It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divide and Conquer (Can't anyone else see this?!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Alright, I've been spending all my time lately arguing with people who are anti-gun.

As we all know, guns are on the hot seat right now, as are Americans to most other countries. To European countries, we look like violent bigots, and they look to us like brainwashed sheeple.

And, on every website, I find myself somehow wrapped into a political argument with a European. Not on purpose--I don't weed them out. In fact, until they tell me otherwise, I seem to think they're also American. Then, they use some choice words, like "bigot" or "dumbass conservative," or "stupid Americans."

I'm thinking, where did that come from?

Don't get me wrong, I'm young and naive, so I guess I'm not as wrapped in "culture vs culture" stuff. But, I don't intent to be. I think nationalistic pride is destructive. I'm happy to be an American.

Happy and grateful, yes. Proud? Not so much.

So, just after being ganged up on by passive-aggressive anti-gun fools on facebook, I started watching a more recent Alex Jones documentary that I thought was interesting, and it's very well made, very logical and factual. It's called "Strategic Relocation."

Here is the link, if you'd like to watch it. ---> Strategic Relocation

Anyway, listening to the facts, I began thinking about the possibility of a third world war, and a nuclear attack on America. Then, it hit me.

In the documentary, they talk about how dividing and conquering is going to aid the governments in breaking down the people, right before the war.

Look at us now.

Europeans and Americans are bickering and hating one another over this whole gun control Piers Morgan stuff. Speaking from experience!

People have been calling me an ignorant conservative because of my gun beliefs. I never claimed to be a conservative. Nor am I a liberal, a democrat, or a republican. Those are stupid labels that someone else set up for me, and I reject them.

Call it childish. I don't care.

But look at us. Seriously.

Democrats, republicans, liberals, and conservatives are at one another's throats right now, along with Europeans and Americans.

We've got to stop fighting over these petty problems. That's what they want for us.

It's the only thing we're focusing on anymore.

If you think about a nuclear attack on America, gun control seems like a pretty minor problem, doesn't it?

Come on, people. We're all human beings, despite whatever labels you choose to wear, and with whatever accent you speak.

Something bigger is happening that we can't forget to keep our eyes on.

They can't conquer if we don't divide.

Stop the petty bickering and controversy, just calm down, cling to your loved ones, and prep.

Stop the hate.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I don't believe they are brainwashed sheeple, the Europeans I know tend to be a bit more idealistic in regards to violence trying to "cure" it later down the line, while many Americans are practical and seek to meet threats here and now. Which is better, is up to the respective parties to decide.

If they have to resort to childish name calling, odds are you've bettered them in the debate.

It's far better to be "young and naive" as you claimed, than to be old, bitter, and jaded.

In regards to something bigger going on, isn't there always? It's hard to tell, but I assure you that political bickering and fighting has been going on for countless years, the debate on gun control has also been going on for decades in this very country. It's a sad state of affairs when people have to harbor hate toward each other than trying to show others the value in their political ideals.

In regards to national pride, I agree with you. I'm happy to be an American, but I've found profound beauty and enjoyment in the lands and cultures of the various other peoples in the world. We're all human.

Humanity has been divided since the dawn of our species....the things we could accomplish if that was not the case.

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist" - George Carlin

edit on 27-1-2013 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Stop the hate.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

It took this to cause it to be obvious? You mean you couldn't see this in our own country with republican and democratic nominations?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

It took this to cause it to be obvious? You mean you couldn't see this in our own country with republican and democratic nominations?

Honestly, I'm still learning most of the things I'm interested in. I have gotten very wrapped up in the gun control anti-Piers Morgan stuff lately, I almost forgot to see the big picture. I suppose that's why I posted this thread. It was a personal wake-up call, and I was wondering if anyone else is seeing the big picture, rather than being trapped in the endless maze of hate.

I don't believe they are brainwashed sheeple, the Europeans I know tend to be a bit more idealistic in regards to violence trying to "cure" it later down the line, while many Americans are practical and seek to meet threats here and now. Which is better, is up to the respective parties to decide. If they have to resort to childish name calling, odds are you've bettered them in the debate. It's far better to be "young and naive" as you claimed, than to be old, bitter, and jaded. In regards to something bigger going on, isn't there always? It's hard to tell, but I assure you that political bickering and fighting has been going on for countless years, the debate on gun control has also been going on for decades in this very country. It's a sad state of affairs when people have to harbor hate toward each other than trying to show others the value in their political ideals. In regards to national pride, I agree with you. I'm happy to be an American, but I've found profound beauty and enjoyment in the lands and cultures of the various other peoples in the world. We're all human. Humanity has been divided since the dawn of our species....the things we could accomplish if that was not the case.

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist" - George Carlin

You're right. I believe it all to be a big distraction. I'm really thinking they're gonna have a nuclear attack on America... could happen tomorrow, or 200 years from now. But whenever, it's an ultimate plan for extermination, and the greatest way to propose a "one world savior" to the survivors of the ashes.

Also, I love that song, Where Is The Love. I especially like the line, "The truth is kept secret, swept under the rug." ... The Black Eyed Peas know what's going on.

Also, I really like this song. Holocaust, by Boralis
edit on 27-1-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I totally understand. I voted for BO in 2008 as a freshman undergrad, and overtime got into seeing the truth of things, which is neither left nor right. A lot of my friends were strong liberals and they got mad at me because I would question BO and point out their all-of-a-sudden pro-war hypocrisy. I also pissed a lot of emotionally bombastic democratic friends off when I said I was pro-gun. I made a few libertarian friends, and I get along with them much better, but I'm still too left for a lot of conservatives to like me and too far right for liberals to like me, so I agree. I just want people to see that a lot of people on both sides are being pitted against each other to distract from the real enemy. I also see how much we all have in common, and how much more we could get done. I think instead of left or right we should aggregate along the lines of authoritarian vs. anti-authoritarian, or something like that. I know your post was talking about different countries, but it's definitely the same at home.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ETONE
I totally understand. I voted for BO in 2008 as a freshman undergrad, and overtime got into seeing the truth of things, which is neither left nor right. A lot of my friends were strong liberals and they got mad at me because I would question BO and point out their all-of-a-sudden pro-war hypocrisy. I also pissed a lot of emotionally bombastic democratic friends off when I said I was pro-gun. I made a few libertarian friends, and I get along with them much better, but I'm still too left for a lot of conservatives to like me and too far right for liberals to like me, so I agree. I just want people to see that a lot of people on both sides are being pitted against each other to distract from the real enemy. I also see how much we all have in common, and how much more we could get done. I think instead of left or right we should aggregate along the lines of authoritarian vs. anti-authoritarian, or something like that. I know your post was talking about different countries, but it's definitely the same at home.

Yep, and my post was about everyone in general, from the different countries, to the people in our home lands, who wear different labels, and fight each other because of it.

It all looks so petty, watching it objectively.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I see what your saying, but if you take this into account you have to see the even BIGGER picture.

You can take dems and reps.
But you have to go bigger, pro-gun, anti-gun.
Now bigger, blacks, whites.
Now bigger, religious and the non.
and I hate to say it, but you have to go bigger, aliens and non... it goes on and on.

The division that is needed HAS to be equal in order to work. I havent been on here as of late due to petty division, and I am now awaiting the BIGGER picture. Believe me its there, waiting, lurking.

They (whoever you think is responsible) has to wait till we are willing to kill eachother.

Peace, NRE.

You want to know what will divide?? IMHO of course, mind control. That always works. We are surrounded, and to be honest I think alot of us are already programmed, so in essence, we have to wait till they pull the switch.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I see what your saying, but if you take this into account you have to see the even BIGGER picture.

and I hate to say it, but you have to go bigger, aliens and non... it goes on and on.

The division that is needed HAS to be equal in order to work. I havent been on here as of late due to petty division, and I am now awaiting the BIGGER picture. Believe me its there, waiting, lurking.

They (whoever you think is responsible) has to wait till we are willing to kill eachother.

Peace, NRE.

You want to know what will divide?? IMHO of course, mind control. That always works. We are surrounded, and to be honest I think alot of us are already programmed, so in essence, we have to wait till they pull the switch.

You're entirely right. But think about this.

What if those of us who AREN'T the elite were to pull together?

Then, we'd have the wealthy elite, vs the plentiful, angry citizens of the world.

There aren't nearly as many of the elite as there are us, but they have much more money and, as a result, much more to fight with than regular guns. They have drones, bombs, and above all, influence.

But if we were to get over the manufactured division that we destroy ourselves with, we would actually prove to be a fair foe against the elite. Not "we" as in Americans, but "we" as in EVERYONE who isn't government.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Like I've said many times before; the artificial boundaries forced upon us such as political parties, religions, nationalities, and certain laws like the one you mentioned, the gun law, were made to divide the people. A people divided is a people easily controlled. Just take the nationality thing for instance. Most people don't want to go to war. But force your views and exploit differences and some will gobble down the propaganda like it's gonna save their lives.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

Like I've said many times before; the artificial boundaries forced upon us such as political parties, religions, nationalities, and certain laws like the one you mentioned, the gun law, were made to divide the people. A people divided is a people easily controlled. Just take the nationality thing for instance. Most people don't want to go to war. But force your views and exploit differences and some will gobble down the propaganda like it's gonna save their lives.

Yeah, and it's pathetic...

I want to round up as many people as I can who are around my age, and steer them away from the propaganda.

Oh wait, I tried that once.

It's not exactly easy.

People can't be forced to wake up, sadly...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is the catalyst that has been placed here, on time, for people to come together and unite. Or not. But that's their individual free-will decision.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You're right about that! We can't wake them up if they don't want to. I think it's just to hard for some people to understand we can take the power back. If we stand together, the power "THEY" have, will be taken away in an instant.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

You're right about that! We can't wake them up if they don't want to. I think it's just to hard for some people to understand we can take the power back. If we stand together, the power "THEY" have, will be taken away in an instant.

This is the catalyst that has been placed here, on time, for people to come together and unite. Or not. But that's their individual free-will decision.

Exactly! Their power is our ignorance!

And our ignorance is our hinderance.

God help us...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I think Source (God) is helping us. Can you feel that light energy coming in? It makes my whole body feel fuzzy, my heart quick to love and slow to hate, and many other little emotions and thoughts of positive nature. All but the most hardened souls have felt an uplift. I deal with customers all day long, teaching them how to use a product over the phone. The general spirit of each customer, while still individual and varied, is all on an upward tick that I've never experienced before.

The catalyst I think is them attempting to break us up. We will (IMHO) see this and rebel, and change the world.

We are the ones we've been waiting for.

I hope.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal

I think Source (God) is helping us. Can you feel that light energy coming in? It makes my whole body feel fuzzy, my heart quick to love and slow to hate, and many other little emotions and thoughts of positive nature. All but the most hardened souls have felt an uplift. I deal with customers all day long, teaching them how to use a product over the phone. The general spirit of each customer, while still individual and varied, is all on an upward tick that I've never experienced before.

The catalyst I think is them attempting to break us up. We will (IMHO) see this and rebel, and change the world.

We are the ones we've been waiting for.

I hope.

Makes me shutter to think what will happen if we don't fulfill our job.

The tyrants will reign over the fallout, but they will eventually die out...

Then what?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Bingo ^^^^^^^^ I've been saying this for ever and usually get the "deer in the headlights". Society has segregated itself into so many different fragmented cells of who's right and who's wrong that the majority fail to see the elephant in the room. Possibly one of the biggest arguments against evolution, lol. One would think that by now we would have figured it out and realized that we're all on the same team.

new topics

top topics

join