It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful System to Bring Widespread Severe Weather Potential 01/29/2013

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
STAR DATE 1/29~

Today I woke up in Chicago.... The Air was damp and the ground soft.... I... can't... believe... it's january..... I fear someone is tampering w/ the earth's weather.... wth.... I mean wild Earth Changes?

Seriously it was 58 Degree this morning driving at 7:20am (CST)

Peace out cub scouts~

Star Date out~

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It just started raining here. I'm smack dab in the middle of hell(Illinois). Not much wind but it's freaking pouring!
edit on 29-1-2013 by KawRider9 because: Cause I'm a moron and misspelled raining

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyn50

Too far south. Just getting rain and a 65 degree day.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hope those west of me are doing ok.There have been some warnings going up out that way.

So,they have named this magnus?

www.weather.com...,0123&_rd=n

They have upgraded all those that will be affect from a torcon 4 to a 6.

Stay safe!
Peace,
K

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Hi kdog, Yes, our area and some areas of Texas have been rated at a 6 for torcon scale from a 1 to 10 scale I believe. A 6 rating is enough to keep one vigilant.

Texas in the Dallas and Denton area is about to get slammed with some of the nasties. Squall line arriving.

I expect NW Louisiana will be getting slammed much later in the day and evening. Right now, we are getting drizzles, wind gusts of 30 mph, some broken tree limbs and wind lake advisaries. Waiting to see what occurrs later with one eye toward the sky. Night time tornadoes are the worst so hoping no one gets those. Can't see what's coming and some folks turn in and so forth.
The local weather warnings for our area are for later today/tonite. These storms are fast movers, so, will see.
Thanx for listening.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Yes,shrevegal,those night time twisters are bad.
The front should be hitting my area around 3 am.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
TORNADO WARNING now for Arkansas, Crawford, Ft. Smith areas...near border of Oklahoma and Arkansas.

TORNADO WARNING for Missouri, Lincoln Counties. St, Charles going N East.
edit on 29-1-2013 by shrevegal because: added warning.

WARNINGS for Missouri/Illinois border. Calhoun County area.
edit on 29-1-2013 by shrevegal because: added warning.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

TWC Breaking@TWCBreakingLocal emergency management reports #tornado on the ground just S of Natural Dam, AR along Hwy 59. Radar indicates debris signature. #arwx

They have live twitter updates here.

www.weather.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I got to go for awhile,so you all stay safe!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If anyone has loved ones in the Arkansas area where the tornado is reported and you need local coverage, here is ABC channel out of Fayetteville

Stay safe everyone!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Looks like severe weather in East Tn tonight and tomorrow, TorCon tomorrow of 5. Read on weather.com some wind gust may be over 105 mph with this storm system.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If you are interested in watching live feed, here is a link to the TX storm chasers. Looks like they are in Arkansas at the moment.

www.kcbd.com...

ETA- (hope this isn't against t and c) check out this link for TN area live updates.

middletennesseeweatherpage.com...

(I am in no affiliated with the site.)

edit on 29-1-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

K-dog my very best canine friend. Today in Virginia is was a balmy 72 degrees. We had snow on Sat and it was in the 20's on Sunday. Tomorrow its supposed to get to 75 and then drop like a stone towards the weekend. Ca- razy weather for sure. But as we say here. If you dont like the weather wait a minute and it will change.
edit on 29-1-2013 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

A soaked earth during the summer of 2003 caused trees all over this area to go down during Isabel in Sept of that year. Months later it still looked like a blast area. My niece came here to go to Coast Guard school a year after and asked about the trees that were still on the ground. There are a lot of woods around here and no one cleaned up those areas unless they were on private land or in a park. There are still trees on the ground to this day back in the woods. Me I pray to loose a tree or two with each storm. My yard is too shady. But alas the pines just sway in the breeze like they're made of rubber.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Aw I love goats. Weird eyes and all. Do you make cheese from their milk? Yummy.
One tried to eat a button off my jacket once. Too cute. It was a little pigmy goat. Gold with black patches. I wanted to take it home with me but I live in a city and damn ordinances won't allow them.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

You see any posts that suggest we think otherwise? All the guy is doing is giving people a heads up. Nothing woo woo going on here or even being suggested.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Went out tonight in North Ga. It is tornado weather. I know it when I feel it. It's hot and moist and still, skies are clear.

It is crazy hot for late January. It feels more like June.

In the store in the floral clearance were grape hyacinths and tulips, already bloomed and spent.

If the cold dry comes in fast enough and at the right time of day.....wham.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Winds have died down here in Mid. TN. Clear skies. Hopefully the clear sky will let the temps go down and stabilize the atmosphere just a bit before the front moves in.

Stay safe everyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Thanks for the storm chaser link. I had it bookmarked then it disappeared. Those storms on radar look intense. I am also following weather.com live feed.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Hey,karen,hope all is well!
It might get a little bumpy here tonight.
Why do these storms always come in the middle of the night for me?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join