It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Mechanism of Human Sense Organs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Quantum Mechanism of Human Sense Organs

www.bbc.co.uk

A controversial theory that the way we smell involves a quantum physics effect has received a boost, following experiments with human subjects.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Is... There Life After Death ?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is a very intriguing article, containing experimentation of ideas dealing with quantum mechanisms from which arise stimulations of human sense organs, leading to qualia effects and conscious experience of those effects.

What the article suggests is that it may very well be vibrations caused by energy input that give each smell it's particular scent? It's a controversial idea within mainstream science, as the leading concept on smell is thought to be determined by the shape of the molecules, and not by vibrations. Yet, to my mind, vibrations are probably the alphabet of the universe, with each vibration, it's amplitude and wavelength, analogous to a letter, and a group of vibrations harmonising at a particular energy level analogous to a word, which our brains process into real world experiences, or qualia effects.

The idea carried within the article actually correllates to an idea I have held for nigh on 16 years or more regarding consciousness, as I believe it to be a by-product of energy interactions at quantum level placing the organism into a conscious state. The type and sophistication of consciousness that arises within an organism is determined by the organism's physical structure and internal processing systems. Man has the most sophisticated and complex modular processing system - his brain, and thus his conscious state is apropos to such complexity.

I have discussed my theory in past posts on ATS, I'll try to dig them up so that if the reader is interested enough, they can judge for themselves if there exists a correllation.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27/1/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/1/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Wow nice find.

Do you think that different molecular structures give of different vibrations?

To be honest with you I've never really thought about how the sense of smell worked. I have read into how it triggers memory and whatnot but this is very fascinating.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yeah, ya know, it really is amazing me every single day how connected we all really are.

This synchronicity, this together-ness, this all or nothing tribe of humanity is so beautiful as i'm staring out my window now at a full moon.

There are clouds over the past and a clear sky over me.

I feel pretty good right now.

I need to make some money.

I want to have a family.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Wow nice find.

To be honest with you I've never really thought about how the sense of smell worked. I have read into how it triggers memory and whatnot but this is very fascinating.

Some flowers have a smell to drag you in, and some nature has a smell to make you run, right?

That's been my experience as i can recall.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
lobotomizemecapin:

I believe that energy vibrations are what form and shape matter. All the different expressions of matter in the universe correllate as harmonics or notes made up out of vibrations, and in turn cause the harmonics or notes to 'sing' with an affinity to the energy causing them to vibrate. The universe as a whole owes its existence to vibrations as they are the language by which quanta correspond with each other. Whatever energy truly is, it manifests through force, and force is what keeps existence switched 'on' through vibrations. There's an infinite wide spectrum of vibrations, and life forms sensory apparatus is tuned only to be stimulated by a small micro section of it

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
And in that simple and elegant paragraph you have answered one of the many questions plaguing humanity for ages. Ufos/Bigfoots/Angels/Sea Monsters/Fairies/Demons/Etc. It is just our minds interacting with the universe, using our imagination to apply the shape and form to whatever emotional energy we are currently 'vibing'

Consider how Native Americans, Tibetan Yogis and Aboriginees sing and dance, beating drums and moving in rhythm to the VIBRATIONS of the universe.

Or the Ba`al Shem

The "Name" referred to in "Master of the Name" is the most holy Four-Letter Name of God or Tetragrammaton. In Jewish tradition, this Name was pronounced only by the High Priest on Yom Kippur. With the destruction of the Second Temple by the Romans in the year 70 CE, the true pronunciation was presumably lost. (Jews today do not pronounce the Name out loud, and substitute another Hebrew word, usually Adonai, in prayers and texts.) In some accounts, a Baal Shem was believed to have re-discovered the true pronunciation, perhaps during deep meditation, and could use it in magical ways to work miracles. Some stories say he pronounced it out loud, others say he visualized the Name in his mind. He also used the names of angels in this way.

Made me think of this actually....
The Science of Ohm

and then i thought of this

by Loren Graham, MIT and Harvard University

A common concept in history is that knowing the name of something or someone gives one power over that thing or person. This concept occurs in many different forms, in numerous cultures—in ancient and primitive tribes, as well as in Islamic, Jewish, Egyptian, Vedic, Hindu, and Christian traditions. The strength of this belief varies, and there are certainly exceptions to it. Nonetheless, the persistence and historical continuity of the linking of naming and power are unmistakable. Some scholars find it embedded in the first verses of Genesis, probably written over three thousand years ago; others believe it to be an intrinsic characteristic of classical Greek religion; still others find it a central feature in magic and folklore; and modern feminists often see it as the reason that a woman in marriage is traditionally asked to take the name of her new husband. In all these cases, naming something or someone is seen as the exertion of dominion over that thing or person. Several twentieth-century mathematicians gave naming a peculiar twist that reflected their deep religious mysticism and influenced their creativity.

In Genesis we hear in the first verses that "God said 'Let there be Light' and there was light." Think about that statement logically. God named the thing before he created it; the naming seems a necessary first step toward creation. Then, according to Genesis, God gave Man the right to name all the animals and, at the same time, the right of dominion over them. Here again the act of naming carries with it a sense of power, of hegemony. The Egyptian god Ptah allegedly had the power to create anything he could name. The ancient Egyptians similarly believed that one gained power over a god if one knew his name. According to the Jewish religion, the name of God was so holy that it was not to be said out loud. A likely reason for this prohibition was that naming God might be seen as an attempt to assert dominion over him, to duplicate illegitimately a power that God uniquely possessed.

Philoctetes

Oh, and you just have to love how smell is intimately tied to..something....i forget what

Smelling the Past
edit on 28-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Wow nice find.

This....

I don't see a contradiction.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Great post and article.

This is groundbreaking and with the emergent field of Quantum Biology, Quantum Consciousness is on the horizon,. If migration of birds, smell, DNA and Photosynthesis can use quantum properties then there's no reason why the brain couldn't do the same thing.

Everything considered unexplained in the areas of Psi will easily be explained with Quantum Consciousness. ESP, Twin Telepathy, Near Death experiences and more would be explained with three simple words.

Entanglement, Non-Locality and Superposition.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Smell is caused by small molecules. This particles also have wave character.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Entanglement - that´s the secret of all.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Our body is made out of small molecules with wave character.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Very interesting article.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have read that there are a few different quantum mechanisms used in the natural world, one being a fungi that to absorb more energy from the sun.

Nature finds a way.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So, are good smells a harmony of this rythym? And bad smells, like a child banging on a piano?

I wonder if they tested the effects of modulation on certain odors and the ability to identify them?

top topics

join