It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Historian Uncovers English Crop Circles Circa 1945

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Reg, the country’s best known circle investigator, believes the striking agricultural artworks are messages from space.

Twenty years ago, he shocked the world by revealing: “A 200 foot long penis turned up in a crop formation just by Chequers.

“Everybody laughed – so did I.

“But one week after that appeared near the Prime Minister’s home, we discovered that the American male had lost half of his sperm count.

“Two months after that it came out that we’re losing it over here, too.

“I don’t believe that crop formation was a hoax. I think somebody was trying to tell us something.

Messages from space?

Why would 'aliens' endure a trip through space to draw a penis on a field?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by angryhulk

well considering some humans draw willies on just about anything they can, perhaps aliens feel the same

anyhow, if you have google earth plus, try looking up the 1945 layer, follow the co-ordinates i gave and you may even have the pleasure of de-bunking these features as an old ack-ack position. or not

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Skalla,

The upper row of icons contains a round clock which will open a slide rule to let you go back in time.

It is just left of the "sun rise" icon and just right of the "video camera" icon.

Click on the clock and the slide rule will be displayed.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Why would we presume to understand the motives of a species CAPABLE of traveling vast distances in space? Perhaps crop circles afford them the ability to communicate in a way that is not a direct interference with our species. Maybe they have a law against such a thing.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Those old photos could just be crop marks - or, maybe as suggested, ack ack gun emplacements.

In any case, I would hope ATSers are intelligent enough to realise the logical fallacy in assuming that because there is evidence of crop circles from the 1940s or earlier it somehow 'proves' that modern elaborate designs are not created by the humans who claim to create them

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
well i have drawn a blank, i definately dont have the stated icons on my google earth, and i would advise against any further banging of your head on the brick wall of my old pc and low level luddite-ism.. i really have tried, but alas
i'm gonna have to pass this over to someone else to look in to, i'll check back some time later, the info is in my earlier posts

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
well i have drawn a blank, i definately dont have the stated icons on my google earth, and i would advise against any further banging of your head on the brick wall of my old pc and low level luddite-ism.. i really have tried, but alas
i'm gonna have to pass this over to someone else to look in to, i'll check back some time later, the info is in my earlier posts

Don't give up yet!!!

At the top of your window you should have drop down menus. File, Edit, View, Tools...

View! Click on View.

Click next to toobar. This should add the toolbar icons that you are missing!

edit on 28-1-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

many thanks but i have the tool bar up, sans the particular vid camera and years time slider you mention, and when i i hit view/toolbar i get no further options/additional menu from there, despite many and various attempts to remedy the situation.. i'm only a very minor luddite, honest

ETA my "show time" option is greyed out too, i think the god of crop circles/ack-ack emplacements doth not smile on me today..

edit on 28-1-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
When I play the Game SPORE I often go to backwater worlds were the population is still "Tribal" I drop multiple crop circles and buzz around overhead until the native lifeforms freak out, throw arms, tentacles, pods or whatever into the air and moving around in circles! Sometimes I will beam a few up and use the Creature Tweaker on them, changing colors and other nonsense, just for kicks!

By this time I know the are properly conditioned to fear/respect me so I drop a Monolith next to the village to uplift them. They will worship it until they reach the development stage to travel in space...Meanwhile they still respect/fear me when they make it to the space age. I might become allies with them or blow up there insignificant planet if they rub me the wrong way!

All of this makes me laugh and I zoom off to another planet...
edit on 28-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

many thanks but i have the tool bar up, sans the particular vid camera and years time slider you mention, and when i i hit view/toolbar i get no further options/additional menu from there, despite many and various attempts to remedy the situation.. i'm only a very minor luddite, honest

ETA my "show time" option is greyed out too, i think the god of crop circles/ack-ack emplacements doth not smile on me today..

edit on 28-1-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

Hmm that is curious.

Also under the "view" menu there should be an option to display "historical imagery".

Maybe try that?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Look this could be one!!!

My bad thats a ww2 aircraft battery.
edit on 28-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

really, i have none of that stuff! when i get a chance gonna have to see about wiping it and starting GE again from scratch.

thx tho

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Why would we presume to understand the motives of a species CAPABLE of traveling vast distances in space? Perhaps crop circles afford them the ability to communicate in a way that is not a direct interference with our species. Maybe they have a law against such a thing.

Yeah, sure. Because they have evolved to be that dull. If they wanted to tell you something, I'm pretty sure they'd do a better job than drawing a penis on a field.

So what, the Earth is now an etch-a-sketch?

I'm open minding about most things, but this is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

really, i have none of that stuff! when i get a chance gonna have to see about wiping it and starting GE again from scratch.

thx tho

Check to see what version you have it's under the help menu.

Also check for latest updates also under the help menu.

If that doesn't work, then best to delete the program and download it fresh again.

Sorry... tried to help. Can't think of anything else to try.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You all remember that footage of the silver orb making a crop crop circle in england.

I've seen the same style of orb recently in fact two of them.

They possess more capabilities than one would imagine one being the ability to stealth themselves just as a ship would and sometimes they do not stealth well or think it meaningful to do so.

We do have more on our hands than humans with math skills and a mischievious streak more often than not.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Sergiana because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2013 by Sergiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Great read

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I just read the whole debate

Skyfloating nailed it.

My belief in the supernatural is strengthened yet again.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I am glad to see this thread. Not that it will do much good, though. Skeptical people will simply say that the hoaxerswere doing it back then as well. And they will ignore any evidence to the contrary.

Yeah... no HUMAN could create circles of such circularity, nor would they have the intelligence required to design them with convenient road access.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
what is this 1945 Google Earth Overlay ???

Greg, aged 59, who cut his teeth locating shipwrecks, used Google Earth’s new 1945 overlay – images of places taken 68 years ago – to make the breakthrough.

He spent more than 300 hours scouring the English countryside using the technology – and found a large number of crop circles.

the 'technology' does not sound like it actually captures pictures of crop circles in archived photographs, taken then developed in 1945 at all
...it sounds like a technology that 'depicts' hidden/unseen 'crop circles' from old images of the Land without physical crop circle phenomena apparent to the eye --- but the overlay technology miraculously 'sees' the hidden crop circle by way of some clever measurement analysis.

(i would suggest the process is different than EVP (electronic voice phenomena) but in the same vein

crop circles out-of thin air !

is my immediate appraisal... prove it is a real, factual, accurate re creation of what is imbedded into the soil

count me as a critic & cynic about this spoofy stuff

i seen and walked in a comparatively small crop circle back in the early 1960s,,, perhaps 3 merged circles approv 200 sq ft large... it was recognized as a bedding area for deers, yep 3 deer slept overnight in that corner of the cornfield (planted in straw that year) just 10 feet into the crop but within a spring distance into the woods beside the planted field of grain
(hershey PA)
edit on 29-1-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Thank you for this valuable intel. I have a long standing interest in all things crop circles I will make sure to return to this thread in future,

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join