah, we knew it was coming. And we know where it's going. The frackers pump it beneath the oil, and the engine of Earth gasps for life while father al gore and bone-o stick it up our arse.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikell
We knew it was coming

Water Investment

I'm at work so I didn't read real close but it sounds like a new stock system only for water.

Good thing bad thing it'll help but will it help only those with money?

Is this about helping or making money or both

Water programs are capital intensive. For them to produce returns on capital investment means people have to get charged up the wazoo to pay it back, or investors lose.

Kind of simple isn't it?

Not sure how this will benefit the end user...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Call me a commie but I think all essential services, water, electricity, phone and internet, hospitals, schools etc etc should not be open to investors.

I find it kind of sickening that the rich are able to make money off a basic human necessity

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mikell

I think the point of it is to work as a market mechanism to create an incentive to conserve water resources..

It will be like a 'water use' derivative.. likely corporation of a certain size and performing certain activities will be given an allocated water usage allowance, if they go under this allowance they can sell their excess and if they are over they have to buy extra credits..

This will make it so that it is financially prudent to use less water - presently the cheap cost of water means that it is cheaper to use heaps of water than invest in technologies that would save water..

This program aims to make it economically prudent to invest in water saving technologies.

Sure, some people will get rich, some will loose.. But I think the point is to make water valuable so that it isn't wasted.

new topics

top topics

join