It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to publicly apologize to... Anonymous.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
reply to post by daaskapital

They are, and probably always have been, agents working for Intelligence Agencies.

"They" aren't anything of the sort.

In the same way that you are reading this on the internet, an "agent" could also be reading this on the internet. That makes both of you anonymous.

Anonymous is a collective. It is not a group with a clear definition.

How would you know, considering they are "Anonymous?"

Anonymous would have to have a structure to it, somewhere in its core. I do not believe that they are just a collective of random people who hack under the general term of "Anonymous."

As i said before, the FBI infiltrated Anonymous by making a deal with a high ranking Anonymous member who then spied on, and led the FBI to the homes of other Anonymous members. This indicates to me, that Anonymous would have to have some type of hierarchy or system in place. This indicates to me that Anonymous is not just a general term applying to random hackers.

The core of Anonymous definitely sounds like a specified group of individuals to me...and they have been infiltrated by Intelligence Agencies...so again, i do not believe that they are fighting for our freedom...as they claim.
edit on 29-1-2013 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Dude...Anonymous was infiltrated by the FBI...i have no reason to believe anything that "officially" comes from them. Neither do i feel the need to cheer for what they are doing...after all it is them and other hackers who are helping the governments gain control over the internet.

They are, and probably always have been, agents working for Intelligence Agencies.

It is not possible to fully infiltrate Anon. Certain key members have been compromised that is all. They are not trying to help the government gain control over the internet. Out of the many faces of Anon the one things they all share in common is the belief the internet should remain free. How is that helping the government gain control over the internet.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

How would you know, considering they are "Anonymous?"

That is the point, though. When you get on the internet you become the collective anonymous. I don't know who you are in person, I know you by your online pseudonym.

That is why Anonymous can come across as contradictory. Anyone can be anonymous. You, me, and FBI/CIA agents.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

They aren't involved in the conspiracy world

I don't know why we're (or you're) arguing about this.

You said something and I had something to say in response. Nothing more nothing less.

the chances that anyone saw this guys insults or apology are slim

That's fine. I wouldn't disagree with that point!! That's not what my post was in response to.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join